Animal Crossing-City Folk

wow - thanks! We didn't know about stump beetles!!

Sure! There is a great list of all the bugs as well as a TON of other good info here:
http://accf.wikispaces.com/

Check out all of the links on the left hand side of the page! Most categories have discussions as well (tabs on top of page) but they aren't super active.

My favorite new tip is watching the weather on your (animal crossing) TV. They will show you if it is going to rain the next day or not! It doesn't say what time it will rain so if it a split screen half sun, half rain I will do a bit of jumping around during the day to make sure I've caught the rain and then set back to the regular time. I have so dang many flowers right now that I am always grateful for a chance to not have to water! The weather is on at these times if you have a TV in one of your rooms:

6:45am, 7:45am (excluding Sunday), 11:45am, 6:45pm, 10:45pm, and 11:45pm (weekends only).

About tarantulas.... :::shudder:::

Your best bet to catch them is to find one when you are walking around without your net. When you are carrying your net, they are way more likely to jump out at you. Sometimes you will see one and if you aren't carrying your net, you can slowly (very slowly!) approach it and get out your net at the last minute and catch it it. If it moves towards you, freeze and get your net out as it approaches and catch it. Not the greatest advice but I've caught a few this way. Of course, for every one I've caught, I've been bitten by at least 10. :laughing:

I am having trouble catching a tarantula. Anyone have any advice? :confused3

I have caught a scorpion, but that darn tarantula just bites me! :scared1:

I need help too!! I can't catch either one of them!! :sad1:

Same here - I just can't catch either one of them. I've seen them once or twice, but usually they run away (off the screen) before I can even react.

I've actually got quite a few elusive bugs - ones that aren't supposed to be hard to find. I have never seen a lantern fly or a birdwing in my town ever. I walked around forever last night trying to find the lantern fly. I swear I looked at every tree in my town at least 5 times but still nothing.

Will anyone be on tonight with gates open? I'm still looking for a sandcastle and an Eifel tower. I checked last night but no one was there. I'll happily pick them up and drop them again just to get them in my catalog, then I'll order them in my town.

Will anyone be on tonight with gates open? I'm still looking for a sandcastle and an Eifel tower. I checked last night but no one was there. I'll happily pick them up and drop them again just to get them in my catalog, then I'll order them in my town.

Name your time! I've had my gate open the better part of 2 days....I am playing a lot right now because I have to start work (school) next week. :sad2:

Keri

About tarantulas.... :::shudder:::

Your best bet to catch them is to find one when you are walking around without your net. When you are carrying your net, they are way more likely to jump out at you. Sometimes you will see one and if you aren't carrying your net, you can slowly (very slowly!) approach it and get out your net at the last minute and catch it it. If it moves towards you, freeze and get your net out as it approaches and catch it. Not the greatest advice but I've caught a few this way. Of course, for every one I've caught, I've been bitten by at least 10. :laughing:

Thanks! Yes, I have now vowed to not walk around my town past 7pm with my net out! :laughing: I have seen a few of them, but they JUMP at me and scare me to death! :rotfl: I just don't see many, I am wondering if they are coming out after I stop playing for the night... hummm.

I'll keep looking! And, I'll try to be such a scardy-cat!

I've actually got quite a few elusive bugs - ones that aren't supposed to be hard to find. I have never seen a lantern fly or a birdwing in my town ever. I walked around forever last night trying to find the lantern fly. I swear I looked at every tree in my town at least 5 times but still nothing.

My notes say that the lantern fly is out between the hours of 11pm - 8am, and 4pm - 7pm. I hope that helps. I see them quite often, but catching them isn't easy! You really have to sneak up on them. Oh yeah, they are on trees, they don't "fly" unless you scare them as you walk by.

My notes also say that birdwings are out 8am - 4pm. But (at least in my town) they are very rare! They are large, and they fly really high. I turned one in last month to win the Bug Off. :goodvibes (It was worth 99 points, if that helps anyone thinking of turning one in at the next bug off.)

I have seen a few of them, but they JUMP at me and scare me to death! :rotfl:

Tell me about it...I have literally shrieked before and scared D and DH half to death. How embarrassing is it when everyone in the house runs to see what happened to me and I have to admit it was a spider. In a game. :blush: :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Tell me about it...I have literally shrieked before and scared D and DH half to death. How embarrassing is it when everyone in the house runs to see what happened to me and I have to admit it was a spider. In a game. :blush: :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

:lmao: ok, I don't feel so bad now! There is strength in numbers!! :lmao:

Whoa! I just noticed this thread! I have Animal Crossing and I've been obsessed with it. My sister and I play almost daily. I'll have to find my friend code and invite some Disers to my town! I'm glad to see that other people love this game as much as me!!

Whoa! I just noticed this thread! I have Animal Crossing and I've been obsessed with it. My sister and I play almost daily. I'll have to find my friend code and invite some Disers to my town! I'm glad to see that other people love this game as much as me!!

Let us know when you have your code!! My town is currently under construction and I'm really embarrassed of it right now so no open gates for me for a while! I do try to visit when I can though which isn't nearly as often now that nursing school is about to get in the way of my AC-ing. :sad1: :rotfl:

Same here - I just can't catch either one of them. I've seen them once or twice, but usually they run away (off the screen) before I can even react.

I'm not home, but Lovely (my character) is.
I left the gate open, so feel free to drop by!
Leave a note on my sign - I like knowing who's visited.
We have to go to a retirement dinner tonight so I left the gate open this morning. As long as we haven't had a power failure or something, it should still be open.

I've caught a birdwing and a lantern fly - both were on the trunks of trees.

Feel free to take my bugs ;)

:lmao: ok, I don't feel so bad now! There is strength in numbers!! :lmao:

Add me to the list. I was actually on the phone with my sister once when the tarantula bit me. I jumped and screamed in the phone. Scared my sister to death. :scared1: She had no idea it was just a game.

I'm not home, but Lovely (my character) is.
I left the gate open, so feel free to drop by!
Leave a note on my sign - I like knowing who's visited.
We have to go to a retirement dinner tonight so I left the gate open this morning. As long as we haven't had a power failure or something, it should still be open.

I've caught a birdwing and a lantern fly - both were on the trunks of trees.

Feel free to take my bugs ;)

I don't know if I added Lovely, of if she's added me. I was on earlier and didn't see your gate open.

Tonight I actually caught that stupid lantern bug! Actually I caught 2 of them. I also caught an arapamia, which I also needed. I had the perfect shot at a tarantula, but I was too far away and I missed. It got me, though! And then I had to give up the Wii and let the kids play for a bit.

I'm sorry Duchie, I looked at my friend list this morning and I didn't see you there (my bad). :guilty:
I didn't have time to do anything about it this morning, so tonight I'll be sure to add you and I'll have the gate open.

Anybody else going to be open for visitors tonight?

Lovely
2278-2269-9022
Disney

I'm sorry Duchie, I looked at my friend list this morning and I didn't see you there (my bad). :guilty:
I didn't have time to do anything about it this morning, so tonight I'll be sure to add you and I'll have the gate open.

Anybody else going to be open for visitors tonight?

Lovely
2278-2269-9022
Disney

I've been wanting to visit your town so bad since I could only pop in and out the other time to grab that Eiffel tower and give you the King Tut mask! I'm definitely going to try to get over there tonight if your gate is open.... and it will be more than 2 seconds, I promise!! :rotfl:

I finally caught the birdwing today! :cool1:

Turnips are selling for 122 bells in my town today. Not great, but better than it has been. I've leave my gate open for a little while. I may not be actively playing but enjoy!

My flowers are probably totally dead by now. My wii is still disconnected and in my bedroom.

I hate decorating :(

I finally caught the birdwing today! :cool1:

Turnips are selling for 122 bells in my town today. Not great, but better than it has been. I've leave my gate open for a little while. I may not be actively playing but enjoy!
I caught a lantern bug last night. I entered your code. I had my gate open till 8 or so and for a while this afternoon. I'll try to open again tonight. I may not be there (might be doing my bobble head thing), but feel free to wander around.

I'll leave Eiffel Tower the sand castle just outside the gate.

Lovely a/k/a Lois ;)

For those of you who have caught a golden stag beetle, where did you find it? The book says it's on trees, but somewhere online it said it specified coconut trees. DD and I are looking for that one and the giant petal tail dragonfly now.

Here's a picture of one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sosostris/3702146613/

and this was in Wikipedia (I have way too much free time) :goodvibes

Golden Stag

Scientific Name Allotopus rosenbergi
Family Scaribidae - Scarab Beetles
Time of Year July to August
Time of Day 5pm to 4am
Where Found On palm trees
Size 80mm
Selling Price 12,000 Bells
Appearances Animal Crossing: City Folk

I don't think I've ever seen a petal tail dragonfly! I keep looking! My notes say they come out in the afternoon between 4 & 7pm, but I haven't seen one... :sad2:

And I am STILL trying to catch a tarantula! :headache: I am feeling the pressure too, because they go away at the end of August... Does anyone know if they come out in the rain? And I also wondered if they were out during the fireworks show...? I thought that might scare them away.

I think those are the only 2 bugs/fish I haven't caught so far. I have 3 more fish to catch to complete my collection in the museum, and 7 more bugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter