• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Angry with Delta!

DisneyMomma81

DIS Veteran
So I booked airfare for DD & I a couple weeks ago ~ for our trip this Oct. I checked today and our same flights have dropped by $10 each so a total savings of $40! I just got off the phone with Delta and they won't do anything ~ not even a credit to use within a certain amount of time (JetBlue does this). I'm pleased with the price I paid but $40 is $40. I just won't check anymore. Jerks.

That is just crappy. Poor customer service! Southwest gives you a credit. Ours went down twice and we got credit. That is just awful!

So I booked airfare for DD & I a couple weeks ago ~ for our trip this Oct. I checked today and our same flights have dropped by $10 each so a total savings of $40! I just got off the phone with Delta and they won't do anything ~ not even a credit to use within a certain amount of time (JetBlue does this). I'm pleased with the price I paid but $40 is $40. I just won't check anymore. Jerks.

That's standard procedure on Delta. No reason to be angry.

That happened to me before too. Just stinks when you have gotten great customer service from other airlines to find out that they have their own policy and won't issue credit. Probably the #1 reason I won't book with them again. Don't look because it could drop more. Ours was not quite $100/per ticket difference and I was just sick about it.

Another way to look at it is at least they don't come back and make you pay the difference when they raise the airfare. ;)

Another way to look at it is at least they don't come back and make you pay the difference when they raise the airfare. ;)

True that, although I bet it still won't make the OP feel better.

I started using SW whenever possible because I like their FF program; but every time I see posts ranting about baggage charges, change fees, etc on other airlines, I realize there are lots of reasons to stick with SW.
Although I am ticked that they're discontinuing their college FF program! :mad:

I guess this economy is causing everyone to tighten and/or revamp policies.

Sorry OP, you better stop watching the fares while it's just at $40. You'll feel even worse if it happens to go down more.

Does Continental give a credit?

None of the legacy airlines do anymore. They used to all allow you a credit for future travel, or a refund minus the change fee on the ticket. I'm a travel agent and part of my job USED to be checking on fares and alerting our clients to the savings, and asking if they wanted a credit or refund (if the drop was big enough to cover the fee). But, over the past few years, one by one they've all been droping that policy. United was the last hold out, they changed it just a few months ago.

Southwest still offers a credit, I'm not sure of JetBlue's policy since I don't book them much.

Sorry that happened to you - and you're right, $40 is $40..

That's why I only fly Southwest - although I know it's not available to everyone.. I actually think that if I had a destination in mind and SW didn't fly there, I would either stay home or drive.. LOL

Its unfair to blame Delta for sticking with a policy that they set well before you purchased the airfare.

If you knew that JetBlue provided a credit, perhaps it would have been a better option to book with them.

Sorry that happened to you - and you're right, $40 is $40..

That's why I only fly Southwest - although I know it's not available to everyone.. I actually think that if I had a destination in mind and SW didn't fly there, I would either stay home or drive.. LOL

Same here, last year we were supposed to fly out west for a vacation. Tickets at both Southwest and Continental were $600. I hate the pick your own seats at southwest so I figured for the same amount at Continental we get assigned seats(more comfy too), in flight movie, and a socket to plug our laptop into, we only use the battery then absolutely necessary.. Yep they are built into the floor of some planes now.

Well turns out we had to cancel the trip and lost $600. We couldn't even use a credit for a different flight because the change fees cost $600 all told. I was sick because I know that if I just would have booked with SW I would have gotten a full credit. Now I don't even bother looking at other airlines.

I knew that when I booked my flights with Continental, so I made sure I bought at a price I was comfortable with. I know last time I looked, one way of our flight went down $17 for each of us. But I'm happy with what I got. Buying each way separately, I think I got good fares. My fare to MCO that I bought in April, has only gone up. I did my research and knew that SW does give credit, but they had no flights that appealed to us.
So even if fares drop a bit, I'm OK with it.:thumbsup2

True that, although I bet it still won't make the OP feel better.
Why not? She would be doing the "happy dance" if her airfare went UP $10 instead of down. I booked my annual NYE trip for about $240 per person a couple of months ago. It's now up to $508. I am doing the "happy dance" :cool1:.

I agree with the others who say that she shouldn't be angry with Delta. She should be angry with herself for not checking the rules. MOST airlines do not allow changes without a fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter