Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise/extended days at wdw 4/13-25 PTR :)

Thank you to dbarker for the wonderful key rings, luggage tags, and luggage handles. :goodvibes I love the design of the giraffe fabric. :) It's neat how the key rings can go around your wrist. We've never had handle covers for our luggage, so it will be easier to find our luggage now. :)

This one didn't have a DIS name, but is from the Barker Family. :lovestruc

Thank you so much Deborah, Charlie, and David for the wonderful key fobs, luggage tags, and luggage handle covers for all 3 of us! :hug:

Ooops. That would be me (and my family). :wave2: I was in a rush to get to the post office, and forgot to sign the letter properly. Sorry.

I am so glad that you like the items we sent. I try to do something practical for the dads, so they don't feel so left out. DH reminds me quite often that dads always get left out and ignored. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

We hope you have loads of fun on your trip.

Love the new Big Gives!

I'm shaking my head at all the miscommunication. Maybe in my early twenties morning = 4 pm? BUT! They have your stuff!!! And you are so close!

Thank you Deborah :hug: I added your DIS name to the posts. :) Thank you for doing something to include the dads.

Maybe in my early twenties morning = 4 pm?

:rotfl:

Thanks Jo. :hug: I think my to do list keeps growing instead of getting done. Still waiting for the transfer info to be changed - yay for being able to see the info online, or I would have never known it's messed up. You're getting close too :hyper:

I went to pick up the package from yesterday, and 4 more arrived today. :cheer2:

I'm really sorry that we're so far behind in getting the pictures posted. Angel is trying to complete the school work that she'll miss while we're gone, in addition to her regular homework, and needs to study for several tests she has next week. I'm not sure she'll even be able to open the packages tonight, but I hope she'll be able to. We'll get the pictures posted just as soon as we can, but it may be a few days. I'll list who the packages have been from, so that they'll know that we've received them. :)

Judy (blessedmom4) :hug:
4monkeys :hug:
Crissyjb :hug:
suziedo :hug:
Carol & Carina (no DISname) :hug:
PurpleEars :hug:
jeffiner1978 :hug:
Gryffinclaw :hug:

I went to pick up the package from yesterday, and 4 more arrived today. :cheer2:

I'm really sorry that we're so far behind in getting the pictures posted. Angel is trying to complete the school work that she'll miss while we're gone, in addition to her regular homework, and needs to study for several tests she has next week. I'm not sure she'll even be able to open the packages tonight, but I hope she'll be able to. We'll get the pictures posted just as soon as we can, but it may be a few days. I'll list who the packages have been from, so that they'll know that we've received them. :)

Judy (blessedmom4) :hug:
4monkeys :hug:
Crissyjb :hug:
suziedo :hug:
Carol & Carina (no DISname) :hug:
PurpleEars :hug:
jeffiner1978 :hug:
Gryffinclaw :hug:

Oh wow, looks like you guys have ALLOT to open! Glad ours got there! I have been lurking and trying to catch up still. Sorry you have been getting such a run around with your Chapter. It is quite sad that they are all so different.

Hope Angel does well on all her work and Tests!pixiedust:

I'm really sorry that we're so far behind in getting the pictures posted. Angel is trying to complete the school work that she'll miss while we're gone, in addition to her regular homework, and needs to study for several tests she has next week.

I know how she feels.....sending tons of good vibes for school work!! pixiedust:

Thank you Amy :hug:

Thank you luvslikepi :hug: I hope your schoolwork is going well. :hug:

Angel was able to open the packages. :) I have all of the pictures ready, so hopefully she'll have time tomorrow night & we can get caught up posting them.

These are the packages that arrived last week. :)

21e9c29.jpg

The first one is from Disney52303 :lovestruc

kbulwi.jpg
more stickers on the back :)

2yycvev.jpg
30ro7d0.jpg
p1vtc.jpg
14ki103.jpg

b989s4.jpg
whlgdc.jpg

Thank you so much Leslie, Billy, Carys, and Chase for the adorable outfit! :hug:
I have to comment on this outfit because I absolutely adore it ~ it looks sooooo good on Angel too!

I saw your list of packages posted and mine was supposed to be on that list! At least according to the P.O. Of course, when I mailed it it got stuck in the package drop off b/c it was too full. And this is not the first time this has happened to me. You would think if the bin the packages are supposed to fall into gets full that the workers might want to empty it and get to work shopping things :confused3

Of course, we are expecting a package that was due by the 6th and now tracking is saying the 8th. Good thing I'm one smart Momma and told my dd it might arrive on Monday (even though it originally said delivery for today or tomorrow). Now I'm worried it won't arrive by Monday!

Glad you are getting your documents from the wish granters, but sorry about it ending up so late :confused3

Great BG you've got. And a great list still to post :hyper: I'm so happy Angel gets all this pixie dust :wizard:

Thank you Andrea :hug: Angel adores that outfit too. :lovestruc Your package arrived today. :cheer2: You're not the only one that expected a package to arrive yesterday, PrincessMickey's was supposed to also, but it didn't arrive today either. I hope the tracking on your DD's package is worng, and that it arrived today.

Thank you Tracy. :hug: The Big Give has been absolutely amazing! :lovestruc And now I'm crying again. :blush:

Our transfers from port to wdw still haven't been fixed (I emailed her last Thurs.), so I emailed her again, but she's out of the office today. I wish I could just call DCL myself.

Thank you Andrea :hug: Angel adores that outfit too. :lovestruc Your package arrived today. :cheer2: You're not the only one that expected a package to arrive yesterday, PrincessMickey's was supposed to also, but it didn't arrive today either. I hope the tracking on your DD's package is worng, and that it arrived today.

Thank you Tracy. :hug: The Big Give has been absolutely amazing! :lovestruc And now I'm crying again. :blush:

Our transfers from port to wdw still haven't been fixed (I emailed her last Thurs.), so I emailed her again, but she's out of the office today. I wish I could just call DCL myself.

Big Gives are awesome! They really brighten your day!

Is there anyone else that you can call at the office, or a regional office. Our wish granter had someone above her that if need be we needed we could call. I really dislike that you are going through this. It is supposed to be a magical time!! Good luck!

I have to comment on this outfit because I absolutely adore it ~ it looks sooooo good on Angel too!

I saw your list of packages posted and mine was supposed to be on that list! At least according to the P.O. Of course, when I mailed it it got stuck in the package drop off b/c it was too full. And this is not the first time this has happened to me. You would think if the bin the packages are supposed to fall into gets full that the workers might want to empty it and get to work shopping things :confused3

Of course, we are expecting a package that was due by the 6th and now tracking is saying the 8th. Good thing I'm one smart Momma and told my dd it might arrive on Monday (even though it originally said delivery for today or tomorrow). Now I'm worried it won't arrive by Monday!

Angel, I am thrilled how well the cruise outfit fits!! :cool1: I love it myself (I tried it on first and may make myself a similar one too!). I look forward to seeing pictures of you in it on the cruise! :wave2:

Andrea thanks for the compliment, I like that teen items can be as great as adorable little girl dresses!

Big Gives are awesome! They really brighten your day!

Is there anyone else that you can call at the office, or a regional office. Our wish granter had someone above her that if need be we needed we could call. I really dislike that you are going through this. It is supposed to be a magical time!! Good luck!

Yes they most definitely do. ::yes:: :lovestruc

The only contact we've had with the wish granters was when they met with Angel to find out her wish, called to say her wish was being granted (both were in Dec.), and called this week to set up the final meeting. All of our interaction has been with the wish coordinator.

Thank you Amy :hug:

Angel, I am thrilled how well the cruise outfit fits!! :cool1: I love it myself (I tried it on first and may make myself a similar one too!). I look forward to seeing pictures of you in it on the cruise! :wave2:

Andrea thanks for the compliment, I like that teen items can be as great as adorable little girl dresses!

Thank you Leslie :hug: Yes, they most certainly are. ::yes:: Everything has been just wonderful :lovestruc

Thank you Jackie :hug:

Wonderful Big Gives! Can't wait to see the rest of them! How's Angel doing on her extra homework assignments? Glad the teachers allowed her to do them before her trip so there's no worry about makeup work when she got back to school! Hope you find out everything that needed to be corrected for the trip will have been done when you meet the wish people to get your DCL documentation! Only 1 more week before Angel's wish trip! You must all be getting pretty excited! Is Tom's back feeling better? Have a great weekend!

Thank you Gail. :hug:

Angel has been able to get quite a bit of her schoolwork done in advance, but will still have some after the trip because some of the teachers don't know what they will be doing. I thought it was funny that one teacher wanted her to take work with her on the trip, and email her pictures of the progress being made - and it was for Drawing, which just has a quota of pictures that have to be completed during the quarter. :rotfl: Angel politely told her that she wouldn't be taking any work on the trip (which is actually what the school policy is, so the teachers that gave her work in advance have been very accomodating).

Yes, we are excited ::yes:: , especially Angel. :hyper:

Tom's back is doing much better. :) He usually has some pain, and he says that it's really close to being back to his "normal".

We met with the wish granters today. She had thought she would be done with breakfast by 1, but didn't call until almost 2:30. She said they could meet us in town in an hour (we're 30 min. away). I really need to start asking questions when something doesn't sound right, cause I had thought she had said they had a 2 hour drive when they met us in our town last time, so how could they get to that town in an hour. We went ahead & drove in so we'd be there when they arrived. 3:30 she called to tell me that they were still 30 min. away. We have our DCL documents & tags, so I don't have to worry about that. :) No, our transfers have not been fixed yet, and the granters weren't aware that there's an issue. MAW gave Angel a mesh drawstring backpack, and all 3 of us got t-shirts and small white buttons. We had mistakenly though that Angel was going to get one of the 3'" blue MAW buttons, which she was looking forward to having. I went to the MAW Marketplace website, but it won't arrive in time, and after I saw the shipping charges I wouldn't have ordered it anyway (button is 50 cents, shipping was $8). I emailed the coordinator to see if we could buy one from our chapter, but I don't expect her to even respond.

This isn't a complaint, but I just wanted to post it for any future Wish families that may be reading the PTR, because we wrongly based some of our expectations on PTR/TRs we read. Angel didn't receive anything at anytime from her wish granters (the items today were from the chapter), or a reveal, party, etc. We've seen FB posts, and news stories of kids in our chapter receiving reveals, so it was just the way her wish granters operated. Many families Wish form long term relationships with the wish granters, but our 2 encounters with them were very awkward, and the some of the things they talked about were very unexpected & inappropriate.

Back to fun stuff :) - some of the Big Give packages that arrived this week. :cheer2:

These are the packages that arrived Tues. :)

346w413.jpg

The first one is from Judy (blessedmom4) and her family :lovestruc

281r1wk.jpg
rwjsev.jpg
ne9fet.jpg
3u0yb.jpg

When we started taking the pictures that day, I saw that my camera battery was getting lower, but it quickly went to red, and then stopped totally. We did find Angel a nice camera on clearance (hers stopped working on Christmas day), and hadn't had a chance to read the manual well, but it seemed pretty straightforward, so I used hers while I charged my battery. Over all it is, but I did have some issues with it with some of the pictures being so dark that the software didn't even correct it. I think we've corrected it now, but I lost some of the Big Give pictures, and those included every picture of Angel with the pin. :(

mj4w9f.jpg

Thank you so much Judy, Pete, Christian, David, Rachel, and Lisa for the wonderful DCL lanyard & pin. :hug:

Thank you to Judy and her family for the wonderful pixie dust. pixiedust: I love the DCL lanyard and will enjoy wearing it during the cruise. :goodvibes The Mickey and Minnie pin is so cute. :lovestruc I'm happy to be able to add it to my collection. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter