Angels around the world - part 5 million and 1 - the scottish take over

Good morning! :wave2:

Busy day today! I need to pack for tomorrow, Talya has a Bat Mitzvah this morning, I'm getting my hair done and then we have the annual baton group holiday party tonight! My list looks puny next a Tara list, but for me, it's a lot!;)

Tara sorry the boy scouts directors ruined your evening, but you are right all that matters is that the kids had fun!:hug: Just keep you're mouth shut next time! :)

Good morning.

Happy packing Dyan. Have fun where ever you're going. I'm assuming is might be DW.

Had fun at dinner last night with friends that we don't get to see very often. It was nice to catch up on what's happening in our lives. Dinner was good. Busy, busy today and tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Good Morning! :wave:

Tara...I'm sorry you did all that work and they didn't appreciate it. :hug: Believe me, I know how that feels and how frustrating it is!

Dyan....I can honestly say...although I'm jealous you're going to DW....I'm glad I don't live in Miami today. I woke up to Christmas wonderland. This is pretty much the only week of the year that I enjoy snow. (Dec 26th...I'll be done with that and back to hating you) ;) lol :lmao: Have a fab time at Disney. Send me a pic!

Cindi, enjoy your hustle and bustle of Christmas that you love this weekend.

I got up this morning and ignored everything I had to do and read this sappy little Christmas book. Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber. It has put me in a good Christmasy mood. :teeth:

:wave: Good morning :lmao:

I was up at the crack of early, put two loaves of bread in the oven that were rising overnight (it's my great grandmother's recipe) and then we took fresh eggs and warm bread over to my grandparents' for a late breakfast. My grandparents were both feeling good, and were in very good spirits. It was pretty funny to watch my 90 year old grandfather pretend to be asleep, or go into the bathroom...but faking it....all so he could hear what my grandmother wanted me to buy for him for Christmas. It was one of those memories that that when it happened, I realized immediately I'll remember that moment forever.
I haven't seen birthday boy since he left for school yesterday morning :faint: he worked late last night, had a breakfast date this morning, and was already at work this afternoon by the time I got back from the grandparents. I hope to see him tomorrow...but not sure :confused:
It looks like this big winter storm might actually miss northern New England. I can't say I'm upset about that :) though I do agree with Donna and like a fresh blanket of snow on Christmas.
I made a wonderful soup to have with our homemade bread for dinner....it smells and tastes wonderful, and was super easy:

1 cup of chopped carrots
1 cup of chopped onions
1 cup of chopped celery

add to 5 cups of chicken broth, cook for 20 minutes

Add 5 cups of diced potatoes, cook for 20 more minutes

Add 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and 3/4 of a pound of velveeta cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Add 2 tsp. montreal seasonings.

I added about 2 cups of diced cooked chicken, but my cousin who gave me the recipe recommends adding ham or bacon. I think either would be fine. It's a nice thick soup that really warms you up on a day like today :cold

good morning all

woken up to a winter wonderland here!!

needto get some grocery shopping done, and pop in to see mum and dad who got back from malta late last night

cami
x

Good morning.

Cami~Loved the pics of Abi in the snow on facebook.

Not much snow here at all. Have about half of my wrapping done and need to bake cookies and coffee cakes today, plus hopefully get to more wrapping.

Steph~That soup sounds yummy. Cute story about your grandfather. You're so lucky to still have them around.

Good morning! We had a lovely time last night at the twirling holiday party! And in about an hour we are off! Tonight is MGM( I know that's not the right name anymore, but I don't care), tomorrow is MK and after that I haven't got a clue!

Good morning. Definately winter here but the wonderland part doesn't last too long when you have to shovel about 1 1/2 feet of the white stuff! It will probably snow until noon but the nasty winds seem to have let up.

Trying hard to still like Dyan right now.....

Good Morning:wave:

Dyan~I hope you had a great time last night! I'm jealous! I wanna go to WDW!

Today is our Christmas party with my side of the family....my parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, great-nieces & great-nephews. It should be a fun day!

Then SURVIVOR finale tonight!

R just totalled another car. She is home and safe, thank god.
VOJ is lacking!

Dyan~Have a great time.

Angel~Sorry about R and her car. Glad she is ok. Don't give up on that VOJ. Only 3 more days.

Gail~Hope you got all your shoveling done.

:wave: Good morning.
Angel, :hug: I know how you feel...we've been there with Patrick. It's scary, and maddening, but they're okay, so that's all that matters. ::yes::

Two days of work this week, then I'm off til 1/4 :) I THINK I'm ready....what I haven't yet gotten, I know where to get and will take care of in the next day or so.

good morning all

lazy start to the day, now abi and stuart are out playing in the snow, i've swept and hoovered the house, made a pot of soup for lunch, put 2 loads of washing away, another load on and ran the dishwasher. Driving lesson 1-3pm as well.

Angel :hug:

cami
x

Good Morning! :wave:

Angel.....thank God she's ok. Sorry about the car! :hug:

Two 12 hour shifts between me and a long stretch off!

Have a good day!

Getting ready for my Aunts funeral, than try to get the downstairs tree decorated.
Happy monday!

:wave:

Angel~:hug: I'm sorry about your aunt and about Rebecca's accident. I am glad she's ok.

Hope work goes by quickly for you, Donna!

Good luck with the driving lesson today Cami.

I missed Dyan, but hope she's having a wonderful trip!!

I don't remember the last time I posted...Friday night? Sorry :blush:

Saturday we had rehearsal and then our plans for the day had fallen through so I used that afternoon to complete my Christmas shopping. I got home in time to bring chinese for supper for all of us and then headed back out after the kids went to bed to do the grocery shopping. Two hours and a lot of money later, I was home after a very long day.

Yesterday was baking day. I'm hosting a cookie swap tonight and I made 4 pans of peanut butter fudge, which I cut up into 13 dozen pieces :faint: They got boxed and tagged and then I made peppermint bark also to give out to teachers and to have for Christmas Eve. After the kids went to bed last night, Craig and I settled down with all of the presents and wrapped for 4 hours while catching up on Survivor from the past 3 weeks. All the wrapping is done, other than Craig's, which I'll do when Xavier goes down for his nap later :thumbsup2

:grouphug: to Angel for the service today and also that R is safe.

Tara - can you please send some cookies....or your mom to bake me some cookies???? :rolleyes1 I did get cards out this year but haven't managed any baking. :sad1:

I'm uploading some snow pictures on FB now - we got about 18 inches but some drifts were a lot higher. It took us about 2 hours to shovel out and when done the snow pile at the end of our front path reached to the top of our lantern.

I made sure to send Dyan some snow pictures. They've been having cool...well, cold to them weather in Orlando - but I'm still not liking them very much! :rotfl:

Tomorrow Lew & I are going to see Wicked and I can't wait! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter