Angels around the world - part 5 million and 1 - the scottish take over

:wave:

I didn't see the necklace. I'll have to go back to find it!

Hope the day goes by quickly for you Donna :)

Steph~Happy shopping!

I spent the morning in 3rd grade and then collected the last of the Adopt a Family donations. Rachel and I will sort it all by kid later tonight and then we're off to shop for what we still need since it needs to be delivered by tomorrow and I'm busy all day, so it's got to be brought over first thing in the morning.

Xavier and I are eating lunch now and then I've got to go out and get the makings for some sort of dessert for the Cub Scout Christmas party tomorrow night.

You know what sucks about having an 18 year old? besides the fact that you cant tell everyone you're 25???

That all the damn presents are so expensive :mad:
Champagne taste on a beer budget.

Patrick is skiing the next two days, and his helmet doesn't fit (which we discovered at 8:30 this morning) so I took him to the ski shop and told him I'd buy the helmet he wants, but I'm going to wrap the box for his birthday ::yes::

7 hours. 15 mins.

I'm not going to make it. :crazy: :rotfl2:

Steph...I know.....my kids have little piles of expensive presents. It looks meager but costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :eek:

this is one of the many many reasons i'm happy abi is a little person.....the one thing she's asked for is a little einsteins rocket and people........and santa is brining it so she'll be thrilled, if you ask her what else she wants she says nothing, just that :lovestruc

about to open some wine and have a glass while i get ready for my works night out, should be a good laugh :banana:

cami
x

I so miss Big Plastic Christmas!

we have little expensive christmas now.
:)

have fun tonight Cami!

Evenin'!!! :wave:

Steph, we still have BIG PLASTIC CHRISTMAS...it's just the toys are a little less DIS friendly. ;):rotfl:

Dyan so sorry for the loss of your friend. :hug:

Not much going on here...work, work holiday party tomorrow, meetings, and work again next week.

An update on my whine from a couple of weeks ago...I have another herniated disc. I now have to make a choice between a cortisone injection and surgery. These options were what the ortho gave me on Tuesday. Next Wednesday I see a neurosurgeon for a second opinion. I'm most likely going to try the cortisone (again...it didn't work last time) before I consider surgery (again...the last one was almost exactly five years ago). In the mean time I just hope it doesn't go from bad to really really bad and I no longer have a choice :guilty: There's just so much going on next month that it's going to be really hard to either deal with the pain or schedule the surgery and still be able to do what I need to do...grrrrr...I'm relieved to know it's something that can be resolved.

The gift of happiness belongs to those who unwrap it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by hiwaygal; Today at 08:38 PM. Reason: and I'm KIDDING about the plastic toys!!!! lol

no you're not....:duck: :lmao: :lmao:

Steph...I know.....my kids have little piles of expensive presents. It looks meager but costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :eek:

Ashlynn asked me the other day why they got fewer gifts as they got older. She did not like my explanation about how gifts got more expensive as they got older!

An aside on this story...we had lunch today with great friends. Julie is a couple of years younger than me (OK, she graduated from HS after I graduated from college, but I love her dearly!) She has 3 kids. Her oldest (a 16 yo son) loves to give me grief (Jeff is convinced I am a **** to him; that just skeeves me out!), but I will flip it right back at him. Middle child (oldest girl, 13) is one of Ashlynn's best friends. Youngest (8 yo girl) is a tomboy extroidinaire, and she gets along with Maiya great. They head out of town tomorrow for family Christmas, so we met for lunch today for the kids to exchange gifts. Anyway, Julie asks my girls what they want for Christmas and after hearing their wish lists asks if we can trade kids! Her youngest (Maiya's friend) asked for a quad and some special BMX bike (oldest and youngest race BMX; middle kid dances and cheers). Maiya asked for Battleship and Guess Who! And as I typed this out, I'm thinking this was one of thise"you had to be there conversations! Sorry if it lostsomething in translation.

Last edited by hiwaygal; Today at 08:38 PM. Reason: and I'm KIDDING about the plastic toys!!!! lol

no you're not....:duck: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

everyone speak very quietly today please :lmao::lmao:

you know you had a good night when you can't remember getting home and have a cut you can't remember getting :rotfl2:

cami
x

oh goodness cami...

I'm still feeling queasy from last Saturday's escapade....so much so that I've cancelled our plans to host NYE.

Happy 18th Birthday, Patrick

Good Morning!

HI CAM CAM!!!!!!! ;)

Happy 18th Birthday Patrick!

Roadie.....:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:wave: Jess!

Hopefully this is my last day of running around and I can start to wrap! :faint:

Good morning!:wave:

Denise :hug::lmao::wizard:

Patrick-happy-birthday-juliet-jan-0.jpg

Hey Jessica! I am glad you had a nice lunch.:thumbsup2

Donna good luck with all your errands!:wizard:

Tara glad you seem all done!:thumbsup2

Here Cami, just for you!
hangover-cures.jpg

Good Morning Everyone

Happy 18th Birthday Patrick

I so miss Big Plastic Christmas!

we have little expensive christmas now.
:)
We do too.......Big Plastic Christmas was more fun!

:rotfl:@ Denise

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

everyone speak very quietly today please :lmao::lmao:

you know you had a good night when you can't remember getting home and have a cut you can't remember getting :rotfl2:

cami
x
it sounds like you must have had a good time, even if you can't remember it!

:wave:

Happy 18th Birthday Patrick!!!!

Glad you had fun last night, Cami :)

Denise~:rotfl::rotfl:

I hope you can get wrapping, Donna!

We have a little of both kinds of Christmases here. Xavier is Big Plastic and Domenic has a few things that are like that, but he asked for a Nintendo DS this year, so that and the games to go with it (along with a couple of Wii games ) make it tougher to buy for him.

The adopt a family donations have been dropped off and Xavier had his 18 month check up this morning. I'm waiting for him to wake up and then it's off to volunteer at computer class and then over to the church hall to decorate for tonight's Cub Scout Christmas party. I'm hoping to get some more wrapping done tonight and the rest of my shopping done tomorrow. There are only a few things left I need to get and I want to be done shopping AND wrapping by Sunday night ::yes::

Happy Birthday to Patrick

Donna~Hope you get your wrapping done.

Denise~I hope you can get the disc problem taken care of.

Jessica~Glad you had a nice lunch with your friend.

Cami~Hope you're feeling better today and from the looks of it on facebook sounds like Stewart caught what you had yesterday at his party today.:laughing:

Out to dinner with friends tonight and then having my hair cut in the morning, off to my nieces dance show(theya re doing the polar express) and then I hope to get some of the wrapping done because on Sunday I need to finish wrapping and make all the cookies for the cookie swap at Tara's on Monday.

The next time I say I'm helping the Cub Scouts with something, (the pack, that is...Domenic's den is fine) somebody please come and duct tape my mouth shut before I can agree to it. I spent 2 hours with my friend (another Cub Scout mom) getting the church hall ready for tonight's party only to have it all rearranged when the "directors" got there, because it wasn't what they needed (though it was never SAID that there was anything specific needed). I was livid and ready to wring someone's neck. It completely ruined the entire night for me.

Domenic enjoyed the visit from Santa and the elf though, and he said he had a fun time, so I guess that's what matters most.

Denise~ More :wizard: for the back issues. I hope that you don't have to have surgery.

That's all I've got. It's been a hell of a long day.

Goodnight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter