Angelrose's Journey

MERRY CHRISTMAS snappyd, Minnie&Nana and LizabethSwan and everyone!

I have been rather busy with baby sitting and baking pumpkin oat bread for friends and family. I will get the pictures up next week, I promise.

In September when we had our family dinner we took pictures. EEEEEEEEEEEK I looked like a whale! So I decided to do something about it. I started Weight Watchers in October. At last weigh in I have lost 25.4 pounds. I'm hoping to lose another 20 at least by May when we will have our next dinner.

Now I have to tell you a funny story.

My cousin Joan and I grew up next door to each other. She was born when I was ten, so she is like a little sister to me. She is a teacher, so we don't get to see each other much until the summer. The last time she saw me was in September.

I went over her house last week to give her a batch of the pumpkin oat bread. When I walked in she told me I looked different. I said I had just gotten my hair done. I took off my coat and she said, " NO! You lost weight, you B*****." We both laughed. I told her how much I had lost and she wanted to know how I did it and I told her. Well, we got to talking and I inspired her to come to the first meeting after Christmas. We talked and laughed like we usually do for another hour and then I had to get home. As I walked out the door, she told me she was so proud of me and gave me a big hug. That made me feel so good.

Everybody loves this pumpkin oat bread and it is a Weight Watchers recipe. She called me the next day to say she already ate 3 squares of it and her boys and hubby loved it too.

I'm going over to the kids house tomorrow around 11 and will spend the whole day there. I can't wait to see my little angels again. The big angels too.

Angelrose, congratulations on the weight loss, that is wonderful. I am gonna to start back on my diet after the holidays. I lost 65 pounds 4 years ago and had maintained it until this past summer. I have gained 15 pounds back, and need to get back on track. I just received the Walk it off video tonight for Christmas, I hope it helps.:)

Christmas morning greetings!

Mary, have a magical day with Jesse, Zoey, Karen & Chuck! :hug:

Love the story!@! BIG congratulations on the weight loss - way to go!!! :grouphug:

(p.s. Sophia told me she did not want to visit Santa, but wants to give Mickey a hug!! Of course, she'd never get close to him right now, but I will not visit WDW again until she is old enough and we visit as a family.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!

Hope Santa was good to all! That's GREAT Angelrose about the weight loss! I need to get to doing that as well. Wishing everyone many blessings.

:grouphug:

Hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday. I spent the day with my family. I had so much fun. Jesse loved all his presents and so did Karen. I got her a glass heart charm for her troll bead bracelet. I saw it in the store and it just reminded me of her. It is clear glass with bright red and real gold in it. A beautiful heart for my little girl with a beautiful heart.

The kids gave me a Sony Cyber Shot camera in PINK of course with a PINK carry case. In case you were wondering, I love pink.

Jesse had to take a nap to settle down, he was so excited he couldn't stand still.

After his nap, Karen's friends came over with their kids. We had a wonderful dinner of hibachi. Chicken and steak with rice and veggies. I did pretty well with keeping to my diet until dessert time. sighhhhhhhhhhh Karen's friend had made Paula Deans OOIE GOOIE Toffe chocolate cake. OMG it was sinful. It must have had 40 pounds of butter and sugar in it. :lmao: I had one piece that must have used up all my points for a month. But I was almost good today and the rest of the week I will be very good to make up for it.

We went to the mall this morning. It was snowing very lightly but we knew more was coming. I got some nice ornaments 50% off at Hallmark and Macy's. We had lunch at the food court. I was pretty good there too.

I mentioned to Karen that I would like to get a longer coat, so she told me to try Macy's. I found a beautiful faux suede coat with faux Persian lamb lining and on the collar and cuffs. It fit beautifully. It was $240 marked down 50% off and Karen gave me a coupon for an extra $25 off. So I got that coat for $95! I was so excited. Now I can't wait to wear it.

But since we have at least 2 feet of snow out there, I will be wearing my old coat to brush off as much as I can tomorrow.

Thank you Fantasmis. Same to you. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

I am finally getting around to posting the family Christmas pictures. I hope you all like them.

Bown Family Christmas

ry%3D400

Chuck Family Christmas

ry%3D400

Grandmom and Kids

ry%3D400

Grandmom and Jesse

ry%3D400

Jesse and Train

ry%3D400

Jesse and Zoey on Sled

ry%3D400

Jesse Kissing Zoey

ry%3D400

Chuck and Zoey

ry%3D400

Zoey Centerfold

ry%3D400

Jesse Surprise

ry%3D400

Zoey Santa

ry%3D400

Christmas Dress

ry%3D400

Santa and Zoey

ry%3D400

Oh, I LOVE these photos, Mary!!! Loved them on FB too. :)

If I am not back here tomorrow - a Very Happy and Blessed 2011 to all! :grouphug: Give those babies hugs and kisses for me!:love:

Calling AngelRose!!!!!!!!!! How are you????? Hope everything is going well and you are just busy with the kids and grandkids! :flower3:

My goodness, it has been 22 days since we all posted here! Angelrose, hope all is well and your winter is not too snowy or cold.

Love to you all! xo

My dear friends, I had no idea it had been so long since I last posted. I do apologize!

I have been putting away my many Christmas decorations. All I have left to do now is the wreaths and the tree. That will take another week at least.

I've had a couple of sad days. Just remembering how much Ron loved how the house looked at Christmas. I still can't go in the big living room to read because I still expect to see him come down the stairs, tiptoe down the hall and try to tickle my feet. I would pretend not to see him until the very last moment and then say "GOTCHA". Or just him tickle my feet and have him say "GOTCHA". Even after all this time, I still expect to see him. Or maybe I just want to see him so bad.

But, I know the winter is a hard time. I'm sure I will feel better when I see the sun a bit more.

The grandkids are wonderful. I babysat for them last Friday. I had such fun. Jesse is very helpful when it comes to putting Zoey to bed. He YELLS at her to stop crying and be quiet (so that he and I can down down in the basement to play with his toys.) :lmao: He was so happy to see me.

Karen had told him that Grandmom was coming over to play with him, but that he had to be very good at daycare or else Grandmom would not come. Well, he had a stellar day. He yelled HI GRANDMOM when I got in the car. He told me that we were going to play all night.

I told him he had to eat his dinner first and he ate every drop. Then after I finally got Zoey down we did play. Then we came back upstairs and he wanted to watch the Cars movie. I told him I didn't know how to work it. He didn't seem to understand that. I finally told him that I would read to him instead. He liked that idea. So I read him two books and then he read one to me. He read the back cover to me. LOL Then it was his bedtime. I think I hated it more than he did. We went upstairs and he put on his jammies and I made him go potty before I tucked him in. Well, I waited and waited. Finally I peeked in and there he was sitting on the pot, "reading" a magazine. I thought I would die. I told him to hurry up and then he was ready for bed.

I tucked him in and kissed him and hugged him and he said he wanted another kiss and hug. So I tucked him in again and gave him his second hug and kiss and "I love you's". I turned off his light and went downstairs. Chuck had told me he always gets out of bed at least once and that if he tried that to just lock him in until he falls asleep. Well, there was no problem at all. I guess I tired him out. He went right to sleep and never woke up until morning.

Chuck drove me home around 10:30. The kids enjoyed their dinner out and a movie and I enjoyed playing with Jesse and holding Zoey. Now I can't wait for the next time.

I am doing well on Weight Watchers. I have lost 32 pounds since October. My cousin joined two weeks ago and has lost 8 pounds! I do enjoy the meetings so much. We all laugh and have a lot of fun.

At the last meeting I told everyone about how I make cauliflour. I steam until really soft, puree it in the food processor with salt and pepper and garlic and to make it really smooth and creamy, I had a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. I comes out so good and tastes like something that is fattening but isn't. Well, another member came up to me last night and thanked me for the recipe. Her daughter will NOT eat any veggies. But she tried this way and the daughter loved it. So the mother was very happy about that. That made me feel good that I helped someone.

This week, I brought in some cinnamon almonds that I made. I got the recipe right here on the DIS. I just changed the 1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar to the 1/4 cup of Spenda/brown sugar mix. All it is is one egg white beaten, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon. You can have 23 almonds for 4 points on WW. The other ingredients really don't count because it's for two cups of almonds. Everyone loved them and asked for the recipe. I am now printing out 30 copies of that recipe! LOL I was surprised that so many people came back for seconds and thirds.

So I try and keep busy and get out for my walks as much as I can. That does help. I just miss holding hands with my sweetheart on those walks.

AngelRose - congratulations on losing all that weight! That is quite an accomplishment!

I feel so bad for you missing Ron so much. We've been married 29 years now and I simply can't imagine losing my DH. Thank goodness you have your family to give you comfort and those little ones to keep you busy.

I agree that we will all feel better when this winter is over - they are predicting more snow this week - I think I've had my fill for the next 10 winters!

LOL on the little guy reading the magazine on the potty :lmao: That must have been quite a sight.

Stay warm and keep us posted!! :hug:

Thanks snappyd. I want to be healthy and I want to feel better about myself. Being a whale is no fun. I want to be able to fit into all the seats on the rides at Disney World the next time we go. That won't be for another couple of years, so I have time.

Ron and I were married for 43 wonderful years. He spoiled me rotten. Even after I gained all this weight, he always told me I looked pretty. He called me his Angel. I was so lucky to have had him for so many years.

I got to be with my family this weekend. Saturday I stopped by to pick up my Netflix and they asked me to go out to lunch with them. When we got back, Jesse asked me to play with him and the kids said his nap could wait. So I spent a wonderful hour with him and then I could tell he was getting tired. It was his nap time and the kids said they could use a nap too. LOL

I went home and a couple of hours later Karen called and asked if I would babysit on Sunday while they did their BJ's and grocery shopping. YIPPEE!

Little Zoey is teething and was so fussy. I just hate it when kids aren't feeling well. But after feeding her I got her to settle down and take a nap. I went down and played with Jesse. Then we came up and our lunch. He was so good and ate every bit of it. Zoey woke up crying again and the kids came home and fixed her a bottle with some Motrin in it to help with the teething pain.

They left again to do their grocery shopping and I could tell that Jesse was tired. He was getting jealous of me holding Zoey. He kept trying to sit on my lap where she was. I told him to sit right next to me, but he wasn't interested. After I bit I told him it was his nap time but he didn't want to go. I could see Zoey closing her eyes. Finally she went to sleep. I looked around and Jesse wasn't in the living room. I went upstairs and his bedroom door was closed and he was in bed taking his nap. I think I tired him out.

The kids came home shortly after that. They were amazed that Jesse went to take a nap all by himself. And they were glad because they both needed a nap themselves. I went home and rested in front of the tv for the rest of the evening.

Karen later told me she had to wake Jesse at 4:30 and he went to bed at 7 without any complaint. She thanked me for tiring him out. :rotfl:

I had such a wonderful weekend. That's what keeps me going.

I am finally (now don't laugh) getting my tree down. OK I hear you laughing.

I think by the end of the week I will have all the decorations that I can reach off. Chuck will have to get the very top decorations off and put away the tree.

Then I can get out the Valentine decorations.

Oh Angelrose...I love reading about your times with your grandbabies and Chuck and Karen too! The love you have for them and they for you is very inspiriing. What families should be like..and all too often not the case I am afraid. You all share wonderful times...and though I know you come home and there is no Ron, these times do help fill your heart and lift your spirits. Ron is never far away..he's inside you through and through though I know it isn't the same...you shared a lot of years but so many of us have been on this journey with you from day 1 that we can see how far you have come, it's amazing.

You sound like a great decorator! Wish I had some of that get up and go! I was in the grocery store and saw the Spring tulips there and thought that was a nice sign of Spring. Sure doesn't look and feel like it around these parts tho! I like the colors of Easter and Spring flowers...and the smells of them. Sigh...

CONGRATLATIONS on your wonderful weight loss! That is tremendous! Good for you...you are doing a great thing for yourself! :thumbsup2

Take care of you!

Karen

I can't believe I woke up to snow again today!! UGH! :sad2:

AngelRose, there is nothing wrong with still having the tree up in January. When we first bought our house we didn't know what to do with the front room. I can't even tell you how long my snow villages and tree stayed up - let's just say we referred to it as the "Christmas room" for about 2 years :scared1::scared1: (Obviously not a real tree, lOL!)

Thank you minnie56 and snappyd for the kind words. My dear friends I don't know how I would have survived this time without your love and support. It's been a hard journey without Ron. So many things I want to ask him or tell him. Although I know I've come a long way, it's still so hard and the ache is never far away.

Now today everything was going fine. I got a lot of ornaments off the tree and it was nice out, so I took my walk this afternoon. I talked with my friend and had a good time. Then as I was driving home, the warning light came on my dash that said Engine Coolant Hot and then Traction disabled. So I called Chuck and he said to look in the book. I did and it said to get the car serviced immediately. OH YIPPEE! Chuck said that is never a happy sign with those warning signs come on.

I would call in the morning to get an appointment but we are expecting nasty weather tomorrow and then 3 to 5 inches of snow tomorrow night. Not looking forward to that again. So I have to wait until I see how bad the weather gets before I can safely drive on the roads again.

Looks like I will miss my WW meeting on Thursday. I really hate to miss a meeting. I still have to pay for them and I really like the meetings. Oh well, what will be, will be. But I can GRUMBLE! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter