Angelrose's Journey

Oh dear Angelrose..we forget how important our legs, feet, ankles are to us until they let us down don't we? I had Arthroscopic knee surgery 3 weeks ago to repair my meniscis and clean up some arthritis so I totally empathize with you! I am sure your son will help as best he can to get you to the Dr to get you up and running again! I was using a cane since I tore my meniscis while at WDW in August. It threw my whole gait off and now I am in Physio and trying to get my walk back in sync. Don't want the same to happen to you:sad2:

How are those sweet babies?

Think of you often:hug:

Hi Karen. Would you believe, that Zoey is 2 months old and Jesse will be 3 on Saturday. I spent the day with them on Sunday and had a ball. I'll be going to his birthday party on Saturday and then next Thursday I babysit the both of them for a couple of hours while Chuck and Karen go to back to school night.

It does my heart good to see them so often.

Bless their hearts..time is flying by. Jesse is such a sweet boy and I am sure little Zoey brings such joy. They are indeed a blessing..:love:
It`s as wonderful for them to see you as much as for you seeing them!

Take care of that ankle..are you icing it..

Yes I am icing it and putting on Icy Hot also. But the anti inflammatory is doing a great job. I took a walk today with almost no pain! If only I could just keep taking that with no bleeding problems I would be happy.

Tomorrow is Jesse's birthday party. I can't wait to see him open all his presents. I have some new pictures of him that I will try and post next week.

I had such a good time at Jesse's birthday party. He wanted chocolate cake and that's what he got. Karen's grandmom was also celebrating her 82 birthday and she got her vanilla cake. I had the vanilla and it was delicious. Jesse got his piece of chocolate birthday cake and he ate every bite of it. I helped him a bit so he didn't make such a big mess of it.

I walked in with a bag full of presents for him and he saw me and yelled "GRANDMOM!" ....Do you have any cars in your purse for me?? LOL I did bring him 3 cars for his 3rd birthday and he put them with the rest of his collection.

Here are a few of his pictures.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Isn't he getting to be a big boy?

He got a lot of presents and he loved opening them. Clothes were just sent flying to the floor. :lmao: He was only interested in toys! After opening his presents he went down the basement with his cousin to play with some games and the adults could chat. He was such a good boy. He did get over tired around 7 which is his bedtime. He didn't want to go, but he was asleep before his head hit the pillow.

I came home around 7:30.

Zoey had just had her shots so she was a bit fussy, but she did go to sleep the same time.

Now I have Thursday evening to look forward to. I'll be babysitting both of them from 6 to 8 while the kids go to Back To School Night. I'll have a ball, I know.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSE! He's precious..and yes, getting to be such a big boy.
Sounds like a perfectly lovely day..

Enjoy all the wonderful moments with them both!:love:

:bday: Jesse and thx for sharing new pix of your sweet DGS :lovestruc. Hard to believe how fast he's growing up!! :goodvibes

Sorry to read about your painful ankle problems. Hope everything works out so you can have the surgery and get some relief soon. :hug:

Have fun babysitting :lovestruc, our sweet grands sure have a way of brightening up each day for us, don't they? :cloud9:

Take care and wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving full of many blessings Angelrose. :grouphug:

Sound like Mr. Jesse had a wonderful birthday party. Hope your ankle feels better son. I had knee surgery at 15 and they wanted me to do it again several years ago but I declined and just 'grin and bear it'. Hope you have fun babysitting ?d that you take lots of pictures of Ms. Zoey to show us!

Thank you all for the kind comments. I am so blessed. I know Ron is watching over all of us. I just wish he was here to be able to hold Zoey and get his hugs from Jesse.

My ankle is doing well now. I have been taking an anti inflammatory and it works so well. Hardly any pain at all.

I had my re mammogram done today. 6 months ago they found a a lot of fibrous material that they can't see through. It's still there and they want me to get a biopsy so they know for sure that is benign. I'm not worried because I know it's been there forever. The trouble is that I hadn't gone for a mammo in over 5 years. When Karen found out about it, she made sure I had one right away. ( she yelled at me!) LOL So they don't have anything to compare it to. It's just a big hassle. But I will get it done.

You've had a lot going on Angelrose!

I'm glad Karen yelled at you for neglecting to get your mammo!

Your grands are so sweet. Jesse - 3 years! Zoey - 2 months!!

Hope your ankle is behaving.

Happy Belated Birthday Jesse!! Love the new pictures.

Hope you continue to be pain free and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! :banana:

Thank you all. It is wonderful not having any pain when I walk. I could so get used to this.

I got to spend a few minutes with Jesse and Zoey tonight. Chuck was supposed to have a meeting online but it was rescheduled. So I did get to hold baby Zoey. LOL Jesse informed me that he was her big brother. I was calling her little monkey because she was squirming around. Jesse laughed and told me she wasn't a monkey, she was baby Zoey! I gave him his two cars because he was a good boy at daycare today.

He was very disappointed that I was leaving so fast. That made me feel so good. I told him I would see him tomorrow and we could play then.

I'm going to sleep with a smile on my face tonight.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

i'm leaving for the weekend, so have a great one!!!!:thumbsup2

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my dear friends here on the DIS.

snappyd, have a great time this weekend and travel safe.

I had a wonderful time babysitting Jesse and Zoey. The put Zoey to bed because she was so tired. I got to spend some time with Jesse. First he took out his wooden puzzle. Then he asked me to sit on the floor with him while he worked his puzzle. I wasn't allowed to put any pieces in. He was so funny. After about the 4th time, I started putting pieces where I knew they didn't belong. Jesse said "No grandma, you are so silly". We laughed and he put the piece where it belonged. Then he asked if he could sit in my lap. Oh, of course! He did the puzzle a few more times and then he got out his guitar and made all kinds of noises with it. I wasn't allowed to play that either. But I held him and told him he was making beautiful music.

Then he wanted to sit back on the couch with his blanket and bear and the puzzle. He did it a few more times with my arms around him.

Then it was his bed time. He told me he didn't want to. I told him, I knew he didn't want to, but he had to. We went upstairs and I told him to go potty. He just stood there. I told him again and again he just stood there. So I said JESSE GO TO POTTY! Well, he started to cry because Grandma never yells. But he did go potty. Then he got into bed and I tucked him in. As I was tucking him, he whispered, "I love you, I love you, I love you". AWWWWWWWWWWW MELTMELTMELT :cloud9: I told him I loved him too, and closed his door.

I watched tv until the kids came home. I told them that Jesse didn't cry after going to bed and he went right to sleep. Then I heard this little voice, saying, "Hi Mommy and Daddy". :laughing: I talked to the kids a while and then I got my coat on and I heard this little voice saying "Goodby Grandma". I said goodby to him and told him I would see him soon.

Saturday we went to get the Christmas family pictures done at the Picture people at the mall. Karen had made an appointment for 10:50 with a certain girl that Jesse liked and she was very good with him. Well, I don't know what the problem was, but she didn't to us until 11:20. By that time Jesse was acting up. He hates to wait around doing nothing. As any 3 year old would do. The place was packed with people. We spent another hour or so getting pictures taken. Then we went to lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. I love that place. I had grilled chicken with cream cheese mashed potatoes and creamed cauliflour. I only ate half of everything my the cauliflour. I scarfed that all down. I brought the rest home for dinner.

We went back to get the pictures and they said 10 minutes. Then another 10 minutes. The printer jammed. Then another 10 minutes because they messed up our order. Finally Karen told me to go home since we drove separately. I was exhausted and I know everyone else was. They told me that altogether they spent 5 hours getting pictures taken and waiting for the pictures. Not a fun time.

That night Chuck and I and their friend Liz went to see Harry Potter. That movie was really good. I enjoyed it so much. I know they left out a lot and changed a few things, but mostly it was accurate. I can't wait until July when part 2 comes out.

That was my busy day on Saturday.

Oh I forgot to tell you on Thursday, I went down the basement to check on things and found another leak. WONDERFUL. I called my plumber and they were able to come within an hour and fix it. There goes another $222. Then I had a small mess to clean up. I had put the fan on and that dried up most of it. Sunday, I only had to vacuum up a bit of water for a half hour and it was done. I felt very pleased until I went into the workshop.

There was mold on all the wood. I thought it was mostly the white mold. When I went down on Monday to clean it up, I found black mold on the underside. I had a sweatshirt over my nose and mouth and big heavy rubber gloves. I sprayed everything with Chlorox and wiped it off with paper towels. I put everything in a trash bag and put it by the back door for next trash day. I thought I had gotten everything, but when I went back to check, I saw more things covered in mold. I finally got everything cleaned up.

So now everything is going well. I can't wait for tomorrow so I can see the kids and grandkids again.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Oh no, mold! I'm sorry you had to deal with that mess!

How was your Thanksgiving? I bet you had a wonderful time with the grandkids! My DH and I decided not to travel this year and stayed home alone. We had a great dinner and didn't have to do all that driving.

I can't believe how cold it got overnight! I'm so not ready for snow! It seems like just yesterday we were sitting on the beach! I already miss the hummingbirds so much, I can't wait for spring.

I hope we get to see some of those pictures!! :)

Angelrose, it has been way to long since I've stopped by....was catching up and my goodness, you've had a lot going on!

Jesse is as precious as ever! He gets cuter and cuter. such a little boy now. Hardly seems possible this time last yr he was going to WDW - just 2 yrs old and he did so well!. Sophia could never go now - she is much too shy and would be frightened of every character. We are thinking when she is 5 - three more years!

How is your knee feeling now? I saw mention of surgery - is this a possibility or did I miss something way back and you already had it done? Hope you are doing well.

Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was quiet - I was here alone with the pups while Mia, Michael & Sophia went to spend the overnight with his sister and her family at a cabin they rent every Thanksgiving week in Western NC. Mia said the cabin is gorgeous - and the owner has it all decorated for Christmas by Thanksgiving week.

I was happy to be here and rest - was having some pain from the surgery - had done a bit too much too soon (seems everything I want to do is too soon ;)) .

Mold! :eek: Do you think it was wise to clean it yourself? Seems a big job...but know you are independent and take care of things yourself whenever possible. I would feel the same...but all that mold might have had me calling for a little backup. ::yes:: Thank goodness we know Ron is watching over you each moment of everyday. :grouphug:

Some news! I had a last minute surprise trip to WDW for 4 ngts! A DIS friend, who became a dear friend over the years, wanted to take me to WDW for ngts, her treat. How incredible is that? It was to be a celebration of the successful surgery and my birthday (11/22 - we left Disney on my birthday, but spent the day at DTD.:))

We stayed at the VWL - she had always wanted to stay there, but I was not a fan. Well, I loved the Villas. We had a wonderful studio location - corner room with a balcony and side window. From the balcony, through the pine trees, we could see the lake. At night we could see the Electrical Water Pageant and hear the music..and from the balcony and side window we could see the top of Wishes. It was so pretty... very peaceful over in the Villas. Even the walk over was pretty and peaceful - and all the Christmas decoration were up on our first morning.

I wanted to do something for her so I was able to add the QSDP (we had an ap rate so this was easy to do even last minute). We had tkts to MVMCP the ngt we arrived, so I surprised her with the Dessert Party that ngt - so much fun...but we were exhausted!

Was also able to surprise her with a car service from MCO to the Villas and to Amtrak on our last day. Our SW flights got in within 15 mins of each other, and we decided to take Amtrak back - we were on the train overnight together, but she had 8 more hours after I got off in NC.

It was a wonderful trip - maybe too soon after my surgery. WDW 7 weeks after major surgery was not the smartest thing to do. I tired easily and was in pain - we actually had to rent a wheelchair. I felt so bad for my friend. I walked about half the day and rode the other half. In hindsight, should have gone in late January - but I am glad she was able to see WDW all decorated. It would be next to impossible for her to get there during that time with her family as she has a daughter in middle school and those kids get no time off. Have never known a school district with so little time off.

I'm sorry to go on, but wanted to share my blessings.:goodvibes I have a few photos on my FB page. :thumbsup2

How's the Christmas shopping going for everyone? I do not begin until after Thanksgiving...have a few things, but do not have much to buy anyway, so it is fun.

Happy Thursday, my friends! Stay warm! :grouphug:

Hello my friends. I did get all the mold cleaned up. I checked on it a few days later and it hasn't returned. So I breathed a big sigh of relief on that one.

Christine I'm so happy you got to go to Disney. But you do need to take care of yourself and rest.

It's my ankle that's the problem. No I haven't had any surgery. I haven't even talked to the dr about getting the information about the surgeon who would do it. I just don't want to think about it for a while.

I've got the tree up and all decorated except for the very top. Chuck will do that for me tomorrow. This is a new prelit LED tree and I LOVE it. I have the rest of the house decorated except for the fridge magnets. You see, I cover the entire fridge with Christmas magnets. LOL Then I have to dress my Cabbage Patch dolls (all 10 of them) in their Christmas finery. Next week, I'll get my cards out and then I will be done.

Ron used to say that he was afraid to stand still because I would decorate him. :lmao: He fell asleep in his recliner and I put a Christmas bear in his lap. We both laughed when he woke up. He had such a wonderful laugh.

I have all my presents for the grandkids bought. I just give Chuck and Karen money and let them get what they want. So I am pretty much all set.

Next week I will try and post some pictures that we had taken for Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas AngelRose (and everyone!) :santa::santa::santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter