Angelrose's Journey

WOW dinner in San Francisco. That sounds wonderful. Hope you enjoyed it.

I had such a great day yesterday. I met the family at Smithville and the photographer took some great pictures of us. The kids were getting a little contrary so he bribed them with some chocolate if the were good and let him take a few more pictures. Then he stopped into the old time candy store. Oh myyyyy I knew that was mistake. He got them eat a chocolate turkey lollypop which the both loved and ate completely. That was the good part. The bad part was that we all found candy that we just had to have. Baaaaaaaaad Mary!

We had lunch first and by the time we had finished he had come back with the disc with all the pictures. Then we went back to that evil candy store. I bought spearmint leaves gum drops. Remember them? I also bought a bag of orange pumpkin gumdrops, two peppermint Christmas tree lollypops and a cashew, chocolate, caramel thing. Chuck bought an assortment of fruit slices and some sour patch kids. Karen bought something sour, I can't remember what it was. Chuck asked if I was going to make the gumdrops stale and of course I was. Karen wanted one before it got stale. She just doesn't know the good stuff is always stale. I let my Peeps get stale too. Sometimes I even forget I have them and find them months later. That's when they are really good. LOL

After that I went home and watched tv for a while and then over to their house for taco dinner. Then we watched the movie Dark Shadows. I am a big fan of Johnny Depp and Dark Shadows. It was a fun time.

I got home around 10 and read for a while and then went to bed.

Today I did my grocery shopping and was going to go out and use the leaf blower since it was so nice out. Yeah, that didn't happen. I was just too lazy to get out there. I did get out the nine (yes NINE) Rubbermaid tubs of tree ornaments. Chuck had put up my tree for me on Friday afternoon. So I am all set to start decorating it on Tuesday when it rains.

Karen called this afternoon and asked if I wanted to come over for dinner because they were making gumbo. OH YUMMMM! It was perfectly spicy for me and Chuck, but a tad too hot for Karen. She was making a batch for her coworkers for their potluck Monday. So she will have to put a sign that warns it is SPICY.

I gave them a break while they were clearing up the kitchen and took the kids down in the basement to play. We had fun playing catch and something we call "Silly Whale". Jesse has a whale pillow. I have to close my eyes and he throws the whale up on his basketball net. Then I have to open my eyes and be very surprised to see that silly whale on the net and tell him to go back down and swim on the floor. Then I have to close my eyes again and give the whale a dirty look and say the same thing again. This goes on for 10 minutes or so before the whale decides to be good.

Zoey likes to sit on my lap and play with her kitchen things. I have to eat and drink from her dishes. I could see she was getting tired so I bright them up and then gave me a hug goodnight and off they went.

I looked at all the pictures from yesterday and really I liked about 50 of the 300 he took. So Chuck is going to make me a disc and then I can order the prints I want from Shutterfly.

I got home tonight around 7:30. This was a great weekend.

Tomorrow after my leaf blowing, I have to pick up some cupcakes for Jesse birthday party at daycare.

We are having dinner on Tuesday at Red Robin. I was surprised that he chose that one because he usually picks Olive Garden. Red Robin as you know is my favorite place.

Well, now that I've bored you all to distraction with my fun weekend, I will bore you again on Tuesday night. I can't wait to show Jesse his Jake of the Neverland Pirates, pirate ship and some of the little figures. If you won't tell anyone, I can't wait to play with it too. SHHHHHHHH

Finally got to my house this weekend; just lost a couple of roof shingles and some big tree limbs. There was still snow on the ground when we got there; then it was like a spring day by Monday - we had coffee on the porch!

We were able to take a ride to see the beach - they are already bulldozing it. I was heartbroken for all the people who had all their possessions on the curbs outside their homes - furniture, appliances, sheet rock, insulation, bags and bags of "trash". Many of the motels and B&B's had all the mattresses stacked at the curb. Looks like a long recovery ahead, I don't think things will ever be the same again "down the shore". :sad:

I can't even imagine the destruction. It must be so sad. I imagine it's like the 1989 earthquake - homes in parts of SF crumbled, freeways and the Bridge collapsed. But most areas were fine - except for rattled nerves, no damage.

My younger son and daughter-in-law are moving to NY the first of December. They claim that the area they're moving to has homes for rent. But I'm so concerned that they'll be competing with folks who've lost their homes. My husband has to keep telling me to stop worrying - they'll figure it out. (they're moving to live close to her Mom and grandfather & my son can work from home and check in at the NY office when needed.)

I gotta stop worrying! (but I do it so well!)

I can't even imagine the destruction. It must be so sad. I imagine it's like the 1989 earthquake - homes in parts of SF crumbled, freeways and the Bridge collapsed. But most areas were fine - except for rattled nerves, no damage.

My younger son and daughter-in-law are moving to NY the first of December. They claim that the area they're moving to has homes for rent. But I'm so concerned that they'll be competing with folks who've lost their homes. My husband has to keep telling me to stop worrying - they'll figure it out. (they're moving to live close to her Mom and grandfather & my son can work from home and check in at the NY office when needed.)

I gotta stop worrying! (but I do it so well!)

Awwhhhh, I'm sure they will be fine. Do you know what part of NY? It's a big place, I'm in Queens, only takes DH 40 minutes or so by subway to get to work.

Thanks, snapppyd - I sent you a PM.

Angelrose - looking forward to seeing the pictures you had taken. Your grands are so photogenic!

We had drinks and dinner at Pier 23 in SF. We met up with the people they worked with on Saturday, conducting interviews. The food there was featured on "Drive-ins, dives and diners" - whatever Guy Fieri's show is called. Good stuff. Not exactly the restaurant we intended to go to, but it worked.

snappyd I glad you had no damage to your home. It is terrible to see peoples lives sitting out on the curb. To lose everything like that is just too horrible to think about.

minniecarousel, thank you. I'll post them as soon as I get them.

I just got back from Jesse's birthday dinner at Red Robin. Both kids were just off the wall tonight. Jesse was so excited that it was his birthday and Zoey was excited because Jesse was excited. LOL He LOVED the pirate ship I got him and couldn't wait to play with it. That made me happy.

This morning I got most of my tree decorated. I hope to get it done my tomorrow morning or Thursday morning. Then I can start wrapping Christmas presents.

This afternoon I was kissing Ron's picture as I do every day and I just started crying. It kind of sneaks up on me at times. I'm fine and then something will happen and I will just start crying. Today it was because he isn't here to share Jesse's birthday with us. I used to think I was all done with the crying, but I guess that's not going to happen.

Oh thank you Julie. I can feel it in your post.

I do know that he is watching over us all. Just sometimes it's not enough.

Just came to post a couple of pics from my trip.

The happiest sign on earth:

IMG_9378.jpg

Here I am being the bratty younger sister (we went to the Polynesian for Pina Coladas):

IMG_9573.jpg

On the terrace of our room at the Beach Club:

IMG_9430.jpg

Oh snappyd you are so cute. You have such a beautiful smile. I see lots of mischief in that smile too. Great pictures and thank you for posting them.

I just had to tell you what a wonderful neighbor I have. I called him to ask him to do some yard work for me. He had volunteered to help me out. I called him Friday night and he came over on Sunday at 9:30 with his son who is about 10. He was waiting for his other helper. He cut down some holly trees that were mostly dead and got on his big mower and cleared all the brush in the back and on the side. His helped got this industrial sized leaf blower on wheels and blew all the leaves off my lawn that have been there for three years. My "lawn" is actually moss. His son helped his dad by carrying all the branches and limbs onto the back pile that Ron had started years ago.

They worked until 4:30 when it was too dark to continue. I found out his son likes rocks so I invited him in and told him to pick whatever he liked. Ron and I have a huge collection of minerals, geodes and crystals. Ron loved to box the minerals. We have boxes and boxes of boxed minerals. I told him that after the holidays I would ask him to come back and show him everything we have and he can pick out what he wants. I also gave him a holiday container of the holiday peppermint Oreos. They were just him and he didn't have to share. LOL

He said he would be back Saturday to finish cutting down the trees in the front that broke off in past storms and finish mowing down the brush in the front.

He also told me that I should take a walk down my property line. He seems our neighbor is throwing all his leaves, lawn clippings on my side. The little **** knows Ron isn't here to keep him honest. I also have to put up more NO Tresspassing signs facing towards the swamp neighbor.

Can you tell that we don't like this neighbor?? We live in the boonies. This man who bought a house in a swamp does everything he can to cause trouble for the neighbors. He calls the city counsel for one neighbor having more than three cats. We live in the country. Who cares if he has 5 cats? He made us take down surveyors stakes because they were a health hazard for his kids. UMMMMMM they are big things. Your kids are going to run and jump on them to impale themselves??? That's the only possible way it could hurt them. And why would your kids be on MY property line in the first place? Unfortunately the lady who came to inspect them, had no clue either and sided with him. We had to take them down.

After that little episode, I told him if he put one foot on my property, I would have him in court for trespassing. I told him that Ron was the easy going one. I was the mean old *****. That was the last we spoke.

So the next time Chuck comes over we are going to take a couple of rakes and do some creative raking so that my property is now free of his lawn leavings. I will also be purchasing at least a dozen more NO Trespassing signs pointing his way. See how mean I am? Every other neighbor gets along fine with each other. This man must be used to living in a condo where everything is regulated. I think we will all be very happy when he gets another sucker to buy his swamp house. It's been for sale every since he bought it. LOL Yes, it really is wet lands all around his house. The only place that is not is where the house was built. It floods whenever it looks cloudy and in the summer the mosquitoes have a party at his house.

Sorry to be so mean today. I just had to vent.

Mary I had a neighbor like that for 17 years - he made life miserable for us. He didn't like us because we were from NY - every time we had a BBQ (family, not wild) he would call the cops on us. We had 4-wheelers and every time we took them out he called the cops. It was horrible. I was never so happy as when we moved down the block - what a difference 500 feet can make!

I'm sorry you are going through this, especially now that you live alone. :furious: If you want I can come over and help you kick some booty!!!

We went to see "Scandalous" on Broadway Sunday. Look who I met!:

klg2.jpg

Kathie Lee Gifford wrote the play - I thought it was wonderful! The star is Carolee Carmello, she used to be in Mamma Mia, The Addams Family, etc. One of the best singers I have ever heard, I highly recommend this show :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

snappyd I would love for you to come and help me kick his booty. :rotfl: Better still just come over and we can talk and laugh and have some fun.

That is a great picture of you and Kathie Lee Gifford. Glad you enjoyed the play.

Happy Thanksgiving Angel Rose and everyone!!

It's count down time - I'm hosting TG dinner this year any can't wait :flower3:! My house is sparkling clean and smells of lots of yummy TG foods floating throughout - incl So MD stuffed ham :goodvibes! I'm getting up early to stuff a 25lb butterball, makes some sides, and our sweet kids will bring their favorite contributions :)! Looking forward to a wonderful feast, good times w/family while counting our many blessings, cousins enjoying time together, and even some football too boot! Go Redskins!!

What your favorite pie ala mode? Thus far we have: pumpkin, apple, blueberry, pecan, coconut custard pies and lil DGS is making 'dirt pie' whatever that is. ;)

A.R. love your most recent pix: the cousins get together dinner, pumpkin farm, Zoey and Jesse's day cares, and your Cat in Hat costume ( you frisky thing ;)) and can't wait to see your C'mas decorating pix!! :hug:

Snapppyd love your Disney pix w/siblings - we did that a few yrs back - good times and memories for sure! How exciting for you to meet Kathie Lee too! :goodvibes

Angelrose, sending big TG hugs and blessings to you and your lovely family. Godspeed, as Ron smiles upon you from above, living through you all. :hug:

4Nana your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful. DH and I are going to my sister's house tomorrow and spending the night. It will be her, her two sons, one DIL and 4 grands. My other sister, her husband, two daughters and 2 grands.

I made a cheesecake, one sister is bringing blueberry, pumpkin and chocolate cream pies. Someone is also making apple pie. The dinner is the traditional turkey with all the fixings and a spiral ham as well.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Well, ladies, sounds like it'll be a rip-roaring good time all around!

I'm hosting 6 of my 7 siblings and their families. We're at 23. One turkey is cooking & the other one goes in the roaster early tomorrow morning. Everybody knows what side-dish they're bringing. My daughter-in-law is making a cheesecake, one brother is bringing a birthday cake. I've bought a pumpkin and 2 chocolate cream pies.

Angelrose - I'll bet you're all set to go to your son and daughter-in-laws. Those precious grands of yours are so darling!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my dear friends here.

4nana your feast sounds really YUMMY. I will try and get some pictures posted of the decorations soon.

minniecarousel, thank you. I will leaving the house around 7:45 tomorrow morning to be there around 8. I have babysitting duty while they decorate. I hope I can keep them occupied for 2 or 3 hours!

Since it is Karen and me that like turkey, I just got a turkey breast that Karen will roast for us plus her stuffing and mashed potatoes. I said I would bring the pumpkin pie and bring the rotisserie chicken for Chuck.

I call the grocery store this morning at 7:30 to find out when the chickens will be done. The girl asks and then say they will be done in an hour and a half. Great. I get there around 8:45 and see only a couple of ones on the heated tray. OK I do all my other shopping. I'm looking all over for a pumpkin pie. They have about 500 sweet potato pies, but can't find any pumpkin pies. Really?? For Thanksgiving you don't have any pumpkin pies?

I root around and finally found something called a pumpkin tart. It's very small and has a bigger crust and smaller pumpkin. Oh well, any port in a storm and I get one and a pecan tart also. I know nobody is going to eat the pecan tart except me, but I am WEAK! Everyone else was asking where are your pumpkin pies and getting the same answer. Just sweet potato pies. I have a feeling that they are going to have about 450 sweet potato pies left over.

Now I go back to get the chicken. Surely they are done by now. It is after 9. UMMMMMMMM that would be a no. I ask when will they be done. Oh, in about an hour and a half. I said I called you at 7:30 and you told me the same thing. Well, they take a long time to cook. GEEEEE I had no idea.

I took the one that was on the hot tray and went on my way. I was very grumpy going home. I hate being told one thing and another when you get there. That is twice that has happened to me in a couple of days.

I put everything away. Got the chicken off the bone and in a container. That pecan pie (tart) was yelling at me to take just a small bite. OK Just one sliver. Well, you can't really cut a pecan pie in a sliver. So I got a small piece and put some of that cinnamon cool whip on top. MMMMMMMM That small piece was followed by another larger piece with more of that cinnamon cool whip. I TOLD you I am weak.

That was my lunch. A small piece of the chicken and two pieces of pecan tart. LOL I won't even think about how many points that was.

I did bake a batch of my pumpkin oat bread for my friend at Smithville. She was very happy to get it. Oh I forgot to tell you that story.

Yesterday I was mixing up a batch and misread one of the measurements. It said 1 1/2 TEASPOONS and I put, yeah 1 1/2 TABLESPOONS. EEEEEEEEEEKK I tried to scoop it out, but it had already soaked in. I baked it anyway and hoped for the best.

NOPE. I tried a piece and it tasted fine at first. Then that horrible bitter after taste. I had to throw the whole batch out. Well, at least the night animals had a feast last night. It was all gone this morning.

I was very careful of the measurements today. :rotfl:

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family. I got there around 8 and played with the kids while Chuck and Karen got the tree up and the other decorations out.

We had fun playing hide and seek in the basement. Now there aren't too many places to hide down there, but we did our best. Jesse and Zoey hid first. I knew where they were right away. I could see their feet hanging out from under a table. But I made a big show out of looking in the curtains and the bathroom and in Karen's office. Then I finally went over and said BOOO. They all laughed. Then it was my turn to hide. I saw that the bathroom door was open just enough that I could hide behind it without them noticing.

They looked in the bathroom and couldn't find me. Finally Jesse asked me where I was. So I told him to look in the bathroom. As soon as he came in, I went from behind the door and said BOOO again. We all laughed.

They went back to hiding under the table. I again made a big show of looking everywhere until I found them at last.

My turn again. This time I hid in the shower. Did I mention that I am a big meany?? Again they couldn't find me until I told them to look in the bathroom again. When they got in I pulled the curtain away and shouted BOOO again. I was still in the bathroom when the went into the shower and told me to hide my eyes. :rotfl: I looked everywhere until I told them I couldn't find them and they shouted BOOO at me. I did have fun.

We went up for a little snack and then we went back down until Zoey started crying that she wanted her mommy. I think she was starting to feel bad.

But we managed until naptime and she went down. Jesse and I stayed down in the basement and colored for a while. Zoey woke up and was still crying. We all went upstairs and they helped put up some ornaments.

We had a wonderful dinner with Zoey and Jesse wearing the Thanksgiving "hats" they made at daycare. Zoey will try anything but Jesse won't eat anything other than cheese and crackers, applesauce and yogurt. Once in a while he will eat chicken nuggets. He does love pasta and sauce, and pizza.
Karen was trying to get him to try a tiny sliver of turkey. She promised that she would put on Zoey's hat and make funny faces if he would try one piece.

Here is her picture and Chuck sneaking up to be in the picture.

ry%3D400

Grandmom not to be undone got her picture taken with the hat too. Pay special attention to that top I am wearing.

ry%3D400

It's been years since I could fit into that thing. I just HAD to wear it once more. Now it will go to Good Will. Will anyone want it?? I bought it in the late 70's or early 80's. :rotfl:

Jesse asked for a carrot cake for dessert. So Karen, being a good mommy, made him one and we all decorated it.

Karen made the first carrot, Chuck made the second, Jesse the third, Zoey the 4th and I made the last one. You can tell it was mine because it looks like a snowman. But I digress.

Next Jesse wanted the Easter Bunny, so Chuck made him one. I wanted a Mickey head, so Chuck made me one. Zoey wanted a flower and Chuck made that too. I said there is one space left, make a star. Karen made the star. So you have our Thanksgiving strange dessert.

ry%3D400

Friday I was there at 8 again watching the kids while they decorated the outside. It was so nice and warm that I let the kids play outside. Jesse rode his bike and then asked his daddy to take off his training wheels. So he did and showed him how to ride with him holding on. After about 15 minutes, Chuck could hardly stand up. But Jesse was getting the hang of it. But he gives up to easily. If he can't get it right away, he wants to give up. Karen got him to try again with her holding on. He was doing very well, but he decided to use his scooter for a while.

Karen asked me to go to the grocery store to get more of the Boursin cheese. We had eaten the whole thing on Thanksgiving. So I ran to the store and got two more packages and a few things for myself.

We ate more of that wonderful cheese with our lunch. Then Chuck told me I had a choice. Karen had invited all the kids that Jesse plays with to go to the park and I could go with them or I could go home. UHHHHHHHHHH I just remembered I have to have surgery...........without drugs. :rotfl: I will go home.

I did move for the rest of the day. But I did have a great time both days.

When I got home on Friday, my neighbor was busy clearing off more of my land. I opened my front door to see if he wanted to get paid, but he just went home.

On Sunday I went for my IHOP run and do a bit more shopping. For me this time. When I got home my neighbor's helper was there cutting down more trees and blowing off more leaves. He came to the door to tell me he was finished. I was so happy. I had baked my neighbor some pumpkin oat bread and cinnamon almonds. I gave them to him and told him to tell Jim that I had his check ready and to just tell me the amount.

He came over about a half hour later. He was unsure how much to charge me. I mean the man worked over 24 hours over 3 or 4 days. He did a LOT of work for me. He asked me how I felt about $300. Perfect. If I had gotten someone else to do it, the price would be in the thousands!

We talked for a while and he told me his wife's grandmom lived one street over from my grandmom in Atlantic City. Now I will have to ask my cousin if he remembers them. He was there more than I was, but I'm pretty sure I remember the name. Isn't that a small world?

OK That's enough of my short story. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter