And yet I keep going back...

Frye7127

DIS Veteran
Toys R Us drives me nuts!!

DS got a gift card from TRU for his birthday, along with some cash. He was excited to spend his money and since TRU was having a deal with WII games (you get a $25 G.C. with the purchase of two selected items), he decided to take advantage of this deal. He wanted a Webkinz since his membership is getting ready to expire too. He bought his games, got his g.c. (and must they take the amount of the gift card off of the game price and confuse me even further by making it look like I paid for said g.c.), and then we prowled around for 2 1/2 hours to make an additional purchase with the new gift card. He got the Lemur webkinz and finally decided that he wanted the movie Space Buddies (on sale for $14.99). We get rung up, given the total of $30.57, and then the cashier realizes he didn't scan the g.c., scans it and then shows me a line that the card cannot be used until six hours after activation - WTH is that!?! We leave withput the Webkinz or movie and I told DS I would take him back in the morning to get the rest of his stuff. I know I have said it before, but after this transaction - I WILL NOT GO TO TRU AGAIN!!!! If I do, I will be expecting intervention from my DIS friends, PLEASE!!!!

P.S. Thanks for letting me vent!!!

DH went to TRU in Sunday to get the Wii deal for rewards members. The cashier was great and let him know about the 6 hour wait. We will be going back sometime this week to spend the GC on a new motion controller.
Sorry your cashier did not inform you of the wait.

My daughter asked to go to TRU yesterday. I said Walmart or Target, but no TRU again.

I also hate them pushing batteries and GCs at my final purchase.

The ad said there was a 6 hours wait before the gift card activated.

We went there last night to buy a new bicycle and they didn't ask about batteries :)

Though I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people we know taking a new toy out of the box for their kid and they forgot the batteries. While annoying to you, it's probably been a life (and ear) saver for many others.

Sorry to say but it is posted in the ad that there is a 6 hour wait for the GC I dont like it when people get upset about things that are posted... it would be one thing if it was an "unwritten rule" I love Toys R Us and will continue to shop... I would much rather go there then WALMART anyday.... ;) Sorry you had an unpleasant expereince but I really dont think you can blame TRU

I loathe BRU and TRU and yet I still shop there. Between their return policies and customer service, I don't know which is worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter