• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

and the stocking were hung by the...hold up I don't have a

Sgt Mickey

<font color=red>I will always remember where I was
Chimney or fire place. So where do you put your stockings? Once I tried to hang them on the wall with those hooks that are supposed to be so great but they kept falling off.

So where are your stockings?

We have a fireplace and did in our last home, too, but when my oldest was a toddler, we didn't have one and we just set his stocking on an ottoman with the place of cookies and glass of milk.

I have a fireplace, but was always afraid the kids or animals would pull the stockings down, so I hang them on the banister. Growing up, we hung ours on the livingroom wall w/ thumbtacks.

I've seen in magazines stocking holders that you just set in your livingroom (or wherever).

We technically have a fireplace, but we never EVER use it. In fact it is currently completely blocked by our awesome (and much more useful) 60" tv. Our stocking are hanging from the built in shelves on the side of it. There is a mantel above the fireplace (tv) but stockings would then hang down in front of the tv.

You can buy stocking holders, my daughter did. Neither of us have fireplaces, so she went online to find them.

Stockings are hung on the fireplace mantel. Have a set of HO HO HO stocking holders for dd, dh and my stockings. We got a separate stocking holder when we got a dog.

Love stockings by the fireplace! But we do take them done just-in-case if we are having a fire!

We have a firerplace, and the empty stockings hang there. I don't trust the stocking hangers though, so after they are filled, they sit on the hearth.

When I was growing up, we hung ours on the antlers of the deer heads in our living room (Dad was a hunter ). :rofl:

We either hang them on our TV stand/entertainment center or on our Computer hutch. Both have a very wide ledge, so we have stocking hangers that sit on the ledge and hang from there. At our old house, they hung from the stairwell area.

My mom bought a stocking holder rack at kirklands this year that she's using, it's super cute and she said it was less than $20. If I didn't have a mantle that's definitely what I would do!

Ours do not get hung up. They aren't put out at all. I just do not have a practical place to put them

Christmas Eve after they are filled they are placed outside their bedroom doors. When they were little they were put at the foot of their beds. Christmas morning they can go thru the stockings and play with those gifts while waiting for the rest of the family to wake up.

Since moving to FL and not have fire places in our last three homes, we have resorted to hanging the stockings (by command hooks) on both sides of the Christmas tree. The tree is usually in a corner so we place some on both sides. I think it looks nice. Our kids do NOT get presents in their stockings from Santa. They only receive presents in their stockings from St Nick who comes on Dec 6th

We have a fireplace so they hang on the mantle when they are empty.

After they Are filled they go in the floor.

Our "front" door, which we don't generally use, has a sheer curtain over the window that hangs from a rod. We put a stocking at each end of the rod. We used to put our Christmas tree next to that door so it made a little more sense then. But there is also a corn stove on the other side of the door so it's a little like a fireplace. Presents get piled up on the floor underneath the appropriate stocking.

We don't have a fireplace so we hang ours on a mantle by our kitchen. Perfect place. I think its "suppose" to be the bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter