• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

And the Lord said, "Thou shalt stay at Disney World for three more days."

Quicklabs

DIS Veteran
Mr Quicklabs and I are here at the BW. It's been more than wonderfull. We were supposed to leave tomorrow night. We were here for just five days, thinking that there was no way we would take more time off of work.

Well, I guess the good Lord decided that we'd been working too hard. So, She is sending a Blizzard to the Midwest. We briefly debated: should we keep our fingers crossed that our flights will be a go for tomorrow night or should we take this as a major Sign and do something totally out of character for us and say, "What the heck, let's let the weather clear out and stay for three more days." Air Tran is already allowing passengers to rebook without penalty, our dog nanny can stay for three more days without problem. DVC had a room available for us right here at the BW, and we are now able to use our rental car for the full week we had already paid for plus just a day more. My DH was going to run out of medication (don't even get me started on that. Let's just say he'll never pack "just enough" again). Already called one of our colleagues who refilled the meds, and he's over at the Walgreens on Apopka Vineland right now.

Anyway, usually we'd look at this as a major problem. We'd worry about the weather for the final day and night of our vacay. We'd be stressed by all the inconvenience, even with advance planning. We'd go back to work in worse shape than when we started out. But I guess now that we're nearing retirement, we've grown up, appreciated the Big Picture and are thankful that we have been given a reason to stay!

For anyone else here at WDW who has read this far, I'd recommend the same course of action! If an obsessive compulsive personality like myself can do this, you can too!

:banana::banana::banana:

good decision!!!!! :thumbsup2

nice to have the lord's mysterious ways working in your favor!!!

definitely the perfect place to be snowed in!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana:

(bringing just enough medication????? :eek: i usually bring about a half year's worth, 'just in case')

How wonderful....you couldn't be stuck in a better place...gotta love Mother Nature when it works in your favor...enjoy your extra days !!!

Last year I got to Disney a day early thanks to the weather Gods. I know the deep sense of pleasure you now feel. Have fun!

This year the weather gods gave me a 5 day weekend for my birthday. Granted I wasn't at WDW but there is nothing better than being snowed in with your hubby :)

This year the weather gods gave me a 5 day weekend for my birthday. Granted I wasn't at WDW but there is nothing better than being snowed in with your hubby :)

Too true! We were snowed in over Christmas break and that gave hubby some extra time off work. It was nice to have some unfettered us time! :lovestruc

To the OP, I love that you made a great decision for you! Make sure you take all the time to savor the sunshine! :banana:

We got 2 extra days during our Christmas trip due to the NE snowstorm. It was an unexpected, yet very much appreciated Christmas present! Enjoy your extra days!:goodvibes

I say if the forces of the Universe all work together to allow you to stay @ WDW, then you should listen, which you have done admirably. :thumbsup2 So now you have to look at these 'gift days' as particularly special and do things you wouldn't necessarily do on a regular day at Disney. Eat somewhere different, see something different, look for hidden Mickeys, walk a little slower and see things you might miss, etc. These days should be special, so here's some extra Pixie Dust! pixiedust:

Good for you! Three snow days "stranded" in Walt Disney World has to be the best gift from Mother Nature. I love a snow day that keeps my daughter home from school in New Jersey and lets us play video games and drink hot chocolate. You hit the jackpot! Have a fabulous time! :banana:

And I got another day in Aruba a few weeks ago because of the ice in Newark. Hooray for you!! And not only are you getting a few more days, you are helping the rest of the travelers by dissipating some of the chaos for the airlines. So you see, you are helping HUMANITY by staying! ;)

We've been loving it. I took JenniBug's advice and we did something totally different: went to Toontown fair for the first time ever. I thought it was just for kids. Which is it mostly, but I was just charmed by the place. THe attention to detail was just amazing. It's a great way to be totally immersed in Disney magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter