And the CM said "I can't believe they didn't comp your meal"

Tell me, what purpose is served by the OP making up this story? Have you NOT ever made a mistake/wrong decision in a complete state of shock and thought later, "you know, I SHOULD have spoke up"? There are MANY times (on these boards) guests didn't report situations when needed yet posted after the fact for support. However, your comments are just wrong..and the whole "not getting enough attention when they were little"...ABSOLUTELY inappropriate and mean-spirited...shame on you. :mad:

My sentiments exactly. There is no reason to believe the OP is lying.

I eat out almost every day and have had plenty of scary dining experiences...it just happens. Here's a few: live bugs on raspberries at very expensive and famous "celebrity chef" place (like $200+/person); a whole baby crab inside a clam at another nice place; a human fingernail in a fish entree at a fancy seafood house in Newport Beach; a HUGE cockroach leg stuck on a cinnamon roll in Hawaii; fish so rotten it smelled like Windex at "3-star" Italian restaurant in Chicago; broken glass in a salad. I could go on. Don't even ask me about commercial canning facilities...you'd never eat soup again!

But FAR more disgusting than bugs you can see with the naked eye are the microscopic ones that make thousands of diners sick each year. Food-born illness is a major problem. I got violently ill from a fast-food burger about 25 years ago, to the point that I probably could have died if I was elderly, a toddler, or immune-suppressed, instead of being a healthy 20-something.

But saying "I'll never eat [fill in the blank] again" because of someone else's experience is kind of foolish.

Since most of my friends are in the high-end restaurant biz, I will issue a warning about salmon: I recommend eating wild salmon only. The farmed stuff is only as good as the facility that produces it and there is a lot of disease and parasites (including the fish lice discussed earlier). These things may not make people sick, but do pose environmental threats to wild populations. Plus the wild stuff tastes way better.

I for one will absolutely continue to eat at CDF.

I fully believe the OP. Shoulda, woulda, coulda- we have all been guilty of at one time or another- why make it up.
I'm glad that you did Email WDW about this.
A few years back, I was just about done with my take-out beef and broccoli, when I spotted a huge cabbage type worm in my food ! STILL ALIVE!!!:scared::scared: 'course I wasn't hungry anymore, and quit eating, but I never told the restaurant. I also have never ordered beef and broccoli again. I've grown cabbage and broccoli, and know these worms are common, but :scared:, and the veggies were only quckly stir-fried, and the worm survived-lucky him....
These days I'm much more vocal, and I would say something now!

This happened to a friend of mine. She found a catepillar type bug in some Chinese food that she got at a food court. They only refunded half her money because she had eaten some of the food before finding the bug.

These things can happen, but I wouldn't let that stop me from eating at Chefs de France. It's Florida, and bugs get in places. Unless it was a common occurance, I wouldn't let an isolated incident bother me.

I can't believe people are now threatening to report people who are mean. Too funny. Thank you, Disboard police! What would we do without you?? :rolleyes1

While I can't imagine watching 10 bugs crawl out of my food or my husband's food and NOT talk to the manager, I do believe the OP and it sounds gross!! I'm sorry that you had to experience that and I too, felt a little sick after only reading it.

I have wanted to go to CDF for a long time and still plan on going, however. I never order fish, and while I realize that other things can still be invested with gross and disgusting living things, atleast my brain is only filled with bugs crawling out of salmon! LOL!

I'm sorry that you and your family had to see that and I hope things are resolved to your satisfaction, whatever that may be. :hug:

Ditto!!! My DH would've freaked out and then have us all storm out....

That's exactly what my DH would have done, but not before he would have stood up and announced to everyone in the restaurant why we were leaving. That's just disgusting and I feel horribly for your DH. :guilty:

Wow ! DISBoard Police ? :cool2: Poster should have...! :rolleyes1 Worms, Lice and Bugs...! :dance3:

All the poster requested was our opinion on if she should I or shouldn't report this.... :chat:

I'm thinking... it couldn't hurt.... :thumbsup2

I'm only hoping that you don't get charged extra for the "stuffed Salmon" ! :rotfl2: (ROTFLOL)

Sorry OP ! :flower3: You seem to me to be a person that would avoid confrontation, and confrontational people have a hard time dealing with people like us (I am like that also). I am about as laid back as you can get :hippie: However, I'm fortunate in that my wife (from Philly) once threatened to drive the "lemon-of-a-car" :car: that a dealer sold her, right through his show-room window... and fortunately for them, they realized that she was just "crazy" enough to do it ! :lmao: So, in my life there is "balance".

Thank you for sharing with us, and get the satisfaction that you believe you need and deserve, not what the rest of us think. :wizard:

:crazy2: WHY did I keep reading this post????

...entering my hermetically sealed bubble now and eating through IV fluids only for the REST OF MY LIFE!!!... (think you can get wifi thru the bubble?) :lmao:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW:scared1::eek:

Knowing my party they would have all said "EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW" out loud that they whole place would have went silent. And me.....ewww....I would have barfed right there.:sick:

Gross things do happen. Honestly, I am a little skeeved by the story, but the more alarming thing is the way it was handled. It should have been comped, if not the whole check! I work at a very nice restaurant and have seen a few gross or scary things which were nobody's fault. Our kitchen is extremely clean, but a guest got a salad with a grasshopper in it! It must have been in the bag of mixed greens and blended in really well. Management apologized profusely and comped the meal.

:crazy2: WHY did I keep reading this post????

...entering my hermetically sealed bubble now and eating through IV fluids only for the REST OF MY LIFE!!!... (think you can get wifi thru the bubble?) :lmao:

Ugh!

I would definetly contact WDW, call and put it in writing and cc everyone under the sun. One thing WDW prides itself on is cleanliness and quality. They should know and steps can be taken that this never, EVER happens again.

I understand your husband was not well and you certainly did not want to bring it to the attention to the children in your party, it would ruin their enjoyment of their (and your) trip.

But the reaction of the server is reprehensible, your meal should have been comped, but then again, that's the French for 'ya!

I've seen some disgusting stuff at restaurants - NOT DISNEY -(server licking the spoon and putting back in bowl, then serving it to a diner, yeah, it happened!) roaches on walls or skooting across our serving tray, mouse scurrying along a wall----but the bugs in the salmon----ewwwww. Obviously the salmon was seared outside and the heat made the larvae hatch. UGH----

That's exactly what my DH would have done, but not before he would have stood up and announced to everyone in the restaurant why we were leaving. That's just disgusting and I feel horribly for your DH. :guilty:

Been there. Done that. I was at a Chinese Buffet with a group of co-workers and I saw a large roach crawling ON THE FOOD. When some roaches are brazen enough to be out in public, you know there are thousands of them in hiding. I announced it very loudly and some of us left the restaurant. Three of my co-workers stayed behind and ate the food, because they were "too embarrassed to leave."

I have gotten up and left several other restaurants because of hygiene situations. I have also notified the department of public health a few times. My own friends in the restaurant biz work very hard to maintain proper standards (it is expensive and can involve a lot of lost product) and when I experience something that is unacceptable at other restaurants, I have no problem letting management know (and outside authorities, if needed).

For anything beyond the realm of normal mistakes (i.e., not for merely overcooked food, other kitchen/service screw ups, etc.), the entire meal should be comped. A really good manager will comp the meal, follow up later with a phone call, and maybe send a gift certificate (even for a restaurant other than theirs). In our litigation-crazed society, this makes good business sense, besides just being the right thing to do.

:confused3 Here I am with reservations on the 13th and reading this message line. My DH says not to worry. This is a once in a million event. But he admits he would not order the salmon. Would any of you still go there? There is not a lot available at this time. I was going to pre-order the cake today, but it doesn't sound like the service was all that great either.

We were going for the surprize of the character. I'm thinking burgers only now. (DS has Down's Syndrome and would be love the rat, but not the bugs, hahaha :rotfl:)

:confused3 Here I am with reservations on the 13th and reading this message line. My DH says not to worry. This is a once in a million event. But he admits he would not order the salmon. Would any of you still go there? There is not a lot available at this time. I was going to pre-order the cake today, but it doesn't sound like the service was all that great either.

We were going for the surprize of the character. I'm thinking burgers only now. (DS has Down's Syndrome and would be love the rat, but not the bugs, hahaha :rotfl:)

I ate there in December and had good food and service. The only WDW restaurants I avoid are ones where there is almost near-universal agreement on how bad the food is (ABC Commissary comes to mind) or where I have personally had at least 2 consecutive BDEs (bad dining experiences), such as San Angel Inn. Almost every place has its detractors and fans. I tend to read other reviews as entertainment and not much else, unless there is an overwhelming consensus (like if everyone says the service is really bad, for instance). I pay more attention to Gayot and Mobil Travel Guides, but mostly concerning higher-end restaurants and hotels.

After our experience I don't think I'd eat there again, but then again, we won't be going again for quite a while so the management will probably have changed by then.

That said I will say that the rest of the food was just fine. Nothing wrong with any of it. No evidence of any creatures or critters on the plates or in the food. Just the salmon. In fact, my DH had eaten most/all the veggies before cutting into the salmon and there was no evidence of bugs before that point. And the bugs were definitely INSIDE the salmon so it may have been the larvae thing mentioned earlier, because the more he split the salmon the more came out.

3boymthr...Have you heard back from Disney yet? I wonder what they will say?:confused3!!! Hope all goes well!!!

I am eating at Les Chefs next week and have no intention of cancelling. I don't eat salmon, but even if I did, this seems like an isolated incident. I've never had anything but excellent experiences at Les Chefs.

I am eating at Les Chefs next week and have no intention of cancelling. I don't eat salmon, but even if I did, this seems like an isolated incident. I've never had anything but excellent experiences at Les Chefs.

We really were excited about Remy surprise for the ds bday........There are not many ressies available as we booked very late this year(airfare drop).We want to still do a bday surprize and thought seeing Remy would be a fun and new Disney option for character dining, all others are completely booked! So guys other than fish( we dont eat that unless we ask where it was caught, we can get great fish here) hamburgers or.......??????? I really am running out of options and was so excited about this surprize.:bday: Cake or not order a there, maybe head over to beaches and Cream for kitchen sink??????

We really were excited about Remy surprise for the ds bday........There are not many ressies available as we booked very late this year(airfare drop).We want to still do a bday surprize and thought seeing Remy would be a fun and new Disney option for character dining, all others are completely booked! So guys other than fish( we dont eat that unless we ask where it was caught, we can get great fish here) hamburgers or.......??????? I really am running out of options and was so excited about this surprize.:bday: Cake or not order a there, maybe head over to beaches and Cream for kitchen sink??????

I say keep your ressies at CDF, do the Remy surprise cake, and forget you ever read this thread. Don't stress out over it. If it turns out great, you'll be able to laugh about how worried you were. If it turns out to be a bust, don't sweat it. A bad day at WDW is better than a good day just about anywhere else...except maybe Kauai, which is my favorite place in the world. (Need a houseboy? I work cheap. :rotfl:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter