And the Box Office estimates are in...

wdwguide

Ex Guide Book Author
1. "Scary Movie 3," $21.1 million.

2. "Brother Bear," $18.5 million.

3. "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre," $10.9 million.

4. "Radio," $10.2 million.

5. "Runaway Jury," $6.9 million.

6. "Mystic River," $6.3 million.

7. "Kill Bill — Vol. 1," $4.7 million.

8. "The School of Rock," $4.4 million.

9. "Intolerable Cruelty," $2.7 million.

10. "In the Cut," $2.3 million.

My estimate for BB was 18 million - not too far off.

That's not bad for a short weekend. Now we'll see if this movie has legs.

I'm honestly shocked....not because I was hoping Disney would do poorly but I thought it would be hard with the abridged weekend...

I personally saw the film this weekend and I like it. It wasn't the best Disney movie I've ever seen, but I was plesantly suprised....

The results are in for the first part of the contest...

WDWguide with $18m in first, followed by Hopemax with 18.5, and I've got momoftenwins (often, but not always) and RaiderMatt in third and fourth.

It's fuzzy math, I tell you!

In any case, we should probably wait until the final numbers are in to decide who wins those marvelous prizes.

I hope 'mom - often - wins"! Because this "momoftwins never wins anything!!!:wave:

Is Brother Bear officially out in theaters, or was that a preview?

If it is, I don't think they're doing a fabulous job promoting it. I didn't even know it was out yet!

BB pulled 19.4 Million in two days, not too bad. I was impressed with the film. I thought the music was good, animation was good, characters were ok, story was good, and comedy was well placed. I give it a solid B.

And with the actuals in, I believe jlambrig and danzzzzzz surge into first, both with $19 million!!

a nice opening for a Saturday start. Not spectacular, but nice. I am hoping it has legs. While some true competition is coming up on the horizon, I don't see it as serious. What is a greater threat, is the limited number of screens with The Matrix and LOTR looming. BB will be fighting for "shelf space" and it will be difficult. What is really nice is that Disney and its partners are continuing to place consistently in the top 10.

***". What is really nice is that Disney and its partners are continuing to place consistently in the top 10."***

Exactly. Every flik shouldn't be expected to be a grandslam, singles and doubles win a lot of games.

In my opinion, the success (or failure) of Elf will likely have the most effect on Brother Bear. The Cat in the Hat might be big too but it's a ways off yet.

In my opinion, the success (or failure) of Elf
If Elf isn't one of the stupidest looking movies I've ever seen I don't know what is. I don't think it is destined for too much success.................but I could be wrong.

I am also not impressed with Elf and a couple of weeks ago thought it would bomb but the reviews seem to be stunningly good and word of mouth around the office seems to be that loads of people are going to see it. I think BB will not be able to keep up. But who knows for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter