And now it begins...

The last thing most of these "multiple wives" communities want is legal polygamy. #1 - they don't recognize the "need" to legalize the marriages, and most importantly, #2 - they don't want to lose the welfare, ADC, food stamps, etc. that these "multiple wives" are getting from the government since they are legally "single mothers".

The intolerance and hatred by the "tolerant" on the dis are truly astounding.

I tolerate and support your right to have an opinion whether I agree with it or not. I also support your right to state your opinion, just as I am free to state mine.

I don't, however, tolerate the idea that people's opinions should trump the rights afforded us as citizens by the Constitution.

The last thing most of these "multiple wives" communities want is legal polygamy. #1 - they don't recognize the "need" to legalize the marriages, and most importantly, #2 - they don't want to lose the welfare, ADC, food stamps, etc. that these "multiple wives" are getting from the government since they are legally "single mothers".

Can you give me a cite where I can read where they've said any of this? That would be some interesting research.

Can you give me a cite where I can read where they've said any of this? That would be some interesting research.

I didn't say "they" said any of that. I would suppose that's the last thing they'd want to say: "Oh, yeah, we're milking the government (otherwise known as "bleeding the beast" in their terminology) and we'd like to stop the money coming in by becoming legal."

All you have to do is look up the statistics on welfare fraud among these groups. Many studies have been done on this.

This is a good point. I never thought of that point. I just hope someone doesn't try and use valuable tax dollars arguing the courts can appoint a person to represent this object like they do for children or mentally challenged adults. Time will tell but you know somebody will eventually try.
Since the legal representative represents the interests of its clients, it would be a fun day in court to see a representative try to explain how an inanimate object has interests and how the representative determined what those interests were. Did the car tell the representative that it indeed wanted to marry the man? Did the car do anything to indicate it wanted to marry the man?

What I find the most disturbing trend springing up out of many hot button issues over the past several years is that public opinion is now expected to be group think, one opinion flowing a single way or you are wrong, on the wrong side of history, whatever. That's the real slippery slope I'm afraid we're on. Extending equal rights shouldn't mean surrendering our right to hold our own opinions. No matter what the issue is, everyone is entitled to their own opinions as long as they aren't looking to mandate others' behavior or deny their rights.
WE can still THINK it...just can't VERBALIZE it. It really is quite frightening.

It's complicated. Too many don't realize, what's at stake. The "hot button" issue d'jour doesn't bother them. They don't know or care, how we got there. Some know full well, what's at the end of the slippery slope. The recent "victories" are merely a stepping stone to the real agenda.

I have to say I find it really offensive that someone would compare a loving, intimate, mutual relationship between two adults (of whatever gender) with "wanting to marry a car."

I take it you are not a car person lol. Me being a car person and hanging around people (men and women) that are also into cars, I've seen some that REALLY love their cars. I love my car too but NOT that much lol

WE can still THINK it...just can't VERBALIZE it. It really is quite frightening.

It's complicated. Too many don't realize, what's at stake. The "hot button" issue d'jour doesn't bother them. They don't know or care, how we got there. Some know full well, what's at the end of the slippery slope. The recent "victories" are merely a stepping stone to the real agenda.
I'd really love for you to clarify this.

What is your interpretation of the real agenda?

It was only a matter of time before people would take this law to the next step. Everyone knew this was going to happen. As I suspected those that were up in arms about same *** couples not being able to get married are now saying all these other people (this guy who wants 2 wives) are crazy and can't do that.

I actually think all of those opposed to SSM would be the first group to support polygamy since it's usually based on religious beliefs.

We are both too old for that. But, we could do just like two gay men do. Hire a women for her eggs.

So you believe we should invalidate the marriages of any heterosexual couples using egg donation?

The intolerance and hatred by the "tolerant" on the dis are truly astounding.

Pointing out completely illogical and irrational "reasoning" isn't "hatred". But even if it was, we're not trying to use our hatred to limit your legal rights.

You can't speak to "most" of these communities and members. How would they be different than other single mothers who haven't married their children's fathers? Even if polygamy is legalized, they wouldn't be forced to marry, so nothing would have changed.

See response to Art. You can verbalize it, and I think most of us would actually love to see a rational argument as to why someone's individual religious beliefs trump the legal rights of others, especially ones who don't share that religion. Because let's face it, the vast majority of the opposition is based on religion.

Would you be OK with a Jehovah's Witness majority prohibiting blood transfusions? How about an Orthodox Jewish majority prohibiting the sale of shellfish and pork?

The end of the slippery slope is equality. Kind of like how emancipation led to voting rights for blacks, which led to voting rights for women. Those were all fear-mongering slippery slope arguments. And what exactly is the "real agenda"? If there's any agenda, it's pretty clear that the right wants to govern based on religious ideology despite the constitution. One needs only to read a comment that says something to the effect of "unelected judges deciding our laws". Yeah, kind of the point of the Supreme Court.

you mean, you don't know? its all in the prophecy...it has been foretold...it is the rise of the planet of the apes!!
I figured it was something like straight people being rounded up and used as breeding stock, but you might be onto something.

I will add to my first question of what is the real agenda-what do you think is at stake? What is at the end of the slippery slope?

If you are going to make those statements you should be specific about what you mean so people understand what you are talking about.

I will add to my first question of what is the real agenda-what do you think is at stake? What is at the end of the slippery slope?

I think they mean the gay agenda.
I know that many of you have heard Pat Robertson, Jerry Fallwell and others speak of the "Homosexual Agenda," but no one has ever seen a copy of it.

Well, I have finally obtained a copy directly from the Head Homosexual.
It follows below:
6:00 am Gym
8:00 am Breakfast (oatmeal and egg whites)
9:00 am Hair appointment
10:00 am Shopping
12:00 PM Brunch

2:00 PM
1) Assume complete control of the U.S. Federal, State and Local
Governments as well as all other national governments,
2) Recruit all straight youngsters to our debauched lifestyle,
3) Destroy all healthy heterosexual marriages,
4) Replace all school counselors in grades K-12 with agents of Colombian
and Jamaican drug cartels,
5) Establish planetary chain of "**** breeding gulags" where over-medicated
imprisoned straight women are turned into artificially impregnated baby
factories to produce prepubescent love slaves for our devotedly
pederastic gay leadership,
6) bulldoze all houses of worship

2:30 PM Get forty winks of beauty rest to prevent facial wrinkles from
stress of world conquest
4:00 PM Cocktails
6:00 PM Light Dinner (soup, salad, with Chardonnay)

ariel--maybe you could request that addition to your congressman. Now that the slippery slope has been activated, it's a shoe in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter