• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

And me, with no ointment...

I'm really enjoying your report! And I loved perfect strangers!!

Hi Winkers!
I was just reading and enjoying *your* TR the other day, and thought I really oughta post and say howdy! I am such a terrible lurker... I will try to do better. :flower3: I noticed you live in WA and flew out of Spokane airport too! We live a few more hours away, and in the opposite direction, but Spokane is our closest "major" airport as well!

"Perfect Strangers" is just about my favorite TV show of all time... I have most of the episodes taped on VHS from when the show was on TV...alll too many years ago... and the tape quality is awful... but I still love to watch them! I wish they would release them in season sets on DVD, like they have with so many other shows.

Thanks for reading along and posting!

I love your trip report! The post about the seat on the train cracked me up. :lmao:

Keep up the great work.

Hello, and welcome to my TR!
In retrospect, the whole train episode is kinda funny, and in years to come I am sure we will laugh about it.. but sheesh!! No wonder Amtrak is constantly in threat of going out of business!!

Thanks for posting! :flower3:

Great update!:thumbsup2

love the pictures of the castle with Wishes fireworks behind it.:goodvibes

Poor caitlyn(and mommy)-hope she gets some sleep and ready to tackle another park...

Looking forward to more...popcorn::

Hi there!

Yep, those pics of Wishes are some of my favorites from the whole trip! They really turned out better than I could have hoped with my silly little cheap camera! :rolleyes1

Caitie did get some sleep - we all did, and we were much better for it the next day. Lesson learned - allll day in MK on a Saturday = BAAAD Idea!! :sad2:

Next update probably tomorrow.. talk to you all then!

Love the TR. Great pictures of the Wishes. I can never get good quality pictures of the fireworks.

I feel your pain, I also have a 4 Y.O. who does not like the photopass people, makes it hard to get a good family picture!

Love the TR. Great pictures of the Wishes. I can never get good quality pictures of the fireworks.

I feel your pain, I also have a 4 Y.O. who does not like the photopass people, makes it hard to get a good family picture!

4 year olds... gotta love em! ;)

I see you leave in 17 days - how exciting! Hope you have a wonderful trip! I think I amabout ready to start planning my next trip! :yay: James would cry...LOL.. he has this silly idea that not all vacations have to involve Disney... foolish human...

Thanks for reading and posting!

4 year olds... gotta love em! ;)

I see you leave in 17 days - how exciting! Hope you have a wonderful trip! I think I amabout ready to start planning my next trip! :yay: James would cry...LOL.. he has this silly idea that not all vacations have to involve Disney... foolish human...

Thanks for reading and posting!

Yes, I'm at that "too excited to do anything" phase. I don't want to work at all.....

Vacation without Disney????????????? :confused3

Great Trip report. You arrived the day we left and I thought it was cooler on the last day (the 19th). Anyway, are we missing photos of you? that always happens to me, too!!Family photo please!!!

Great Trip report. You arrived the day we left and I thought it was cooler on the last day (the 19th). Anyway, are we missing photos of you? that always happens to me, too!!Family photo please!!!

Hi there!
I promise I will be in a few of the pictures later on in the report. I am usually the one *taking* the pictures, so unless DH grabs the camera away from me and MAKES me get in the picture, I am the "invisible vacationer". LOL

OK, apologies folks, for my prolonged absence. Dontcha hate it when Real Life gets in the way?? :sad2: So where were we... ah yes! MGM!

Again Sunday morning, I was awake before everyone else and, just like yesterday, showered, got ready to go, and took my "morning constitutional" down to the food court. It was hot and VERY humid, and mostly cloudy. When my iced tea and I returned to the room, everyone else got out of bed and got dressed, and we all walked back down to Riverside Mill. Apologies for this funky looking picture; we couldn't figure out why the pictures we took were looking this way till we had a brain flash... the camera had been in a nice AC'd hotel room, then we went outside and turned it on... the lens came out of its nice little protected spot and hit the FL heat and humidity and POOF! Instant condensation. DUH! LOL
dsci0242_edited.jpg

We had no breakfast plans this morning, so we decided to grab a quick CS breakfast before heading out to the parks. Uh-huh, right! Us and everyone else staying at POR! Holy crowded, batman! I know it has been said over and over again, but WDW CS places that have separate "pods" for different kinds of food are a pain in the rear! No family ever all wants the same things, so you have to split up and then meet back up to pay and when it is as crowded as it was in the food court in the mornings... WOW! Anyhow, we procured food, and found a table, then had to fight our way back across the food court to the beverage station and to find silverware and napkins, and syrup... we were exhausted by the end of breakfast!

We made our way to the South Depot bus stop cause it was the closest one to the food court. Now, a word on bus stops at POR, for those who haven't stayed there. There are basically 4 bus stops. The first one, closest to the food court, registration, check-in, etc, is South Depot. It is divided into two parts "Blue Bayou Platform" and "River Delta Platform", but you never hear anyone use those names, it is always collectively referred to as "South Depot". This is always the most used, and most crowded depot, and also where the buses stop first in the evenings. In the mornings, its seems to usually have its own bus. Clockwise then, in a circle around the outside of the property, there are 3 more bus stops; West, North, and East depots. The North Depot was right outside our building, so we used it almost exclusively. We did use South a couple of times after eating at the food court, and couldn't believe how much more crowded it was compared to the others.

So we hopped a bus, and we were off to MGM.
dsci0278_edited.jpg

We arrived about 9:30, and tried to figure out a plan of action for the day. We could tell the weather was not going to cooperate, as it was already sprinking off and on. Understand, also, MGM is NOT our favorite park. As a family, we just don't much care for it. There are several things we each like to do, but it is a one-day park for us, once we have done it, we don't go back that trip.

We headed first to Star Tours, we are all big Star Wars fans, and always enjoy this one. Once again, Caitlyn wasn't tall enough, but they let us do baby swap, so it worked out fine. Although I enjoy this ride, I sure wish they would do an updated film for it. After riding, we spent a long time browsing in the gift shop (I came THIS close to coming home with a Minnie-as-Leia action figure, complete with donut-ears-hairstyle), then we made good use of the photo-ops areas around the ride... I love the theming in this area, especially the life-size AT-AT Imperial Walker.
dsci0254_edited.jpg

After that we hit the Little Mermaid, and the Muppet 3D attractions (LOVE the Muppets - Waldorf and Statler are so awesome), and the Great Movie Ride. We did a little shopping, along with the obligatory hat-trying-on.
dsci0260_edited.jpg
dsci0261.jpg

The kids decided it was time for lunch, and they were eyeing Pizza Planet. It was NOT my first choice, but James sided with the kids (traitor) and I was outvoted. The kiddos explored the arcade while James and I ordered food, then he collected them while I found a table. We had to eat outside, and it was luckily not raining just then, but it was quite breezy. Caitlyn had an unfortunate Pizza Sauce incident during lunch, and no matter how we scrubbed, rinsed, and Tide-sticked it, it was no good - her shirt was ruined. :sad: I had no extra clothes along for her (bad mommy), so she went around the rest of the day looking like the victim of a pizza-shop explosion. SIGH.

After lunch, we walked through the One Man's Dream exhibit. I just loved this, it was probably my favorite part of the day at MGM. It was so neat to see all the artifacts from Disney history, the mock-ups of the theme parks, the recreation of Walt's office (I could so easily picture him sitting at his desk). What a wonderful exhibit! After that we ducked into the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. Just in time, too, as we were getting seated we heard the clouds open up and could see through the stage and the sets that it was just POURING. When the rain stopped, they started the show, but informed us that there would be bits they couldn't do cause the sets were just too wet and it wouldn't be safe. We noticed that there wasn't a lot of climbing around on the upper reaches of the sets, and the whole airplane scene got cut out. :sad1:

After Indy, James and Ariana ran to get Tower of Terror fastpasses, then we went back to catch the Playhouse Disney stage show, which Caitie loved. After that, the fastpasses were ready so James and Ari and Alyssa headed off to Tower of Terror, while Caitie and I browsed the shops in that area. I DO NOT do Tower of Terror. In no way, shape, or form do I consider "being dropped from high places multiple times simply for the sake of uncontrolled plummeting" entertainment. Thanks, but NO. In CA in 2005, Ariana convinced Alyssa (5 at the time) to ride TOT with her, and I thought the child would be scarred for life. She hiccupped hysterically for hours afterwards. This time around, she started out saying she was NOT riding it again, NO WAY. Then she started waffling; well, maybe she would ride it, no she wouldn't, well, she might. We told her it was totally her choice, and she didn't have to if she didn't want to. Finally, she caved, and decided to try it again. So off they went. Caitie and I got bored with the shops pretty fast, Hollywood memoribilia being NOT my thing. By now it was POURING again, so we went out onto the street and settled in under an awning to wait for them to come back. Pretty soon, they reappeared. Alyssa had survived; and while she wasn't crying this time, she was a bit green around the gills, and said that she had been correct, she didn't like it, and would never need to try it again, thanks.

Now it was time for our 6:20 ADR at Hollywood and Vine. We checked in and had the longest wait of our vacation to be seated. Almost a half an hour... outside... IN the rain. I wasn't expecting much from this meal, we chose it cause 1) it was a buffet - James loves buffets, and they work well for my 2 small picky people, and 2) I really don't like any of the other meal options at MGM. I wasn't disappointed, it was pretty blah.

After dinner, we had to decide whether to go find a spot for Fantasmic, or head back to the hotel. We have seen Fantasmic several times in DL in CA, it was still sprinkle-y and breezy outside, and we remembered all too well Caitie's evening meltdown yesterday, so the hotel won out.

Here's a rare shot with me in it, on our way out of the park.
dsci0279_edited.jpg

We caught a bus (anyone else notice how, at EVERY theme park, the stop where POR guests go to catch a bus is *always* the furthest one down?? What's up with that?? *puff, pant, puff*) and got back to the hotel in good time. We had a new towel friend waiting for us. It is SO cute, but we are still debating as to whether it is a dog, or a hippo.
dsci0240.jpg
dsci0241.jpg

dsci0282.jpg

We changed into our swimsuits and went off to explore the pool, Old Man Island. The kids had a blast, and really enjoyed the downtime, much more than they would have enjoyed Fantasmic. The pool area here is so cool; neat freeform pool, wonderful theming, slides (which were unfortunately closed by this late at night) and nifty water features. Also a hot tub (that's where James and I wanted to hang out!) and a kiddie pool, which Caitie loved.

Finally, we went back to our room for showers and bed. Tomorrow was my birthday, and I had an Epcot day all planned out to celebrate! :woohoo:

THE POOH SIZED REPORT
Not too much to report on today, we didn't do everything at MGM, Rock-n-Roller Coaster was closed, and I *don't do* Tower of Terror. About the only things I would caution you on would be seating in the Muppet Show attraction. Not sure why Disney theater seating is always SO tiny, but it takes some maneuvering to get into the seat without serious owies!!

THE FOOD REPORT
Riverside Mill = James and Ariana both had the adults French Toast platter with bacon and sausage. They said their meals were very tasty. I had a create-your-own omelet (I chose cheese, ham, and fresh tomatoes) which came with breakfast potatoes. This was also quite yummy. The little girls both had kids French Toast, which comes with bacon, sausage and applesauce. We were allowed 2 beverages with our meals, so each chose a breakfast beverage (juice, milk, coffee, etc) and then got bottles of water to take to the park with us. Apart from the crowded conditions, we thought these meals were very good.
Pizza Planet = Pretty basic personal sized pizzas. James, Ari, and I got ours as "meals" which means they were served with a salad. The salads were basic, but fresh, and a nice, refreshing addition to the IMHO rather bland and boring pizzas. The little girls shared a cheese pizza. We got sodas to drink, and bought Caitie a chocolate milk OOP.
Hollywood and Vine = Just your basic buffet. The selection was pretty good, and everything was hot and fresh, but nothing was "outstanding". We all ate well, but if we had to pay out of pocket, we would not be returning here. Just too spendy for what you get.

WHAT WE LEARNED TODAY
Riverside Mill has tasty food, and is a good choice for breakfast, but it is best to avoid it during standard "meal" times.
Definitely take the time to visit the One Man's Dream exhibit.
Bring an extra shirt for the 4 year old if tomato products will be involved!
Downtime is a good thing when travelling with little ones. (DUH) Take time to enjoy your pool and your resort.

I'm sorry but your dd hiccoping made me laugh! Great update!

Great update. I am glad to hear you say the things you say about MGM. I feel the same way. One day is plenty for us too.

Can't wait for Epcot

Pictures Ariana took of Caitlyn trying on hats

dscn2998_edited.jpg
dscn2997_edited.jpg
dscn2999_edited.jpg

:cake: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! :bday:

I don't normally get "into" birthdays. Just not my thing. But this year, I planned this trip to The World as my birthday present to myself, and darn it I was gonna do it up right! I planned to spend the day in my favorite park, riding my favorite rides, seeing my favorite shows, and eating dinner in (what used to be) my favorite restaurant! So let's see how the day went... :surfweb:

After my normal routine of my early morning trek for tea, I woke up the rest of my family and got them ready to head on out - c'mon people, let's go!
dsci0286_edited.jpg

We decided to mosey on down to Riverside Mill again for breakfast, but today we would be there earlier (about 7:30, vs about 8:30 the previous day), so we hoped it would not be as crowded. NOPE. Still a zoo. That's OK, we grabbed our food, ate and headed out to the buses.

We made it to Epcot just after opening, and it was a beautiful day. Blue skies, sun shining, light crowds. In fact, all day long I couldn't believe how UNcrowded it was... in comparison to how it had been on the weekends it was just WONDERFUL. I stopped at Guest Service to get my birthday button, and then we headed off through Future World. I was SO sad that Spaceship Earth was closed... it is my favorite Epcot attraction. WAH!! Oh well, a great reason to plan another trip after the refurb is done. :thumbsup2 Our first stop was Ellen's Energy Adventure, another family favorite. This ride is SO much better with the addition of Bill Nye and Ellen than it used to be when you watched the cheesy 70's movie about energy production! The kids loved the dinosaurs. Now wave sadly at the huge chunk of unused space that used to be the Wonders of Life (sure hope they do something with it someday) and on to Test Track! James and Ariana and Alyssa rode it first, then I rode it with Alyssa (who LOVED it and had to go again) while Daddy and Ari waited with Caitie. While they were waiting they discovered the kids' fountain play area near TT, and Caitie and Ari were quite damp by the time we met up with them again. On to Mission Space. James and Ariana were the only ones who wanted to or could ride this ride, so the little girls and I played in the play area while we waited for them. This is SUCH a great idea; I think anytime Disney builds a new thrill ride (i.e. Everest) there ought to be a play area like this for the smaller kids to enjoy themselves in while they wait. This one is expecially nice because it is inside and air conditioned.

*soapbox alert*
Just have to say it... I am a Disney purist. For me, the most magical moments are those that are Disney as Walt planned it. Carousel of Progress, TTA, the ORIGINAL Tiki Room. Everytime something old and wonderful gets bulldozed down or re-made with a Pixar theme, it chips away at the magic for me. Test Track and Mission Space may be wonderful attractions, they may be cutting edge, they may have helped "up" the attendance levels, but I don't care. For me, Epcot is supposed to have World of Motion and Horizons, and I will forever grieve their loss.
*stepping off soapbox*

Alrighty then... where were we?
After finishing out the left side of Future World, we ventured into World Showcase. First up, Mexico! I love this pavillion. I adore the pyramid, I love the art displays, I especially LOVE the marketplace. With the dark night sky and the pyramid looming up, the smells from the restaurant, and all the cool shopping things to browse. Perfect! First up, my family decided to follow tradition, and try on hats for a while! Viva Sombreros!
dsci0312.jpg

dsci0313_edited.jpg

dsci0314_edited.jpg

dsci0315_edited.jpg
dsci0316_edited.jpg

Next we shopped, and I bought myself a birthday present from me. A Three Caballeros/Gran Fiesta coffee mug! Three Caballeros is one of my favorite classic Disney movies, and I LOVE Donald Duck, and I ADORE this cup. I am drinking coffee from it right now as I type. Finally, we rode the Gran Fiesta Tour ride, and I may be in the minority here on the Dis, but I think it is awesome.

Now on to Norway.
dscn3011.jpg

James is Norwegian, so this is his favorite pavillion. I really like the architecture here too. We toured the exhibits inside the church, then went into the shops so everyone could play with swords and horned helmets, and take the obligatory picture with the gigantic troll.

dsci0324_edited.jpg

We rode Maelstrom (again in the minority, I think, but we really like this one too!) and even stayed for the film afterwards. This one needs an update, kinda like Canada.

By now, everyone was feeling a little peckish, but not really ready for a huge meal, so we went into Kringla Bakeri and got a meal to split, and a couple of goodies from the bakery. That hit the spot and we were ready to move on.

We wandered aimlessly through the next few pavillions, with the aim of making it to Japan in time for the Matsuriza drummers. Ariana is a fan of all things Japanese, so this was a must-do on her list.
dsci0335.jpg

They put on a great show, but it was REALLY hot out, and the little kids were wilting quickly. After the performance we ducked into the Mitsukoshi Department store, where my eldest gleefully spent almost all her money on Naruto merchandise, necklaces adorned with Japanese writing, and Lucky Cats for all her friends. I really REALLY wanted to buy Caitlyn a Mon-chi-chi, but I resisted the temptation. :angel:

Our next goal was the 3 PM Off Kilter show. I LOVE Off Kilter, and this was a must-do for my birthday. We got popcorn and sodas to munch during the show popcorn:: , and had a foot-stomping, clapping-and-singing-along good time! What a fantastic show they put on!
dsci0339_edited.jpg

Now we wandered back into Future World, and visited Figment (not a personal favorite of mine, but the little girls asked for it) - PHEEUW on the skunk smell!! After that we skipped the Land pavillion, cause we had dinner ADRs there at 6:30, and went to The Seas.
dsci0375_edited.jpg

Now, don't get me wrong, I *like* the Nemo movie. Its a cute show, well-done. BUT I must go on record as saying I totally resent the "dumbing down" of the ride-part of this attraction. More Pixar in the parks, shock and dismay! *rolls eyes* This ride was perfectly done when it taught about the beauty and wonder of the seas, it did NOT need confused cartoon fish to make it appeal to the masses. Grrr. After our ride in our clam-mobiles, we were just in time for a Crush showing. In direct contrast to the foolishness of the Nemo ride, we LOVED Crush! This is such an awesome show! Alyssa even got picked to ask Crush a question! Her question was: "Are turtles born with a shell, or do they grow them later?" She was SO proud of herself for talking to Crush. :thumbsup2 And the rest of the family went around saying the different variations of "Duuuude!" for the rest of the vacation.

We spent quite a bit of time exploring the tanks and aquariums and looking through the windows at the fish and turtles and sharks... this pavillion is one of my family's favorites (minus the cartoon fish). We got to watch a presentation by the dolphin trainers too. Great fun!

Finally, we hiked up the hill to the Land. This whole pavillion was a must-do on my birthday list. :) We grabbed FastPasses for Soarin' then rode the Listen to the Land boats, and saw the Circle of Life movie, before it was time to check in for our Garden Grill ADR. I actually enjoy the Circle of Life movie, its a nice break in a cool spot, off my feet, with a good message to teach. But BOY does Disney need to spend a little bit of money in this part of the pavillion! That theater is a dump! Dingy, dirty, outdated-looking... my chair was even broken!?! It felt like the supports under it were giving way, and I felt like I would slide right out of it onto the floor! Not a very Disney-like atmosphere. :sad2:

We checked in for our ADR at about 6:10. We were seated fairly quickly, and the characters started coming round as soon as we were seated.
dsci0383.jpg
dsci0390.jpg

After dinner, I got a birthday cupcake, but I was much more interested in the apple cobbler dessert, so gave the cupcake to my cupcake-loving 7 year old.
dsci0395.jpg

When we finished dinner, we rode Soarin', once again using baby swap cause Caitie was too little. :sad2: I love this ride, experienced it in DCA two years ago, and loved it then! But I would really like to see them do a FL version of the film. I think it would be cool; soarin over the Everglades (alligators snapping at your toes), over the beach, over the orange groves, over the Keys, over the space center (with a just-timed-right shuttle launch). That would be so cool!

After finishing up The Land, we headed back outside. We wandered to MouseGears, where James bought me a lovely new Disney watch for my birthday gift, then we found a spot for Illuminations. Everyone was getting tired, but Caitlyn did much better then our MK evening, and we all enjoyed the show.

We crammed our way onto a bus (Epcot after Illuminations and the buses - YIKES! :scared1: ) and headed back to POR and bed. Tomorrow was our off-property day, and we had a rental car shuttle to catch at 7 AM!

THE POOH SIZED REPORT
In my own personal opinion, Epcot is the BEST park for folks of Pooh-sized dimensions. Yes, there is a lot of walking, but the pathways are (for the most part) level and wide and paved. There are lots of misters and fountains and AC'd shops if you get hot. There are NO turnstyles except for at the entrances (YAY for Disney for taking out the turnstyles!). Rides have ample, confortable seats.

THE FOOD REPORT
Riverside Mill = Once again, we had breakfast here. Today, James tried the omelet bar, and chose cheese and mushrooms for his omelet. He liked this quite a lot, but wasn't too fond of the potatoes (said he could tasts onions). Ariana and the little girls all tried the mix-your-own cereal bar, and enjoyed their cold cereals mixed with strawberries. They also shared a mixed fruit bowl (snack credit). I tried the mix-your-own yogurt parfait. A word to the wise here, that yogurt is UNSWEETENED! A fact I did NOT know till I took my first bite! YUCK! In my opinion, unsweetened yogurt is a great ingredient for sauces for Greek foods, but NOT meant to be eaten on its own... and I don't care how much fruit and granola you add... unsweetend yogurt! BLECK!! *insert pucker-y nasty face here*.. I enjoyed my parfait just fine AFTER I added about 7 packages of sugar. Again, we all chose one breakfast-y drink, and got bottles of water to take to the parks.
Kringla Bakeri/Norway = We all shared a Daily Chef's Selection, which included a cup of seafood chowder, a HUGE roast beef and jarlsberg cheese sandwich, and a choice of dessert. We also ordered lefse, and 2 pieces of cappucino cheesecake. The sandwich was fantastic, and more than enough even when we split it; this thing was gigantic. Only complaint we had was that the bread is SO chewy, tough even, you were more RIPPING off bites then you were biting it. I was very disappointed in the soup, as I had been hoping to try the jarlsberg cheese soup, but seafood chowder was the soup of the day, so that's what we ended up with. I didn't much like it, but the little girls did. For the dessert, I chose Rice Cream, which I LOVE. The little girls had the lefse, and James and Ari had cheesecake. I stole a bite of the cheesecake, and it was AWESOME.
Garden Grill = I love this restaurant. It goes around in circles, through the upper part of the Land boat ride. I love the atmosphere, listeneing to the rainforest noises, and the chickens at the farmhouse. The character interaction is great, I think probably the best we experienced. Sadly, I was a little disappointed in some of the food choices, I didn't find it nearly as yummy as the last time I was there (admittedly, 7 years ago). It was still good though, and a lovely finish to my birthday at Epcot!

WHAT WE LEARNED
Watch out for that yogurt!!!
At Epcot, take lots of time to play in the fountains, and browse the shops. Epcot is, at minimum, a 2-full-days park.
Enjoy the Circle of Life movie, but beware the seats!

Another great update!:thumbsup2
I may have to try Garden Grill,sounds fun.:goodvibes

I agree Crush is awesome!:cool1: Alyssa asked a wonderful question.:woohoo:

Another great update!:thumbsup2
I may have to try Garden Grill,sounds fun.:goodvibes

I agree Crush is awesome!:cool1: Alyssa asked a wonderful question.:woohoo:

Yes, do give Garden Grill a try! I think everyone should try it at least once. :)
According to all ears, the menu consists of the following:

Biscuits and rolls with honey-orange-blossom butter (YUM)
Flank steak with mushroom cabernet au jus (no one liked this much; although I have three mushroom fanatics in my family, no one much liked the au jus (too wine-y?) and they said the steak was tough)
Rotisserie turkey with cranberry relish (I thought this was wonderful)
Fried catfish (no one liked; too greasy and too fish-y, no tartar sauce available and my kids won't touch fish without it)
Yukon mashed potatoes (this is WRONG. We were given a cheesy-hashbrown sort of potato casserole. I thought it was good, kids didn't much like it, James hated it - too onion-y)
Homestyle corn stuffing (tasted like stovetop to me)
Selection of fresh vegetables (we had baby carrots, which were OK, and fresh, whole, green beans, which were awesome)
Vanilla bread pudding with hard sauce (this is also wrong. we had a very delicious apple crumble/cobbler sort of thing, with vanilla ice cream).

You also can order kids selections (chicken nuggets, fries, mac and cheese, etc) for the little ones. We ordered some french fries, as both little kids love them, and they brought us a huge dish of them.

OK, a couple of days before we left on this vacation, Alyssa brought home a cold from school. She immediatly shared it with Caitlyn, and by the time we left, they were both sick-ish. Not full-fledged ill, no fevers, and I think they mostly *felt* OK, just the common little-kid snuffly-nose-drippy-nose sort of cold. They both managed to nurse this along through the WHOLE vacation, never really ill, but never really better either.

When I woke up the morning of my birthday, my sinuses were feeling stuffed up, and I had a sore throat. This continued all day, with the throat getting worse and the head feeling progressively more snuffley. OH NO! This is NOT good! Never mind, I have iron will, and the constitution of giants! I will NOT be sick ON my birthday IN my favorite place in THE WHOLE WORLD! I REFUSE! uh-huh, I'll let you know how that worked for me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter