And it's Pirates Month!

1. Besides the costumes and the pin set (where the heck was Jack's voodoo doll in the movie??) no new items were released.

2. This was the first in a series of months that were "VMK's Dark Ages"

3. The month was poorly planned.

This is just my opinion. I may be completely out there on this.

we got all those alice pieces, like lots and lots. prize switch up in pirate chests, mickey tv, red space magic, treehouses

we got all those alice pieces, like lots and lots. prize switch up in pirate chests, mickey tv, red space magic, treehouses

Yes, but not Pirate items, and not a lot of piratical items. Sure, all of those items are great, but they didn't add to the theme of the month.

Has anybody else seen the pictures in the esplanade?

looks like they're promoting Pirates Online.

I am on the test server, so I basically get free unlimited access.

Disney ain't getting any more money from me!

What, why is a disney online game promoting another, I don't play PotCO but I don't think they are promoting VMK. I know they are both owned by disney, but VMK is it's own company so why is it trying to divert its audience to PotCO?

Im getting double in ship battle right now...

all games are double for just today

What, why is a disney online game promoting another, I don't play PotCO but I don't think they are promoting VMK. I know they are both owned by disney, but VMK is it's own company so why is it trying to divert its audience to PotCO?

because they can get $$$ from pirates LOL

I pay for Pirates and play vmk too.. there alot of us that do.

Woot For Pirates month :woohoo:

Goofer doesn't change cloths much, but I would be happy if they just changed the Parrot pirate hat to be worn by both boys and girls. :goodvibes

I hope the other sparrow suit will be available for the girlz too, because personally I don't like the ugly girl pirate shirtz @_@

I was doubtful of Pirates month because of the credit I would need to spend... but double credits is awesome!

I'm not super fond of pirate themes, but I am hoping that they do tie in the pan stuff. I can see the why they use VMK, which main point was a marketing tool, to promote Pirate On-line. I would be a lot happier for new costume stuff if it just didn't take me so gosh darn long to scroll through to change clothes. Double points in pirate mini game isn't going to help me either, as double of Zero is still zero, LOL. pirate:

I'm not super fond of pirate themes, but I am hoping that they do tie in the pan stuff. I can see the why they use VMK, which main point was a marketing tool, to promote Pirate On-line. I would be a lot happier for new costume stuff if it just didn't take me so gosh darn long to scroll through to change clothes. Double points in pirate mini game isn't going to help me either, as double of Zero is still zero, LOL. pirate:

me too nothing happened real big in the pirate months so far hold on ill get what happened in those months

EDIT: First pirate month
* 1 June
o Released: Pirate Attraction Pin (1/5)
* 2 June
o Released: Pirate Attraction Pin (2/5)
* 5 June
o Retired: Pirate Attraction Pin (2/5)
* 9 June
o Released: Pirate Attraction Pin (3/5)
* 12 June
o Retired: Pirate Attraction Pin (3/5)
* 16 June
o Released: Pirate Attraction Pin (4/5)
o Retired: Tiki Tiki Tiki Guest Room, Tangaroa-Ru Tiki Idol Yellow, Tangaroa-Ru Tiki Idol Cyan, Tangaroa-Ru Tiki Idol Red, Bamboo Rugs, Bamboo Wall Dividers, Karo Tiki Chair, and Tiki Tiki Tiki Fountain
* 19 June
o Retired: Pirate Attraction Pin (4/5)
* 20 June - Dead Man's Chest Game promotion begins
* 23 June
o Released: Pirate Attraction Pin (5/5)
* 26 June
o Retired: Pirate Attraction Pin (5/5)
* 28 June - New load page advertising the water parks. Items in your Inventory are now grouped together alphabetically. New Pirates of the Caribbean mini game.
o Released: Pirate Treasure Room.

EDIT: Second pirate month
* 1 May - Staff in new Pirate Costumes
o Released: Jack's Compass Pin
o Retired: Peter Pan Quest, Alice in Wonderland Quest, Dumbo the Flying Elephant Quest, Adventures of Mr. Toad Quest, Peter Pan Quest Pin, Alice In Wonderland Quest Pin, Dumbo Quest Pin, Mr. Toad Quest Pin, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Sorcerer Mickey Hat
* 2 May
o Retired: Buried In Treasure
* 3 May - First Pirate Fun Day Special Event
* 4 May - New prizes awarded for Gold Treasure Key Single Use. Changes to the Ships and Shipwrecks, Lights, Camera, Engines!, and Adventure Through Innerspace Tomorrowland quests.
o Released: Dead Man's Chest Pin, Pirate Hat with Parrot, Bandana, new versions of Disneyland and Walt Disney World Tomorrowland Quests with prize of Inner-Space Suit Red Magic Pin, Mickey TV, new version of in park Pirate Quest
o Re-released: Pirate Hat
o Retired: Well Chair, Tomorrowland Quest (2006)
* 7 May
o Retired: Dead Man's Chest Pin, Pirate Hat with Parrot, Bandana
o Released: ALR BD Hills 2, ALR BD Hills 3, ALR BD Hills Corner, ALR Card Arch, ALR Card Guard, ALR Clubs, ALR Croquet Sign, ALR Marching Cards (here is the info about how to animate these - the first user-controlled item), ALR Paint Cans, ALR Shrub Arch, Dark Ride Alice Start, Dark Ride Alice Teleporter, Dark Ride Straight, Dark Ride Turn Left, Dark Ride Turn Right
o Re-released: ALR Shrub Wall Long, ALR Shrub Wall Short, ALR Painted Carpet 2x2
* 8 May
o Re-released: Pirate Hat with Parrot, Bandana
* 11 May
o Released: Tia's Voodoo Doll Pin, Pirate Jacket, Pirate Jacket With Vest
* 12 May
o Released: Jolly Roger Long Sleeve (Blue)
o Re-released: Hurricane Bay
o Retired: Jolly Roger Long Sleeve (Blue), Hurricane Bay
* 14 May
o Retired: Tia's Voodoo Doll Pin
* 15 May
o Released: Bridge to Terabithia off-site game. Prize for completing the game is a Terabithia Treehouse Chair
* 18 May
o Released: Davy Jones' Key Pin, Pirate Pants (Female), Pirate Pants (Male)
* 19 May
o Released: Jolly Roger Long Sleeve (Dark Blue)
o Re-released: Treasure Cave
o Retired: Jolly Roger Long Sleeve (Dark Blue), Treasure Cave
* 21 May - Inner-Space Suit Red Magic Pin becomes non-tradeable (again)
o Retired: Davy Jones' Key Pin
o Released: Pirate Quest
o Re-released: Cursed Storm
* 25 May
o Released: Pirate Shoes, Pirate Boots, Liar's Dice Pin, It's A Small World Pin. New Alice Ride Items section when you're in "it's a small world" Imports containing ALR Red Carpet, ALR Log Purple, ALR Grass LG Green, ALR Grass SM Pink, ALR Flower Red, ALR Mushrooms SM, ALR Butterfly Mushroom, ALR Present 1, ALR Present 2, ALR Umbrella Bird, Will & Elizabeth Treasure Hunt (Quest), Barbossa Treasure Hunt (Quest), Captain Jack Sparrow Treasure Hunt (Quest)
o Retired: Casey Jr. Pin
* 26 May
o Re-released: Jolly Roger Long Sleeve (Dark Blue), Bombardment
o Retired: Jolly Roger Long Sleeve (Dark Blue), Bombardment
* 28 May
o Retired: Liar's Dice Pin
* 29 May
o Retired: Will & Elizabeth Treasure Hunt (Quest), Barbossa Treasure Hunt (Quest), Captain Jack Sparrow Treasure Hunt (Quest), Stitch Hat, Traveling Stitch Pin, Traveling Trunk Blue

Frankly, if it's a Pirates Month that is similar to past Pirate Months (meaning, mostly the same releases), then I'll not be terribly sad.

I need time to accumulate some credits again - I won't need to buy much if this month is similar to past Pirate Months. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter