And it just rolls on...

Apparently people here do not like FP+ as all anybody has said is pretty negative. It's not a bad system, just glitchy at this point.

A lot of people (myself included) would disagree with you on this point. Yes, it is glitchy. But once the glitch's are worked out, it is still a bad system.

The point was that paper or digital, FP is a reservation in line. If I have a reservation at 3 and you have one at 3:30, you are behind me and anyone else from 8am to 3:25 given the 5 minute grace period. Knowingly coming in at the wrong time is line-cutting. The feeling of entitlement some people have is really sad. They are no better than anyone else in the line yet they make the honest people wait for them to finish pleading/ demanding their case. The lady behind me said "I know it's the wrong time but I'm here and they are not going to make me wait. What? Are they going to say no to a child?". No, they should say no to the parent of the child that is showing them that they can bunk the system and have no consideration for others. Blue, green, red, or plaid Mickey, if your res shows on the screen for later, you should wait.

I 100% agree with you that it was wrong for that woman to game the system (regardless of whether the system is good or bad).

People are always going to try to beat the system. But there are plenty of people for whom the system will be glitchy and mess up their reservation. Until the CM's can tell the difference, I don't know what you can do about this.

Although, admittedly, Tomorrowland Speedway always seems to have an insufferable wait. We haven't bothered riding it in decades for just that reason. Just not worth waiting 45+ minutes for a "riding lawnmower." :rotfl2:

Exactly. My DD hasn't yet worked her way up to Space Mountain, and we had already been on BTMR twice (1 FP and one standby). She wanted to ride TS but there is no way I was going to wait in line 30 minutes for TS, and we already had a FP+ for Buzz...

We are AP and DVC members, so there's not much we "need" to do at this point. It is nice to trade a 30 minute wait for a 5 minute wait when you can.

Wouldn't it have been awesome if flashing red lights and an alarm went off when someone without a fast pass entered the fp line!

If would be awesomer if you walked through a plexiglass hallway to get on the ride and if you didn't have a fastpass or you were too early doors would go up both in front and behind you and the compartment would fill up with tear gas.

Let the word get out about that and there wouldn't be any more problems. :)

I think they chose blue because red is perceived as something negative and Disney doesn't like to be associated with negative things.

"The light is blue, you can't go through" is pretty negative. Especially if you didn't understand why or what was going on. I do wonder how they will make all this understood to the guests who don't speak the same language as the cast members who are assigned to police the line.

Plus they seem to instruct the cast members to avoid confronting guests, how will that work with the "they won't tell a child no" type of guest.

I think I like a bunch of closing doors like the ones that used to end up closing on Maxwell Smart's nose as a deterrent.

We used FP+ first week of November and had 0 glitches. We loved it for our travel style. My only issue is similar to OP's. We had a family in front of us where the lady's turned blue and the CM politely said I do not show a fp for you. She said my family is here and we should. Then she proceeded to tell her son to sneak in behind her. They stopped him and he was blue too and looked embarrassed. After holding up the line for several minutes arguing, the CM let them in. Once inside I heard the mom say she knew she could get in and when her husband shows up, she will make sure she gets him in too. She was laughing and said they did it before and how can they know for sure. I was irritated for our delay but more from her act with the CM and her rudeness towards them when it was a lie all along. I do think Disney will have to have a better way to verify fp rides as these types of people will try to take advantage of the system which effects the rest of us.

We used FP+ first week of November and had 0 glitches. We loved it for our travel style. My only issue is similar to OP's. We had a family in front of us where the lady's turned blue and the CM politely said I do not show a fp for you. She said my family is here and we should. Then she proceeded to tell her son to sneak in behind her. They stopped him and he was blue too and looked embarrassed. After holding up the line for several minutes arguing, the CM let them in. Once inside I heard the mom say she knew she could get in and when her husband shows up, she will make sure she gets him in too. She was laughing and said they did it before and how can they know for sure. I was irritated for our delay but more from her act with the CM and her rudeness towards them when it was a lie all along. I do think Disney will have to have a better way to verify fp rides as these types of people will try to take advantage of the system which effects the rest of us.

I think the biggest problem with a scenario like this is Disney has always been known to give in to their guests when they throw a big enough tantrum.

They need to allow management to stand behind CMs when they enforce Disney's rules.

I think the biggest problem with a scenario like this is Disney has always been known to give in to their guests when they throw a big enough tantrum.

They need to allow management to stand behind CMs when they enforce Disney's rules.

Or not even when they throw a tantrum. I think Disney employees are programmed to worry about guest satisfaction as priority one, always. We've had CMs go crazy to make us happy when we weren't even expecting/asking for anything.

It's great, and it can lead to really special memories...but it can also lead to the "they won't say no to a kid" attitude. (Or the delightful group in front of us in the FP line at Soarin' at our last trip, with 12 people using 2 GACs and the Queen Bee laughing about how they got the GACs because she knew "they just give them to you at Disney.")

I think you have to accept that along with the good things that Disney customer service might bring, it also brings some people like this. I'll still take it over bad customer service.

I think the biggest problem with a scenario like this is Disney has always been known to give in to their guests when they throw a big enough tantrum. They need to allow management to stand behind CMs when they enforce Disney's rules.

I agree! I have worked in customer service different places (serving and retail). Do you know how many times I have heard "But the customer is always right!" It's a BS slogan. And people seem to think if they keep arguing they will get what they want even if they know it's undeserved!! It always drove me crazy!!!! CMs want to avoid scenes but as a guest id rather witness a scene than see the rules broke over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I once had a dream about a vigilante consideration squad. ;) They patrol the parks and restaurants with syringes of sedatives and cloths with chloroform, dragging the naughty to get niceness training a la A Clockwork Orange. Then again, I have strange dreams.

I once had a dream about a vigilante consideration squad. ;) They patrol the parks and restaurants with syringes of sedatives and cloths with chloroform, dragging the naughty to get niceness training a la A Clockwork Orange. Then again, I have strange dreams.

Depending on what it paid I'd consider that job. I can't stand inconsiderate people.

I agree! I have worked in customer service different places (serving and retail). Do you know how many times I have heard "But the customer is always right!" It's a BS slogan. And people seem to think if they keep arguing they will get what they want even if they know it's undeserved!! It always drove me crazy!!!! CMs want to avoid scenes but as a guest id rather witness a scene than see the rules broke over and over.

I was at the grocery store a few days ago, and some woman in the next aisle over was saying it very loudly. After the 4th time, I had enough and started responding for the poor stocker who couldn't. Mind you, I'm on the next aisle of a busy grocery store and I could hear this woman as clear as if she were standing next to me.

"The customer is always right!"
"No they aren't"
"What? who said....Anyways, the customer is always right!"
"No, they usually aren't. Most frequently, they are wrong"
"What the hell? Who is...No, you come back here. I tell you the customer is always right!!!!"
"NO. The customer is usually wrong. The ones who ***** that they are always right are always the ones that are wrong. And I'm in the next aisle"

She shut up at that point, or at least started talking in a lower tone at that point. I finished that aisle and moved to the next.

I really really dislike people that treat people working in customer service position like crap. I had to put up with it for 30 years, in retail and restaurants. I don't have to stand by and watch you ***** out some 15 year old because they are out of the kind of cookies you want.

I was at the grocery store a few days ago, and some woman in the next aisle over was saying it very loudly. After the 4th time, I had enough and started responding for the poor stocker who couldn't. Mind you, I'm on the next aisle of a busy grocery store and I could hear this woman as clear as if she were standing next to me. "The customer is always right!" "No they aren't" "What? who said....Anyways, the customer is always right!" "No, they usually aren't. Most frequently, they are wrong" "What the hell? Who is...No, you come back here. I tell you the customer is always right!!!!" "NO. The customer is usually wrong. The ones who ***** that they are always right are always the ones that are wrong. And I'm in the next aisle" She shut up at that point, or at least started talking in a lower tone at that point. I finished that aisle and moved to the next. I really really dislike people that treat people working in customer service position like crap. I had to put up with it for 30 years, in retail and restaurants. I don't have to stand by and watch you ***** out some 15 year old because they are out of the kind of cookies you want.
Well done! :)

magicbob said:
Let's just take a few minutes to reflect on this.

I'm guessing you haven't travelled with a 3 year old in a while? Last trip we rode tomorrowland speedway at least 10 times, including multiple trips using FP+. My son was tall enough for big thunder and splash, but absolutely loved racing the cars. It's currently our favorite use of fast pass plus.

I was at the grocery store a few days ago, and some woman in the next aisle over was saying it very loudly. After the 4th time, I had enough and started responding for the poor stocker who couldn't. Mind you, I'm on the next aisle of a busy grocery store and I could hear this woman as clear as if she were standing next to me. "The customer is always right!" "No they aren't" "What? who said....Anyways, the customer is always right!" "No, they usually aren't. Most frequently, they are wrong" "What the hell? Who is...No, you come back here. I tell you the customer is always right!!!!" "NO. The customer is usually wrong. The ones who ***** that they are always right are always the ones that are wrong. And I'm in the next aisle" She shut up at that point, or at least started talking in a lower tone at that point. I finished that aisle and moved to the next. I really really dislike people that treat people working in customer service position like crap. I had to put up with it for 30 years, in retail and restaurants. I don't have to stand by and watch you ***** out some 15 year old because they are out of the kind of cookies you want.

The one time I was working retail in December. This one lady her card kept declining. I asked her as politely as I could to stop trying or the system would lock me out ..Needless to say she didn't listen than flipped out on me using those words... "The customer is always right!" Well she was wrong and some how it was my fault her card was declined. It was awful. I was never yelled at so much in my life and not being able to say anything back but just grit my teeth and apologize. Well that was my last customer service job. I was sick of it. People can be awful and they speak down to you so much in customer service.

I feel bad for those CMs especially if they are pressured to keep things positive. Well that's a fine line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter