And here's your first ticket price increase . . .

Really? They used to sell the APs around here, also Vons (aka Safeway, Kroeger) and Albertsons still sells them around here, not every ticket or pass level, but some.

I had looked it up before I asked the question and it stated they did sell APs. I'll have to look next time I go to the outlet.

Another price increase 1 day tickets, park hoppers dependent upon first day of trip selected? Last day of our recent October trip, this was the first time in probably 8 years that we decided to upgrade to AP, so glad that we did! :yay:
REALLY? How possibly can people afford to go in "in demand season" ? Getting SO RIDICULOUS, come on!>:(

Arriving March 27 for 2 week stay. Was going to buy water park annual passes if I saw a long stretch of good weather forecast. This was based on us going to WDW one more time in the following 12 months. Looking at these increases and considering other options I don’t think we are gonna do this.

Everyone complains about high crowds in the park. Now there is no "off season". So let me ask this question. Do you think there would be less crowds with lower prices or with higher prices?
Unfortunately right now I don’t think it matters. I think they have hit a sweet spot where some ppl will stop going b/c they’re priced out or are angry, but they will be replaced with a new crop of park goers who are interested in SWGE. I do think they’re luck will run out eventually though b/c a lot of ppl who will stop going are their repeat customers. Eventually they’ll run out of first timers. We used to go 3-4 times a yr. Lately we are down to more like 2. At the rate prices are increasing, we will now be down to once & eventually only once every few years. Of course, if it were cheapers it would probably be even more crowded. But, with SWGE I think crowds will increase dramatically even with the current prices.

Unfortunately right now I don’t think it matters. I think they have hit a sweet spot where some ppl will stop going b/c they’re priced out or are angry, but they will be replaced with a new crop of park goers who are interested in SWGE. I do think they’re luck will run out eventually though b/c a lot of ppl who will stop going are their repeat customers. Eventually they’ll run out of first timers. We used to go 3-4 times a yr. Lately we are down to more like 2. At the rate prices are increasing, we will now be down to once & eventually only once every few years. Of course, if it were cheapers it would probably be even more crowded. But, with SWGE I think crowds will increase dramatically even with the current prices.

It's not luck, it's basic economics.

Disney builds a billion dollar land that is near universally praised as the greatest addition in theme park history and people are disappointed/surprised that it’s being used to generate additional revenue?
Some of us aren’t interested in the land so would rather not have to pay for it. Disappointed that the only way to do that is no longer enjoy the parts we do like.

Ok then I think eventually the well will run dry.

Not really. If they see an effect on the gate, they will adjust their strategy. They'll add free dining again (assuming it's gone for a while), they'll offer other promotions, etc.

Lots of families will be saving up to go and will take your place. Plus, they're likely to spend more than you at the parks.

Until they see a dip in ticket sales, they'll continue to let prices rise.

You've been here long enough to know that this thread is the same as the thread when ticket prices went up last year and the previous year, etc., etc., etc. It's also been 10 years of people saying that the parks are too busy to enjoy. Yet, they keep getting busier and the prices continue to go up.

Price elasticity of demand.

Disney will hit a point eventually where they've gone too far and will have to start giving out deals as in free dining, ticket deals, hefty room discounts, etc. It may not be in 3 years or 5 years or even 7 years but it'll come. Most likely when a recession hits. I don't think the sky is the limit with these price increases. What goes up must come down (in the form of hefty discounts).

I do not blame them for increasing prices. It's the only way to have some kind of "crowd control." I get it 100%.

Disney will hit a point eventually where they've gone too far and will have to start giving out deals as in free dining, ticket deals, hefty room discounts, etc. It may not be in 3 years or 5 years or even 7 years but it'll come. Most likely when a recession hits. I don't think the sky is the limit with these price increases. What goes up must come down (in the form of hefty discounts).

I do not blame them for increasing prices. It's the only way to have some kind of "crowd control." I get it 100%.
They already do every one of those things.

I personally think a lot of those deals aren't going to be as great (or be around much) after SWGE opens.

I should have stated that in PP. :)
I think that sites like UT will always exist and offer discounted tickets, etc. And yes, that comes from Disney. They are an authorized seller, not some shady Craigslist deal.

Not really. If they see an effect on the gate, they will adjust their strategy. They'll add free dining again (assuming it's gone for a while), they'll offer other promotions, etc.

Lots of families will be saving up to go and will take your place. Plus, they're likely to spend more than you at the parks.

Until they see a dip in ticket sales, they'll continue to let prices rise.

You've been here long enough to know that this thread is the same as the thread when ticket prices went up last year and the previous year, etc., etc., etc. It's also been 10 years of people saying that the parks are too busy to enjoy. Yet, they keep getting busier and the prices continue to go up.

Price elasticity of demand.
I guess I mean eventually they won’t be able to just keep hiking up prices so dramatically. They’ll have to offer deep discounts & other incentives again. I didn’t mean they’ll close or go under or anything. I am fully aware that currently there are ppl lined up to take my place. There are ppl on the SWGE threads begging to pay more. As far as spending more money, it depends. We used to go several times a yr for week long trips & stay deluxe & eat TS every meal etc. We may still go but will spend less each trip or go on less trips. There are others like me (some I know personally) who will be forced to do the same. I wonder once SWGE is there for a while if the diehard fans (who aren’t also Disney fans) will continue to come back again & again once they have seen it. Of course, Disney could keep the land fresh by adding new attractions, but they don’t really have a good history of doing that lately.

No - I just checked the website and the cost of my trip in November went up compared to a couple days ago when I last checked. Not sure if increases are higher post Dec. 2019 but there are definitely increases across the board now. As much as 23% apparently. Anyone here get a 23% salary increase this year . . . ? Kind of glad we got a number of good years there with my kids from 5-10. Cause I think we're getting to the point with the price increases and more and more being upcharged that we'll be cutting back a lot. Unfortunate really, and I know Disney is a business - but there's a fine line between reasonable price increases and greed.
Disney is a corporation that has to report to stockholders. Best way to show a company people are not happy is for people not to buy a companies goods or services. Disney is going to keep raising prices. Wouldn't doubt it will be over $200 a day soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter