Anaheim Plaza hotel???

Mouser172

Go beavs!
We will be staying at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel across the street from dinneynand in October. We've read contradictory reviews on the web and were wondering what your take on the hotel is.
We're pretty laid back and don't need the fanciest accomodations. What do you guys think?

We stayed there October 2009. The location is amazing. Depending on your room location you can watch the fireworks at night.

The rooms were ok. We always stay onsite when we visit WDW or DLRP so this was first ever Disney trip staying offsite!!!!!

The rooms are quite large with large comfy beds. Balcony. Fridge. Microwave. Air con worked fine

Pool is massive with a hot tub next to it (didn't use pool much as was always out and about)

Didn't use the restaurant as so many places on your doorstep. Also a large takeout/delivery menu book there and they deliver right to your door!

I would definitely go back

Have a great time x

We've stayed there a few times. Once was great, once the a/c freaked out and stopped working. They tried to fix it and then moved us. All rooms were nice size, beds were good. It isn't our favorite Anaheim hotel but it is my favorite "non-Disney but still close to park" hotel. Usually we stay a bit further out but have already booked Plaza Hotel for December trip since I don't want to pay for parking and it will be nice to be so close for my just me and almost 2 year old trip.

Thanks for your input! I was getting a bit worried from a few horror stories i've read on tripadvisor and the like. I think there are a lot of spoiled individuals out there who expect 5 star accomodations from an inexpensive hotel, and they rate the place horrible on those websites.
Sounds like we will be just fine with our choice.
Someday I'd like to stay at one of the disney hotels but it's just so darn expensive, especially when spending all day at the parks anyway. We'll have to treat ourselves one day though.

Thanks for your input! I was getting a bit worried from a few horror stories i've read on tripadvisor and the like. I think there are a lot of spoiled individuals out there who expect 5 star accomodations from an inexpensive hotel, and they rate the place horrible on those websites.
Sounds like we will be just fine with our choice.
Someday I'd like to stay at one of the disney hotels but it's just so darn expensive, especially when spending all day at the parks anyway. We'll have to treat ourselves one day though.

Another good off site hotel that's really nice is the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort.. We have stayed there before and it's very nice,clean and has breakfast buffet in the morning complimentary with a good selection of food. I would also watch out for special offers for the Disney resort hotels, and depending on the time your going you could call 1-714-520-5060 and ask about any specials for either a good neighbor hotel or a DLR hotel. I hope this helps a bit. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...1ICYCQ&usg=AFQjCNHyeOQStBlomqb19GmlWVvE3jLJSw

Anaheim Plaza is a nice older motel. It is clean, but could use some TLC. If you go in expecting an older, clean, motel, you will be fine. My kids like it as a place to crash. I know people are saying "comfy beds", but my daughter thinks the floor is softer than the beds. But it doesn't deter her when it is her paying for the room instead of Mom. My older daughter, who prefers hard beds thinks the beds are fine.

My mother-in-law is a SoCal local and her and my sister-in-law have AP. They stay at this motel every time they go and swear by it. She says it has no frills, but it's a clean place to sleep. They've been staying there for years. HTH!

I have stayed there once with two other moms and six kids. We got the "suite" which is two rooms that are adjoined with a doorway in the middle. The rooms are very large and both of ours had the sinks outside the bathroom which helps when you have a large number of people getting ready in the morning. The beds were decent. Overall the rooms were clean except for the carpet- all of our feet were black the first day until we learned to keep our shoes on. We didn't use the pool but it looked very nice and the you can't beat the walk. They did charge per car for parking. I would stay there again but definitely prefer the HoJos (and with the entertainment/annual pass rate the two are about the same price).

How long is the walk from Anaheim Plaza to DL? Also, I noticed they charge $4/day for parking...but does anyone know if internet is included? Thanks!

Kelly

How long is the walk from Anaheim Plaza to DL? Also, I noticed they charge $4/day for parking...but does anyone know if internet is included? Thanks!

Kelly

I'm staying at the Anaheim Plaza next week, I've heard that wifi is $10 a day which is pretty steep :( I've also read that it's a 5-10 minute walk.

Kelly

No, its not : ( We have reservations in Oct and were told it is 9.95 per day.
We got a $59 per night room rate, so I'm not overly upset. I'll just log on every other day or so....unless we can hook up for free via a a nearby free connection. I've heard its possible.

I'm staying at the Anaheim Plaza next week, I've heard that wifi is $10 a day which is pretty steep :( I've also read that it's a 5-10 minute walk.
I prefer free wifi, but Hilton and others charge more like $13 a day. But if you have ATT DSL, check your options in networks before paying for a $10 network. There are many "Hot Spots" that are accessible to ATT customers. (I didn't know this til I tried it!) I know Camelot, Tropicana, Ramada Inn, and Carousel have access to ATT.

I was at the Carousel, and was just about to pay for the $12 wireless (24 hours) when I saw a network and figured out to use my home user and password. Saved the $60.

No, its not : ( We have reservations in Oct and were told it is 9.95 per day.
We got a $59 per night room rate, so I'm not overly upset. I'll just log on every other day or so....unless we can hook up for free via a a nearby free connection. I've heard its possible.

Was the $59 room rate through their site?

kkendle said:

Kelly

It's about 10 minute walk to park entrances

I liked the hotel. I booked there after asking for suggestions here on the Disboards and was happy I did. It was cheap, clean, staff was nice, not many amenities, but the location is superb, 10 minutes to the parks gates (including the stops to wait the traffic lights). It is also included in the list of the Disneyland Express stops.
The only downside was the paid WI-FI.

We've stayed there a few times. Once was great, once the a/c freaked out and stopped working. They tried to fix it and then moved us. All rooms were nice size, beds were good. It isn't our favorite Anaheim hotel but it is my favorite "non-Disney but still close to park" hotel. Usually we stay a bit further out but have already booked Plaza Hotel for December trip since I don't want to pay for parking and it will be nice to be so close for my just me and almost 2 year old trip.

Anaheim Plaza does charge for parking, I'm not sure you are referring to the API when you say you've booked the Plaza Hotel, but be aware if you are at the API they do charge $4 per day for parking. Cheapest parking fee in the area. And they will let you stay in the lot the day you check out, so you can check out, go to the parks for part of the day and then leave without paying an additional day of parking.

Kelly

Internet is not included, it is $10 per day. We just skip the internet and use my smart phone or call the front desk if we need to get more info on something. and yes, it is $4 per day for parking.

Was the $59 room rate through their site?

We book the $59 a night rate directly through their website, we have also booked by phone but the majority of times we just book it online. It isn't a AAA rate that I'm aware of, we've never shown our AAA card.

We have stayed here multiple times, it's a decent place to stay. Beds are fine for us, rooms are fine. The biggest issue is the water temp seems to fluctuate a lot, it can go from perfect to icy to almost scalding in a matter of seconds. I don't know if it happens when someone in another room flushes, or turns on their water but it does happen. so that's my biggest warning, to watch the water temp. Otherwise it's great, we have stayed there many times and we will stay there again with no problems.

It was fine even if it is older and a little beaten down. It had a nice pool and it was priced well. The counter in front of the bathroom is huge which is nice for laying out your toiletries.
Only complaints were that our sink would back up a little if we ran the water for a while. It was also kind of noisy. The hallways are enclosed and all hard surfaces. Noises from people walking through them are amplified and echo.
The walk the first day to Disney isn't that far. Subsequent days and depending on how many children you have the walk starts feeling long. ;)
Didn't help that we were like opposite corner furthest away from the park though.
Did the breakfast buffet and it was good. Wasn't huge but enough variety for me. Think it was 7.99 and either the kids were half off or free so it was a good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter