Anaheim plaza hotel & suites

Nice enough hotel but they charged me a resort fee so I never went back. Way too many hotels in Anaheim to put up with those types of fees.

Various hotels have various fees. I add them into the price of the hotel, then decide if I want to stay there.

The Anaheim Plaza is a clean, bare bones motel.

It's our go to hotel because it's cheap. We have probably stayed there a dozen times or so. Generally, we only use it to sleep and shower so I can't tell you much about the amenities other than:

* It is clean
*A/C works well (important in summer!)
* rooms come with a mini fridge and usually a microwave (we bring our own breakfasts so this is key)
* it is in walking distance to the park
* the walk to and from the park is safe and well lit (we had an incident once walking to another hotel)

As long as there are available rooms, we stay here. It certainly isn't fancy, but it works for us.

I have stayed there the last 4 times. Older place but good enough for us. It is the cheapest place that close to the park.

Thanks everyone! Apparently they have a convention going on whole were there so it's the only hotel on the block with openings! Question... What are the resort fees gonna cost me? I booked it through bookit.com and didn't say anything of additional fees. Thanks again!

We weren't charged a resort fee when we stayed. They have a parking fee of $2 or $4, which is significantly less than the $10-$15 at nearby hotels. Breakfast is not free though. They have a very large pool and are fairly close to the park entrance.

Parking is $4 per night plus tax.
We were just there in March. Walk was good, room was fine. My DD and her friend had their own room and had a few minor issues that the hotel addressed.

I'm sure the receipt showing the resort fee is here but I would have to go look for it. Seems to me that most of the Harbor Blvd hotels have a resort fee. At least most of the ones I've looked at.

We have stayed here 4 times and all but the last time were fine.

The hotel is older but close distance to the parks and clean enough.

The last stay my daughter and husband were both covered in bites by the end of our stay which we believe were bed bugs (they slept in the same bed)
Bit of an annoyance but you can get them anywhere so not saying they are a bad hotel just unfortunate to happen.
The last thing you want at Disneyland is an itchy 6 year old complaining all day long :sad1: so that kinda put a dampener on the trip.

We just stayed there last weekend. We had a family suite, which is just two connecting rooms. The bathroom area was nice because the counter was huge and had two sinks. The rooms were definitely on the older side. Beds were comfortable enough. We booked through Orbitz and prepaid. We were supposed to be charged for incidentals, like parking, when we got there. However, they gave us a parking pass and said there were no additional charges when we checked out. I saw a guest laundry room behind the office, which also had a few arcade games. The pool area looked nice, but we didn't use it.

I only had a couple of issues. The Orbitz confirmation said we had a family suite with four queen beds. The beds in our suite ended up being doubles. It wasn't problem since I was travelling with my sister and my two teenaged boys. We each got our own bed. If DH had come on this trip, we would have had an issue with two people having to share a double (which we find too small and uncomfortable). The other issue was that I saw a few ants around the bathtub. It wasn't an entire trail, just a few. Still, not a good thing to find. I left a pair of sneakers on the floor of the closet overnight. In the morning, they had a few ants on them. I had to take them outside and shake off the ants before packing them. My suitcase was elevated on the stand and didn't have any ants in it. It wasn't a huge problem, but annoying enough.

I probably won't stay there again, but wouldn't be totally against it. I chose it for this trip because of the big parking lot and the fact that we wanted to leave the car and walk to the parks before check-in time. We have another trip scheduled for December (DH, boys and me) and booked a suite at the Camelot. We haven't stayed there yet but decided to give it a try.

We have stayed at the API many times, never had any problems with ants, our problem has been the water temperature. It seems to fluctuate greatly in the rooms we've been in. The parking lot is huge, never paid a resort fee, just a daily parking fee of $4.00 per night. The swimming pool is huge, they should have more hot tubs but the one they have is nice. The staff is always nice, the rooms are clean and big, we would stay there again and again. :)

We've stayed there twice and it was pretty bad. We aren't hotel snobs either. Maybe they've changed out the mattresses because both times we stayed the mattress was so low it was practically on the floor and there were huge indentations in them causing us to roll toward the center.

There was vinyl flooring when you first walk in and it curved into the bathroom. That was gross and sticky.

The ancient fridge rattled all night long til we unplugged it.
It was just not even what I would call a clean room.
The carpet was gross and I'm not one who normally cares about the carpet but this looked like 1960's shag that had been walked on for decades.

The water ran freezing or scalding.

Maybe they've remodeled or updated their rooms but both times we ended up in old, old rooms. It just felt like a huge bummer to head back to that at the end of the day.

We've stayed at Hojo's, Carousel, Del Sol, Park Vue Inn, BW Raffles and Holiday Inn and all were fine. Anaheim Plaza was just gross. Their rates are so enticing but I wished that I had booked something else last time we were there. This was 2 years ago btw.

We stayed there one night before moving to the DLH and given that experience I don't think we'd stay there again. I'll preface it with we booked it last minute when we decided to drive down a night early and we arrived VERY late, so we probably got what was left. The room was tiny, noisy (both the fridge and the noise from the outside) and not as clean as I would like. I have heard really great things on the board about there though, so I think we may have been the exception, not the rule.

We stay here a lot.Son works in park.We want to stay awhile and this is the cheapest close place.It was clean, the larger rooms are pretty big, amazing huge pool and hot tub.It is an older property but they waive parking for us try calling here and saying you are repeat customer.I know there are newer , fancier places, but this one for the $$$ cannot be beat.And the huge pool area you can use as a lounge or conversation area.We are there now and I am sitting by the pool .A beautiful so cal day.No complaints about the room we did not get here until 10:30 or so but we got the usual room.Again it is fine and functional.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter