Anaheim Desert Inn

I'll bump ya, because I am curious too. It looks like my 5th wheel will be repaired in time for my trip on the 9th but my contigency plan was an inexpensive hotel for the week.

I was wondering about this hotel as well. We just booked there for June 1-6 because it was such a better rate, and we got one of the small suites.

It looks like it receives mostly good reviews and like it is in super close walking distance.

Anyone's input would be great, I'm a little nervous about our ressie there, mainly because it is so much cheaper.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Emilie

I'll chime in since no one else has yet. We stayed there last March. It was really close so that was great! The service at the front desk wasn't great....there was a language barrier but we were checked in fine. We had the deluxe room, my sister and her family did the parlour suite. It really wasn't anything special except a separate (very small) front room with another tv and fold out couch. Our room was pretty far back so it was pretty quiet. The rooms were pretty clean, beds fairly comfy. We never used the pool. Living in Ca we can use a pool anytime we want so it was never a big deal to us to use it while on vacation. I'd rather spend time at DL than in the pool anyway. That being said, the pool is indoors and VERY VERY loud! VERY LOUD! The windows are always steamed up and smells so strong of chlorine. That being said it was clean to say the least. There is a small little gift shop with necessities. Parking is VERY tight....we didn't have a car with us thank goodness but if you do plan to park in some pretty tight quarters.
There is a firework viewing deck. We watched from here the first night we arrived since we didn't go to the park that first day. It was nice...but nothing like being in the park. I will say the VERY best thing about the place is the location. Just a hop skip and a jump to the crosswalk.
Hope that helps.

I am staying there in 3 weeks. I've stayed here 3 or 4 times before. It is a simple hotel, no frills, but does the job. It's clean and comfortable IMO and it works. The price is always right and it's a short walk to the park. :thumbsup2

We stayed there 3 times over the past few years. We liked it well enough the first two times. The best part is the location. We also liked getting the suite because it has 2 TVs and the kids could watch their cartoons out there in the mornings while we got ready to go.

The 3rd time, we stayed there for 3 nights before boarding the Disney Magic for Mexico in 2005. They didn't have any suites available so we settled for a "Garden Room" in the back of the hotel...and I mean waaaay in the back. There's a little courtyard area with smaller room in the back but you have to walk a long way to get to them. Most of the parking is either up front under the buildings or down below in a garage. The room was OK, nothing special but our big complaint happened when we were checking out.

Checkout time is at 11:00 a.m. We were making trips down to the car to load our luggage (we were packed for a 7 day cruise so we had several pieces of luggage). My husband and kids were in the car and ready to go. I went back to the room at 10:55 a.m. to get the last of the luggage and my card key wouldn't work! I had to walk all the way to the lobby to ask why my card key stopped working before checkout time. They said it was for "security" to remind people that it's almost time to checkout. I asked why they don't have the locks set to stop working right at 11:00 a.m. and it's a major inconvenience to lock you out of your room before checkout time. They were very snippy and refused to discuss it any further. I wasn't being rude at all. I was just explaining that I went up to get my last piece of luggage and ended up having to walk all the way to the office and it wasn't even 11:00 a.m. yet. They guy reset my card, tossed it on the desk, looked over my shoulder and said, "Next." What great service.

As I was walking back to the room. I ran into a guy who said he'd just stepped outside to smoke before taking his luggage down and he was locked out of his room. I'll bet he gave them an earful! We have decided not to stay there anymore after 3 stays. I received an on-line survey form saying "your satisfaction is important to us, etc., etc." So I filled it out and explained exactly what happened. I never receive a reply, a sorry, nothing. Oh well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter