• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anabella or Fairfield or Candy Cane or ...???

We stay in the premium rooms where they deliver breakfast, and they start delivering at 6am.

We just booked CCI for the first time based off DIS recommendations. Can someone tell me what time their breakfast hours are? We like to be in the park for RD but want breakfast first. Does CCI start breakfast early enough to still hit Rope drop?

We were there in February and they started breakfast at 6:30a. The other times we stayed there it started at 7:00a. We love the free parking, free breakfast, great upkeep of the property, and the staff. My son always loves to chat with Edd about the history of Disneyland. I think he's been at Disneyland/CCI since 1955. :)

Wow, overwhelming praise for CCI! That's awesome!

So last question, are there ever discounts or promos for CCI floating around? AAA? Other?

Wow, overwhelming praise for CCI! That's awesome!

So last question, are there ever discounts or promos for CCI floating around? AAA? Other?
Yes, just put in DIS if you have AAA or AARP. It gives you $10 off. You will need to show the card at check in.

Wow, overwhelming praise for CCI! That's awesome! So last question, are there ever discounts or promos for CCI floating around? AAA? Other?

Once in awhile they'll have an offer on their Facebook page too. I haven't seen one in long time though.

Well, I think the pool at Castle Inn is actually in the parking lot [:rotfl: I must have passed it dozens of times but never noticed it!] but that's where we're staying for the 4th time [since the renovation] in a couple of weeks. It's on Last Minute Travel Club (Club tab, not the secret hotel tab) for $114 and no resort/parking fees, though LMTC does charge an extra 6% so out the door it's $279 for 2 nights.
It sounds like you've decided on CCI, but the cheapest rate (including the $10 off) I found there was for $148 (including the $10 discount); maybe the rate you found was cheaper? 2 nights there with tax is $346. Save $30+ a night with Castle Inn - maybe more if you're going later in the summer. That's a significant savings if you're taking a super budget trip.

We just booked CCI for the first time based off DIS recommendations. Can someone tell me what time their breakfast hours are? We like to be in the park for RD but want breakfast first. Does CCI start breakfast early enough to still hit Rope drop?

Oh yes, we had breakfast out at the pool every morning, walked over and hit rope drop no problem.

Nancy, I've already given you my thoughts on CCI ;) I really do like it! Yes, 10% off for AAA and then they will give you a coupon for $10 off each night of an upcoming stay (within a year). Sucks you back in... ;)

Well, I think the pool at Castle Inn is actually in the parking lot [:rotfl: I must have passed it dozens of times but never noticed it!] but that's where we're staying for the 4th time [since the renovation] in a couple of weeks. It's on Last Minute Travel Club (Club tab, not the secret hotel tab) for $114 and no resort/parking fees, though LMTC does charge an extra 6% so out the door it's $279 for 2 nights.
It sounds like you've decided on CCI, but the cheapest rate (including the $10 off) I found there was for $148 (including the $10 discount); maybe the rate you found was cheaper? 2 nights there with tax is $346. Save $30+ a night with Castle Inn - maybe more if you're going later in the summer. That's a significant savings if you're taking a super budget trip.
I don't like Castle Inn and Suites. The carpets were filthy, rooms had paper thing walls, and it was not pleasant. Difference is night and day with Candy Cane Inn. I want a room that makes me feel like I am vacationing.

If the OP is looking just for cheapest, then the Desert Inn and Suites is one of the cheaper options around.

Every one has different needs in a room. For us, I prefer a nicer room, a few amenities, etc...

I haven't fully decided yet. CCI seems to be a crowd favorite, for sure! I'm still open to other suggestions, and would love to hear more (good or bad!) about the Anabella!

You get a discount at CCI with an annual pass as well. We have stayed at Castle Inn. Usually they are cheaper than CCI but this time they were the same. It worked out that CCI was $10 more per night but since they have free breakfast I considered it a wash. This price info was from direct sites not booking clubs. I can't wait to see how it compares!

Hello all. We are trying to finagle a trip to DLR this summer (last minute!) and I am having the hardest time biting the bullet on where to stay. This is a budget trip, lots of PB&J and granola bars and snacks from home. But, we need a hotel/motel that feels "nice". I'm not talking about something that will feel like the GCH, but something that feels like we are on vacation as opposed to feeling like we are swimming in a parking lot, you know?

The Anabella looks like a nice option, and the price is right, but the reviews on Trip Advisor are mixed. Lots of reports of mold, rust, hair, etc. Anyone stay there recently and have an opinion one way or another?

The Fairfield looks like another option, though it is more pricy. I am familiar with the location, having stayed at the HoJo, and am totally fine with it. Is it worth the extra money compared to the Anabella?

HoJo seems too expensive for what it is, and the vibration of the highway was quite unsettling last time we were there.

Hilton Anaheim is another possible option, but the rooms have no mini-fridge, which might be a deal-breaker as I was going to have cereal/milk in the room for breakfast for the kids.

Any other good options that I am missing? Walkable, relatively nice so we feel like we are on vacation, affordable, clean, etc.?

Edit:

Adding the Candy Cane to the discussion as a strong possibility. Thoughts?

Out of all of those, and I have stayed in all of them, I actually prefer the Best Western Park Place Inn. On a budget trip, I want convenience and you can't get closer to the park. They even have a continental breakfast at the adjoining restaurant.

I am booked there in July and the employee I called was extremely helpful. At first, he could only get two of my nights I wanted and I told him that I would just stay somewhere else the first night. As we went along with the booking, he said, "you know what, we always keep a couple of rooms open, I am going to get you that third night". Talk about happy!

Can I ask what rate you ended up with by doing this? And what time of year? Thanks so much.

we are going the week of July 4th so probably one of the more expensive times. The going rate is $179, I found it for $174 so once they adjusted it we are getting it for $130... (plus taxes & parking) Saving over $300:thumbsup2

Can you share a little more info on this? we like the Fairfield but don't feel the prices are worth it (we used to stay there for less). I booked the Annabella, which will be our first time there. Purely for location and knowing what we are getting, I'd rather do FFI if I can get it for cheaper. Did you use kayak to compare prices? I'm not finding anything cheaper than Marriott site except through amoma, which I've never used and lists a "quadruple room," so I don't know how marriott would match that as the description isn't one on their site.

I just googled "fairfield Inn Anaheim discount" and searched every possible site until I found one that had a lower price. I don't even remember which site I ended up using, "amoma" was the one I tried the first time, but the rate changed back before Marriott looked so that one was denied. So I cancelled the Marriott booking and then rebooked it later when I found another discounted rate. The wording was a little different, it said "standard room 1 king, 1 sofabed" and I think Marriott was worded differently, but they still honored it. Its worth a shot, the worst they can say is no and you can try again like I did....to me it was worth the time I invested (which really wasn't much) to stay at the FFI :)

I just googled "fairfield Inn Anaheim discount" and searched every possible site until I found one that had a lower price. I don't even remember which site I ended up using, "amoma" was the one I tried the first time, but the rate changed back before Marriott looked so that one was denied. So I cancelled the Marriott booking and then rebooked it later when I found another discounted rate. The wording was a little different, it said "standard room 1 king, 1 sofabed" and I think Marriott was worded differently, but they still honored it. Its worth a shot, the worst they can say is no and you can try again like I did....to me it was worth the time I invested (which really wasn't much) to stay at the FFI :)

Thanks. It may be my dates (August 11-17) that are causing me trouble. I'm not finding anything lower than the $179 rate on the Marriott website. I'll keep trying.

Out of all of those, and I have stayed in all of them, I actually prefer the Best Western Park Place Inn. On a budget trip, I want convenience and you can't get closer to the park. They even have a continental breakfast at the adjoining restaurant.

I am booked there in July and the employee I called was extremely helpful. At first, he could only get two of my nights I wanted and I told him that I would just stay somewhere else the first night. As we went along with the booking, he said, "you know what, we always keep a couple of rooms open, I am going to get you that third night". Talk about happy!

I second the service at BWPPI. Several times they have been sold out on one or more of the days we needed, but would encourage me to call back daily. Each time as it got down to the wire, I was able to get the room I wanted for all of the days I needed, and each time they gave me the least expensive day's price for all days (e.g. if I needed to add on a more expensive Saturday, they still gave me the Thurs price!) Unfortunately, parking is a nightmare - and they make you pay for it! - and they've also raised their rates by about $50/night in the last year or two, so we branched out. :) You could always think of the "parking" as "breakfast" so it's less irritating - $10 for breakfast for the whole family is pretty cheap!

Oh yes, we had breakfast out at the pool every morning, walked over and hit rope drop no problem.

Nancy, I've already given you my thoughts on CCI ;) I really do like it! Yes, 10% off for AAA and then they will give you a coupon for $10 off each night of an upcoming stay (within a year). Sucks you back in... ;)

:wave2:

I am leaning toward CCI at the moment, if we go. ;) I promise I will let you know whenever I make up my mind. :rolleyes1

I don't like Castle Inn and Suites. The carpets were filthy, rooms had paper thing walls, and it was not pleasant. Difference is night and day with Candy Cane Inn. I want a room that makes me feel like I am vacationing.

If the OP is looking just for cheapest, then the Desert Inn and Suites is one of the cheaper options around.

Every one has different needs in a room. For us, I prefer a nicer room, a few amenities, etc...

I'm not just looking for the cheapest, at all. I want exactly what you described: to feel like I am vacationing!! I realize none of these are luxurious resort type places, but I want to feel like I am staying somewhere "nicer" than a bare bones motel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter