An update and resolution with Randy Chapman

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainStMandy

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to give a quick update on our situation with Randy. I just wanted to say the situation has been resolved. There was a mixup with the photos and after several conversations with Randy and have come to a friendly agreement. I apologize for any conflict that was caused on the boards. There was a reason we went with Randy and that's because of his previous work. I never intended to come across that I didn't like ANY of his work. Randy has been great to work with, and has been very accomodating in coming to a resolution. Just wanted to update :)

After we spoke with Randy we all decided it was best that we go our seperate ways but left things on great terms.

I am glad to hear that you found a resolution with Randy and you have decided to part ways but Mandy I hope you have learned something too. Before you started posting all those threads here and other wedding sites about Randy being unprofessional and trashing his pictures you should have spoken to him and come to a resolution FIRST before you did that. Then maybe the rest of us including myself wouldnt have got so upset with you. There are other issues I had with you regarding this but I will keep them to myself and part ways myself with you and your posts by ignoring them. Good luck in the rest of your planning.

After we spoke with Randy we all decided it was best that we go our seperate ways but left things on great terms.

This is great to hear, for both you and Randy!!

I asked this question because this is how things should have been handled to begin with.. You should have handled your situation first with your vendor before going on different boards affecting his business..

I apologize for any conflict that was caused on the boards. There was a reason we went with Randy and that's because of his previous work..

I agree to that!! Especially since you said on the wedding bee that you are going to use one of your e-pics that you "hated" so much as a Christmas card, obviously they were not so bad...

I am not saying any of this to cause any conflict. I am just saying things for you to know that you are better off taking care of what matters to you first before attacking a vendor without him even knowing of the problem!!!

You have every right to come on here or anywhere and speak about a vendor that you like or dislike but do it in a proffesional and personal way first, like after they are already aware of what is going on. I wish you the very best with your wedding and hopefully we can move on from the photographer back to the planning! :goodvibes

I'm just popping in here, I have no clue what happened.

But if you are going with someone else, I wholeheartedly recommend Misty!!! I cannot say enough about her!!!

Good luck!

I just wanted to give a quick update on our situation with Randy. I just wanted to say the situation has been resolved. There was a mixup with the photos and after several conversations with Randy and have come to a friendly agreement. I apologize for any conflict that was caused on the boards. There was a reason we went with Randy and that's because of his previous work. I never intended to come across that I didn't like ANY of his work. Randy has been great to work with, and has been very accomodating in coming to a resolution. Just wanted to update :)

Mandy, I think that's so wonderful. I love Randy's work but if you weren't happy with the engagement photos (which personally I thought were gorgeous), you would be too stressed about the wedding and that's not what either you or Eric need. If you go with the Roots I am sure you won't be disappointed. They did such an awesome job on Carrie's wedding, after all.

I don't mean to pry, but did you make sure to get a liability release from Randy? I would hate to think this about him, but if as many brides are canceling on him because of your unfortunate experience and his business doesn't bounce back, I'd hate to see him sue you for defamation and interference with business reputation down the road. Again, I hate to suggest such a thing, because from everything I read Randy's a sweetheart and would never do anything like that, but we do live in a litigious society, and I hope you remembered to protect yourself in more ways than recovering the deposit.

I am glad to hear that you found a resolution with Randy and you have decided to part ways but Mandy I hope you have learned something too. Before you started posting all those threads here and other wedding sites about Randy being unprofessional and trashing his pictures you should have spoken to him and come to a resolution FIRST before you did that. Then maybe the rest of us including myself wouldnt have got so upset with you. There are other issues I had with you regarding this but I will keep them to myself and part ways myself with you and your posts by ignoring them. Good luck in the rest of your planning.

Ditto! :thumbsup2

Enough of the attacks on this girl. She came on made a classy,respectfull statement, and people do is pick on her FOR AN OPINION. If you dont like her thats fine, (ignore her posts completly then) but the nasty statements make no sense(you know who you are).
There have been countless posts destroying DFTW, and other vendors, before a resolution has been reached, and the reaction has been mostly supportive. Yet the mighty randy gets a shot and you all slam this girl.
Its ok to attack the problem, it is not cool to attack the person.

Enough of the attacks on this girl. She came on made a classy,respectfull statement, and people do is pick on her FOR AN OPINION. If you dont like her thats fine, (ignore her posts completly then) but the nasty statements make no sense(you know who you are).
There have been countless posts destroying DFTW, and other vendors, before a resolution has been reached, and the reaction has been mostly supportive. Yet the mighty randy gets a shot and you all slam this girl.

well said

Totally agree.

I really don't think anyone on this thread has attacked her as a person. A few individuals have only stated that they had a problem with the way she handled the situation, not her as an individual.

Glad you got everything worked out! :thumbsup2

The irony of this statement is cracking me up. You obviously haven't read everything that was posted in regards to the complaints about Randy. He actually was personally "attacked" in posts both here and elsewhere.

Its ok to attack the problem, it is not cool to attack the person???? :rotfl:
Are you serious???

First let me say, no one wrote anything here to attack Mandy..
She wrote what she wanted to about her problem and we all gave OUR OPINION!! Like she can give her opinion, we can give ours...

I can careless if this was Randy, Misty or a Disney photographer, all I stated was that attacking a person is wrong and like you said it is NOT cool...
I though that she should have attacked the problem and like you stated again in your verse above, most of the girls who posted on Randy's side got upset cause she made it more of a personal attack on him.

Maybe the girls on the board took it the wrong way because of the way it was written but then again like you stated we all have a right to our opinion as she has the right to write what she felt..

So in my opinion with my classy,respectfull statement please DO NOT come on here writing stuff about attacking anyone when in fact that is something you just tried to pull on us :)

When you jump down on someone who has posted an unpopular opinion, it makes it unwelcoming for others who want to do the same. We are all adults. It is your special day. If you want to go with Randy...wonderful! However, having an unbiased opinion...and not necessarily looking at everything with rose colored glasses is a positive thing. You get to see all sides. You can't blame someone for a decision YOU made for your special event. It is great to look at other brides experiences and opinions but accountability rests with you. Take your own due diligence to see if a Photographer is for you.

I want to say "thank you" to Mandy for posting an opinion that isn't quite popular, but helps readers think about what they really want to do. Like with everything else on the board, take what may apply to you and let everything else go...like a grain of salt.

I'm not sure how many more DISCLAIMERS she can give. It is her day. Since I've been on this board I have never read a post (not that I can recall) where a situation was resolved PRIOR to posting the raw emotion of disappointment. I am glad she was able to resolve things and I am happy for those who have still chosen to remain with Randy, go with Randy, or have a wake up call and change their plans. In the end we all have a love of DISNEY and you should never feel without a shadow of a doubt that your photos may not come out right. It can affect the relationship when taking pictures on that day.

Do what's right for you on your day...whomever you are.

I am glad to hear the situation with Randy was resolved in a manner that worked out for both parties. I think this situation has been discussed to death, and as such, I am locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter