An Unforgettable Finish- Oct 2011 TR **Happily Ever After (Completed 5/3)

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I understand your wanting to retire from trip report writing. I think I am there myself. I hope you enjoy your new home!

that is great that you are so close to Disney now. I'm jealous! My parents are moving to florida, but far enough from Disney that it will be hard for us to do both at the same time. well we'll have to I guess! I will miss your tr, I hope you decide to write one about your trip coming up next week!

I don't post often, but have enjoyed reading about your vacations with your family. The boys are so cute. Enjoy your new home and your ability to visit WDW so easily. Take care. :)

Wow what great news! :thumbsup2 Great TR, I've enjoyed reading about your trips and watching the boys grow up and become little Disney fans! I can understand you wanting to take a break from TR writing and focus on your family, hope you will stop in and say hi once in a while! Have a great time going to Disney all the time, maybe I'll see you there! :cool1:

Congrats on your new home!! Carter and Landon are just too cute!! I've loved reading all your trip reports. Thank you for taking the time to write them. I have learned some things I would also like to try that I didn't know about.

Also, I got my wheel in the mail yesterday. I was thinking I would have to call them. I filled out the online warranty form on Sunday. I kept checking my email to see if they sent me anything. I never received any calls from them. I was getting ready to call to see if I messed up something. Then a wheel randomly shows up in the mail yesterday :) Must be a pretty common problem if they didn't even ask any questions.

So happy for you living in paradise! It's so nice to be done with a Master's Degree program, I can understand how proud of him you are. Although I am sad that you will retire from TR writing. I'll miss seeing the cuties. :(

Thanks, we really love it here! It's also so great to have Jeremy done with school. We've been re-watching the Lord of the Rings at night now and it's fun to to something together. Thanks, I know I'll miss writing TRs, but I think it's the right thing to do for now.

I'm so happy for you! What a wonderful ending to the story. :goodvibes

I am pretty sad that I won't have your TRs to read anymore, but I totally understand. I've really enjoyed reading them, and I hope that your family makes many, many wonderful memories at Disney.

I hope that you'll still be around the Dis and occasionally share some photos of your beautiful family as they grow.

Enjoy paradise, I'm so glad that you finally feel at home.

Thanks! I thought it all ended pretty well, too. Couldn't ask for a better ending than that.

I know I'll miss writing TRs, too, but I know there just won't be enough time for awhile. Maybe someday when the boys start school. We sure plan on making lots of great memories at Disney, especially next weekend.

I plan on sticking around on the Dis and I'm going to try to still keep up with everyone else's TRs, which will be way easier without trying to do one of my own, too.

Paradise is wonderful! I still can't believe we live here!

What a happy ending indeed! I loved your TR! So glad you're loving your new life in Florida, how wonderful!

I totally get why you're taking a break, but I hope you'll still be on the DIS every now and then!

I will DEFINITELY say hi if I ever see you at Disney (and feel free to do the same for me)! Any chance you'll be there between July 29 and August 3? :rotfl:

Florida is awesome! We are so happy living down here. I love seeing palm trees everyday.

I do plan to still be on the DIS, but more on other people's TRs instead of my own.

There's probably not a great chance we'll be down there then, since we tend to go more on the weekends these days. But you never know when a trip will come up. We've already gone way more than I thought we would, so who knows? :goodvibes

Oh my gosh! You are living in Florida! I remember you saying you moved at some point, but I didn't realize it was to Florida! Living in Florida is just the best, I keep trying to convince DH that we need to move back when he is done with the military, but I don't know if he is buying it.

I'm also very happy that Jeremy is finished with his Masters degree! Congratulations to him! I'm sure you'll enjoy getting to spend more time together, school work is so time consuming!

I do have to say that I'm a little sorry to hear that your TR days have come to an end. I've really enjoying reading about your adventures, and getting new ideas for our trips from you! If you guys are going to be in the World any time between Sept 25th and Oct 2nd, we'd love to meet up! I'm sure the boys would have a great time together since they share so many favorite rides!

I didn't realize we'd be moving to Florida back when we sold our house, either! We just needed more room as the boys were getting older and then every thing just worked out perfectly for Florida. I can't imagine ever leaving here now. I hope you all get to move back someday!

All that schoolwork was the worst! I love having Jeremy free to hang out with me after the boys go to bed now. No more school, ever! Until the boys start school, anyway, but that'll be quite different.:rotfl:

I'm kind of sorry the TR writing days are over, too. I really did have a lot of fun on here for the past year or so, but I do suspect it would get really out of hand between having less time and more trips. Those dates are on my short list of possibilities. We're wanted to do two longer trips this year, one in the fall and one at Christmas, but I haven't settled in on fall dates, yet. If we're there that week, I'll definitely let you know!

Congratulations to Jeremy for completing his masters, and I'm glad that your trip ended in your own personal paradise. It sounds like a lovely home! I'm glad to see that everyone has settled in there and seems to be very happy with the new surroundings.

I'm a little bit sad that you're taking a TR break, but I completely understand. I've gained a lot of tips and ideas from reading your TR's and I truly appreciate your writing, both from an informative standpoint and for it's entertainment value.

It's so great to have Jeremy done with that master's degree. Paradise is a wonderful place to live! Our house still feels very much ours. I like it a little more every day. Carter and Landon love it here. They're constantly asking to go to water at the beach. :rotfl:

Thanks, I'm glad my TR's have been helpful and entertaining! I'll miss writing them, but right now, I think it would just be too much to handle. Maybe someday!:)

Wonderful ending Kate!
Congrats to Jeremy and on your new home!
Ive really enjoyed all your trip reports and I hope you and Jeremy have a wonderful time on your adult only trip!

OMG! I have so much to catch up on!

Okay, I'll start with the AK/last day update: I'm so sorry y'all were still having to deal with that horrible rain! UGH! So sorry that the last day was less than ideal. But, at least you were able to find the spare key! Now, that would've really been the icing on the cake that day. :sad2:

Y'all moved?!? And to Florida?!? That is incredible! :cheer2: So happy for y'all. And a big congrats to Jeremy finishing up school.

Lemme first say I read your trip report when jermey was on business and met you guys there and from that moment I was in love with Landon and carter, I think my Molly is right in between your two little boys :) being just a little past the 2 yr mark .. Your trip reports always make me smile :) we will be back in Disney oct 11-16th and hope to run into you and the boys :) I will be sure to say hi if we see you :)

Kate, how I will miss your wonderful and witty reports! Hopefully, at some point, you will decide to come out of retirement! I will miss those beautiful little men of yours! Its been a great ride!:hug:

Awe poor babies scared of it's a small world. I love that ride. Oh well. Maybe when they get older they'll like it.

Wow you're a sport. The teacups and I aren't a good match.

The risotto at Le Cellier is soooooo good. I'm salivating thinking about it.

Congrats to Jeremy!!! That is wonderful! Also, congrats on the move to paradise.. I can't wait for us to move to FL DBF use to work for Disney and can't wait for hiring to get better so we can move down there.

Im sad that your TR's are coming to an end but I hear ya on the time factor. I have really enjoyed reading all your trips and love the way you write.

Have a fantastic time this weekend on your adults only adventure!!!!!

Florida is awesome! We live here too!
East coast or west coast?

I have really enjoyed your trip reports!

I love living in Florida! I can't imagine ever living anywhere else. We're on the East coast. How about you?

Thanks!

It's the circle of life on your trip reports. You just finish one and in 8 days you'll be back and can start a new one. :thumbsup2

Congratulations on your new home, Jeremy finishing school and the new job. It does seem like everything is just falling into place as it should.

I've really enjoyed reading along. Thanks so much for sharing your story with us.

The sun has set on my trip reports now. No new ones will be coming for awhile, but maybe someday I'll have more time.

All's definitely right with my world for the moment. We're going to enjoy it as long as it lasts, which will hopefully be a long time.

Thanks for reading! I've had a great time writing about this trip.

What a sweet ending. Close enough for day trips, yet far enough to stay on-site is perfection, IMO. Glad you're enjoying your new home and hope you have many more fun adventures at WDW. I am a little sad to see there won't be more TRs about those adorable boys, but I can understand. Losing that naptime changes your whole world! :laughing: Congrats to Jeremy and all of you. Have a great "adults only" visit to AKL! :thumbsup2

I definitely agree with you- it's the ideal location from Disney. I've never wanted to live right there, because then I'd never feel like it was okay to spend the money on a hotel room, but we're just far enough away that it seems okay. I know I'll miss TR writing and I already really miss that afternoon nap time. As nice as it is to spend time with Carter, it was just so relaxing to have a few hours off in the afternoon. Thanks!

I just read the worst ending to a vacation and the BEST! Congratulations!!!! I did NOT see that one coming!!! :banana: We have toyed with the idea of moving to a beach community in Florida as well, but it would have to be walkable - and that always seems to be the problem in Florida.

I'm sorry to hear the last day of your trip was less than ideal, but thrilled for you that you have found HOME. I do hope to see you around the boards, I will miss your TRs, but completely understand. I will say hello if I ever see you in the parks!!! :goodvibes

If it wasn't for what we were doing after the Disney part of our trip, it really would have been a terrible ending, but as it was it was really a pretty good ending. I love living right here in Florida by the beach. It's really a beautiful place to live.

Finding our home made the ending of the trip a lot easier to take! I'm sure I'll still be around the boards and on everyone's TRs, especially now that I won't be trying to keep up with mine. Hope to see you there!

I have really enjoyed your trip report. Thank you for sharing it with us. Best of luck in your new hometown! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I had a lot of fun writing this trip report. :)

Hi Kate
Remember me ... the crazed British Lady who jumped on you at Winnie the Pooh. Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your trip report. As for the ending ... well I never saw that coming. Can't believe your trip reports are coming to an end ... I was already counting the days until you would start one for yours and Jeremy's trip sans children. So glad you've found your slice of paradise (me jealous much ... it's rained constantly here for what seems like weeks). Who knows ... if ever I spot you again I'll be sure to say hello.
Lx

Hmmm..... You must live somewhat near us!
We are East Coast (Brevard County). It is fifty-five minutes from our house to the Magic Kingdom Parking lot! :)

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I understand your wanting to retire from trip report writing. I think I am there myself. I hope you enjoy your new home!

I loved sharing this trip with everyone and it definitely feels like the right time to end. Trip reports are fun, but they can get kind of time consuming after awhile. Thanks!

that is great that you are so close to Disney now. I'm jealous! My parents are moving to florida, but far enough from Disney that it will be hard for us to do both at the same time. well we'll have to I guess! I will miss your tr, I hope you decide to write one about your trip coming up next week!

I love living so close to Disney! It's the best! That's too bad, that your parent's will be still be far from Disney. Florida's a bigger state than you'd think. I'd be surprised if I ended up writing a TR for our trip tomorrow. I think there just won't be enough pictures to support it.

I don't post often, but have enjoyed reading about your vacations with your family. The boys are so cute. Enjoy your new home and your ability to visit WDW so easily. Take care. :)

Thanks! I really love living this close to WDW. It's fun to know that we can head over there anytime we feel like. The boys will grow up being Disney experts!:goodvibes

Wow what great news! :thumbsup2 Great TR, I've enjoyed reading about your trips and watching the boys grow up and become little Disney fans! I can understand you wanting to take a break from TR writing and focus on your family, hope you will stop in and say hi once in a while! Have a great time going to Disney all the time, maybe I'll see you there! :cool1:

Thanks! It's always fun to watch little DIS kids growing up at Disney World. Carter and Landon love it so much already. Carter keeps talking about going back to CSR, so we'll have to do that sometime for him. I'll definitely still be around on everyone else's trip reports. If you see me again, come say hi! :)

Congrats on your new home!! Carter and Landon are just too cute!! I've loved reading all your trip reports. Thank you for taking the time to write them. I have learned some things I would also like to try that I didn't know about.

Also, I got my wheel in the mail yesterday. I was thinking I would have to call them. I filled out the online warranty form on Sunday. I kept checking my email to see if they sent me anything. I never received any calls from them. I was getting ready to call to see if I messed up something. Then a wheel randomly shows up in the mail yesterday :) Must be a pretty common problem if they didn't even ask any questions.

Thanks! We love our new home. Carter and Landon found a turtle in the front yard today and were incredibly excited. I'm glad you liked my trip reports. I loved writing them. I've learned a lot from TRs on here, too, so it's nice to return the favor.

That's just how it was for me! I filled out the online warranty form and the wheel came in the mail. I loved how easy it was. Maybe it is a pretty common problem. I'm glad it's so easy to replace!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter