An Open Letter to WDIG

redshoe

I've gotta have more cowbell!
Dear WDIG:

You want us to switch from VMK to ToonTown.

WE GET IT. Seriously. We do. In fact, we feel like we've been bludgeoned by 250 cogs and drowned in a vat of jellybeans the size of The Living Seas.

I'm getting the distinct impression that maybe not as many VMK players have jumped ship and switched to ToonTown as you were hoping for. Before you started trying to convince all of us that it fell somewhere between John Lennon and the invention of the wheel on the World Standard Scale of Really Cool Stuff, I even checked it out.

Here's the thing: VMK and ToonTown? Two very different beasts. VMK, I adore and will fight for to the end and beyond. ToonTown? Not so much. It just does not trip my zizz-wheel, and from what I'm reading, most VMK'ers seem to agree with me. If I tried to enumerate all the reasons why VMK is vastly superior to ToonTown, this would get way too long, and if you were really interested in those reasons, you'd have found them out for yourselves by now anyway. Unfortunately, I don't think you are. The fact that you are pushing ToonTown so hard at us just drives home what I already knew - you don't understand VMK, its potential or its players at all. And that's a tragedy, both for Disney and for those of us who love VMK.

If anything, you're turning quite a few of us off of ToonTown even more. We know it's there. You have made that abundantly clear. But the bottom line is, we just don't want to play it. I wouldn't even play it if it was free with all features. I am THAT unimpressed with it.

Now please, let it go. Let us enjoy our wonderful VMK without errant toons and renegade cogs infiltrating it and mucking it up for us. If we're interested, we've probably already signed up. If we're not, all the cross-promotion in the world won't change that.

Thank you,

- redshoe

... and can we just say right now - The same goes for VMK being taken over by Penguins.

Disney, you have a great game, community, whatchamacallit here. Why not keep it?

Love the letter. I think you kept yourself remarkably in control considering the topic. ;)

There are 3D pirates, penguin pirates, possibly Toon pirates but I don't know don't play that either, but the best kind are the VMK pirates! ;)

Yes they are!

I just hope that if they are working on another version of VMK, that it's not going to be 3D. *shudders*

I don't like seeing classic characters and fantasy characters in 3D. They just don't look right. :sad2:

I would much rather watch Arena Football, Canadian Football or NFL Europe compared to that promotional NFL thing.

couldn't play POTCOL at home anyway. My poor ancient computer won't hold it. Believe me, with a POTC die-hard fan like my son, we've tried! It really is a shame too bc I signed up like immediately to become a beta tester. Just think, I coulda had the perverbial green flips of POTC. Anyway, of topic kinda.

Great letter red, well put!

I personally, don't have a problem playing ToonTown. Only two things though.

Two problems:

1. It's not really for adults
2. The limited chat stinks, so you can't really hang out with anybody/talk/etc.

Dear WDIG:

You want us to switch from VMK to ToonTown.

WE GET IT. Seriously. We do. In fact, we feel like we've been bludgeoned by 250 cogs and drowned in a vat of jellybeans the size of The Living Seas.

ToonTown? Not so much. It just does not trip my zizz-wheel,

zizz - wheel???? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I LOVE IT!!

On the subject of Toontown. I agree 100%.

I tried it when it was first announced. I tried it again with my kids when they added limited free accounts. All of this was well before VMK's closing was announced. I didn't enjoy the game and neither did my children (5 and 11). We would not be playing Toontown even if it were completely free. It will not replace VMK for our family after VMK is gone.

I may be playing pirates for myself. I won't be letting my 5 year old play it. I'm having a hard time deciding if I will let my 11 year old play it. I know it's rated E10+ but gambling, alcohol, violence and the relatively unrestricted chat are serious concerns for me.

I haven't given a serious look at Club Penguin. It's not even Disney. They bought the game. If I consider it then I might as well look at every other game online too. It offers me nothing as a Disney fan.

I tried it when it was first announced. I tried it again with my kids when they added limited free accounts. All of this was well before VMK's closing was announced. I didn't enjoy the game and neither did my children (5 and 11). We would not be playing Toontown even if it were completely free. It will not replace VMK for our family after VMK is gone.

I may be playing pirates for myself. I won't be letting my 5 year old play it. I'm having a hard time deciding if I will let my 11 year old play it. I know it's rated E10+ but gambling, alcohol, violence and the relatively unrestricted chat are serious concerns for me.

I haven't given a serious look at Club Penguin. It's not even Disney. They bought the game. If I consider it then I might as well look at every other game online too. It offers me nothing as a Disney fan.

Exactly.

I'm wondering how Toontown's numbers are stacking up to Disney's expectations? I just seen the ad on TV this past weekend, and now this ad blitz in VMK. Just seems odd to me. :confused3

Great letter Red!! I can only hope and wish that someone over at Disney will finally see the diamond they have with vmk and stop trying to shove the plastic gum ball machine diamond (that is toontown) down our throats.

Yes they are!

I just hope that if they are working on another version of VMK, that it's not going to be 3D. *shudders*

I don't like seeing classic characters and fantasy characters in 3D. They just don't look right. :sad2:

I could not agree with you more!! It's one thing to start a character in 3D/computer animation (Toy Story, Monsters Inc, etc) but it is just sickening to see beautifully drawn classic characters get this 3D "upgrade" (Winnie the Pooh will never be the same magical Bear of Christopher Robin's imagination with that new girl, the new look and the lack of Christopher Robin). They have already ruined my Bear, please don't say they are going to ruin my little Rygo with her pretty purple hair!!! That would be the salt thrown on the wound that is the closing of VMK.

Woot Woot!! They shove these other games down our throats, saying they are the the next best thing. What they don't get is that we already have the game we want to play, one that is great for kids and adults of all ages. None of the sites they keep mentioning can offer any of the pixie dust/magic that is VMK.
About Club Penguin, I just want to add this... I have checked out Penguins, and it is even worse then Toon Town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter