An open letter to Disney about mandatory room checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACTUALLY it was my experience at MCO that gives me that impression
Unlike the Manchester security experience, no detail was provided at all to compare the MCO experience. Hence, as stated, I'm confused.
better question , what is YOUR experience in Manchester that gives you the experience to compare the two ?
Zero. I did not compare the (or any) two airports. I remain confused how a description of a experience at MAN demonstrates that MCO is a joke :confused3
One was was bad ( really bad ) one was extremely good
It's not completely clear which is which. Was one extremely thorough, and the other not? I genuinely can't tell from this quote.
since I shared the comments I got over staying in the room till 11 .. From you .. that you decided to again comment on something pretty irrelevant for no reason ?
I rarely pay attention to whom I respond. Completely unaware that the 11 AM post and the joke/good/bad post are by the same person until this statement.

Last edited:
just being aware and reporting obvious things like weapons laying in the open.
But we don't have any way of knowing whether the room service CM reported the gun or not. He my well have, and been told it was fine. That poster - the one with the gun experience - had indicated that the resort knew about the gun.

I'm confused. How does your experience at Manchester demonstrate that MCO is a joke?

Lol so agree !! MCO is a joke .. I breezed through security hardly checked going to the UK .. but leaving Manchester England I spent a hour getting through security and not only did they dump every single thing out of carry ons but then used the wand after THAT .. they were 100% thorough...

Ok so this ( above ) was my original statement , what was confusing ? I clearing said leaving MCO GOING To the U.K. I breezed though security, in comparison to Manchester airport where I practically had to strip and dump every single thing out into separate bins to even get through PART of security.. there was a HUGE difference between the two .
I just don’t get the confusion though ... I try to be extremely clear and in this thread and MANY more it always seems like you try to stir the pot for no good reason ? Maybe boredom? Who knows .. but I was clear in each post .. Why the hostility? I am sure someone will consider this a “personal attack “ but it is not , I simply am trying to figure out why the hostility in almost every subject ? I am not one to be passive aggressive, I say what I mean .. adults ( even on line) don’t behave that way .

I have had friends staying at the resorts and had a CM burst in on them in the morning while getting dressed with no warning. And I have heard that story from others as well. That is not acceptable. There should at least be some kind of warning besides a knock and your door flying open a half second later.

Good thing they have the latches. I'll never go a night without that in use again. I'm all for them making sure the place is as safe as possible and I don't even mind the room checks, but I've heard stories of them doing it in the morning ng while people are asleep or getting dressed for the parks. That seems a bit overboard.

I think there needs to be more direction and at least some way to make sure you aren't naked in your room when they start opening your door.

My 2 bits.

I have had friends staying at the resorts and had a CM burst in on them in the morning while getting dressed with no warning. And I have heard that story from others as well. That is not acceptable. There should at least be some kind of warning besides a knock and your door flying open a half second later.

Good thing they have the latches. I'll never go a night without that in use again. I'm all for them making sure the place is as safe as possible and I don't even mind the room checks, but I've heard stories of them doing it in the morning ng while people are asleep or getting dressed for the parks. That seems a bit overboard.

I think there needs to be more direction and at least some way to make sure you aren't naked in your room when they start opening your door.

My 2 bits.

Exactly! Especially since I've heard no reports that you are being told about this new "room check". Even those that opt out of housekeeping aren't told about the mandatory daily room checks. So, only those of us here have this knowledge. Even though we should keep the latch on, based on past experiences you wouldn't expect a CM to open the door after a quick knock so you may not be as aggressive about using the door latch. If they would CLEARLY communicate what the new "room check" / Room Occupied" means, maybe all guests would be using the door latch and know that a CM will open your door after a knock. And really, a quick knock (which you may not hear if you're in the bathroom) and then they're barging in???

But we don't have any way of knowing whether the room service CM reported the gun or not. He my well have, and been told it was fine. That poster - the one with the gun experience - had indicated that the resort knew about the gun.

Don’t use my posts when you mis represent them ... I am not going into all the details BECAUSE of security but it wasn’t like your trying to use it as .. I was simply saying that do not think the checks are keeping you safe .. that’s ALL I’m gonna say in detail ..

My only thoughts on the matter are if Disney is implementing room checks, why on earth did they decide to offer guests the choice to opt out of housekeeping and pay the guest to do this. The amount of money they are spending could have gone towards an extra member of staff to go round with housekeeping and do the checks while the room was being cleaned. Or does the guest have to be in the room, and are they just checking the room in general or the guest's personal luggage. If they aren't checking luggage then I don't see the point. Metal detectors at check-in and at the car parks is another option.

My only thoughts on the matter are if Disney is implementing room checks, why on earth did they decide to offer guests the choice to opt out of housekeeping and pay the guest to do this. The amount of money they are spending could have gone towards an extra member of staff to go round with housekeeping and do the checks while the room was being cleaned. Or does the guest have to be in the room, and are they just checking the room in general or the guest's personal luggage. If they aren't checking luggage then I don't see the point. Metal detectors at check-in and at the car parks is another option.

THIS ... THIS is the whole point .. a true bad guy will not be put off by a “ check “

9A8E36DB-5510-4786-966B-E81ACDA37F50.jpeg 155688BC-CC35-4C49-9C11-4E4C8F93F04D.jpeg 8FD06601-1980-466F-91A4-AAD48C3641F5.jpeg 8FD06601-1980-466F-91A4-AAD48C3641F5.jpeg CFAEA32F-C24C-42BF-A3BC-9908E7F802A2.jpeg
I'm shocked at the number of posters who seem to have no problem with these mandatory room checks. I can promise that IF we ever stay onsite again, I'm bringing one of those wedge shaped door stops and it will be used.

As we have found out there are plenty of very nice places that do not do this .. like universal resorts and I do enjoy the embassy suites on 535 ( they have all suites with separate living room / bed room areas , free good full breakfast cooked fresh and free evening cocktails / beer and finger foods ) they also have a nice restaurant that has really good food and surprisingly not expensive which you can also have delivered by room service . If you sign up for Hilton honors you can normally find for less then most Disney values .

Attachments

• EBCE79BD-A761-49E6-AD51-7491901DEF06.jpeg
    EBCE79BD-A761-49E6-AD51-7491901DEF06.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
As we have found out there are plenty of very nice places that do not do this .. like universal resorts and I do enjoy the embassy suites on 535 ( they have all suites with separate living room / bed room areas , free good full breakfast cooked fresh and free evening cocktails / beer and finger foods ) they also have a nice restaurant that has really good food and surprisingly not expensive which you can also have delivered by room service . If you sign up for Hilton honors you can normally find for less then most Disney values .

Thanks for the heads up about Hilton honors. I will sign up asap. I agree that if Disney doesn't adjust or do away with this ridiculous practice of "room checks", then I will go offsite, even though I love being onsite. Enough is enough. Where has common sense gone?

Dual consent refers to audio , since theft is such a huge issue in hotels here PLENTY of hotel employees have been recorded and jailed from those hidden videos , you can absolutely put a nanny cam in a hotel room. I think there are many misconceptions about Florida law that people don’t understand just like other states .

In simple terms we do not feel as safe with this new security policy
I agree.

I think that this new policy is a real inconvenience to most who have experienced it, from what I can gather on the boards. I won't list all but there are many more ways that this policy can go wrong instead of going right (just read some other threads on the matter). I think Disney is in the wrong on this one.

I agree.

I think that this new policy is a real inconvenience to most who have experienced it, from what I can gather on the boards. I won't list all but there are many more ways that this policy can go wrong instead of going right (just read some other threads on the matter). I think Disney is in the wrong on this one.

Imagine all the people not on this board that have had issues .. we are only seeing what people say on here which is a small percentage of Disney guests ... they are not doing this in a guest friendly way and I have a feeling it won’t last all that long , I’m sure it’s a headache for the individual resorts dealing with angry guests .

Imagine all the people not on this board that have had issues .. we are only seeing what people say on here which is a small percentage of Disney guests ... they are not doing this in a guest friendly way and I have a feeling it won’t last all that long , I’m sure it’s a headache for the individual resorts dealing with angry guests .

Yes- and another poster said that they stayed at an off site resort recently and not only did they have a true DND sign, it was accompanied by a specific letter saying that they will honor the sign and NOT disturb you. There must have been so many guests asking and commenting about these policies that this hotel felt compelled to ease the guests' anxiety and have an additional letter along with the DND sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter