An Open Apology from Shadowryter

was admiring your work. but we understand how prioities change, and of course, family comes first. sending you positive thoughts (and pixie dust) and prayers. take care.

Wow, I had not been on this part of the forum since I was planning our trip last summer. We are leaving in 3 weeks and I did a search for your name because I love your blanks designs. The title of this thread made me click on it. I am so sorry for all you have been through all these months. Wishing you peace as things continue to move forward.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to stop by and thank you all for your continued support. Since my last post my dad's health is failing a little every day and believe it or not my mom fell...again...and broke her hip for the second time in less than 5 months. This time she shattered her femur also. Life has been hectic to say the least. I miss not being here for you but I will be restructuring my Photobucket soon and then see where I can go from there. Thanks again.:goodvibes
Linda

Linda I will put you all in my daily prayers...Your family comes first...you will not regret one moment of the time you spend with them....You are a treasure...

Linda,

Just started to read about the difficulties that you have been having and our thoughts go out to you and your family. Our Prayers and thoughts will be with you everyday.

I really appreciated the help last year with your beautiful designs and PLEASE PLEASE take the time for your family and your friends.

Thank you again and God Bless You.

Doug and family.

Linda,

I just found this thread this evening, oh my goodness..... you are certainly in my prayers, as is your mom & dad, as well as your entire family. You certainly have had your hands full. I hope things will get back to normal for you soon, or as normal as can be. I have loved your designs, as you've made them for me for the past 3 years! I look forward to your return, whenever it is ok and comfortable for you!!! Hang tough, and God Bless!!!

Mary

Linda,

Just started to read about the difficulties that you have been having and our thoughts go out to you and your family. Our Prayers and thoughts will be with you everyday.

I really appreciated the help last year with your beautiful designs and PLEASE PLEASE take the time for your family and your friends.

Thank you again and God Bless You.

Doug and family.

Linda,

I just found this thread this evening, oh my goodness..... you are certainly in my prayers, as is your mom & dad, as well as your entire family. You certainly have had your hands full. I hope things will get back to normal for you soon, or as normal as can be. I have loved your designs, as you've made them for me for the past 3 years! I look forward to your return, whenever it is ok and comfortable for you!!! Hang tough, and God Bless!!!

Mary
Thank you both. I actually thought that this thread was long ago buried. I guess not. My mom came home on May 23rd and is doing quite well considering. She is totally dependent on others which means mostly me but I don't mind. The week is filled with physical therapy, visits from a nurse and occupational therapy too. She keeps me on my toes and I would do anything for eight undisturbed hours of sleep.:upsidedow I miss DISigning and never planned on staying away this long. I have been taking some requests via pm and Photobucket comments. Gotta keep my skills alive.:rolleyes: As far as my dad goes he's ok but he has fallen out of bed 4 times within the last 3 weeks. They even moved him closer to the nurses station to keep a better eye on him but to no avail. Thanks again for your concern and know that I'm trying to get through this one day at a time. Hope to be back soon.:goodvibes
Linda

I will lift you all in prayer...it's tough caring for someone who is so needy. Sorry to hear that your dad has fallen out of bed so many times. I would hope that the side rails are up, maybe it's time for a little medicine for his agitation..There are some great meds out there for just those type of situations...Your mom is probably frustrated that she has to depend on you all the time. For your sake, I do hope you will find someone to give you a break, you can't burn yourself out or you won't be any good to anyone..I do wish I lived near you and I would give you a break daily...or nightly so you can get your much needed sleep.. I am a hospice volunteer so I know how important it is for famlies to not burn them selfs out...Hugs and prayers for you all...:littleangel::angel: :hug:

I will lift you all in prayer...it's tough caring for someone who is so needy. Sorry to hear that your dad has fallen out of bed so many times. I would hope that the side rails are up, maybe it's time for a little medicine for his agitation..There are some great meds out there for just those type of situations...Your mom is probably frustrated that she has to depend on you all the time. For your sake, I do hope you will find someone to give you a break, you can't burn yourself out or you won't be any good to anyone..I do wish I lived near you and I would give you a break daily...or nightly so you can get your much needed sleep.. I am a hospice volunteer so I know how important it is for famlies to not burn them selfs out...Hugs and prayers for you all...:littleangel::angel: :hug:
Hi Marilyn, I didn't mean to skip over you. My dad is on a mixture of many medications due to his agitation and paranoia. He has alarms on his chair and bed but the little dickens has figured out how to bypass them I guess.:rolleyes: Which is why he has been moved closer to where the nurses can keep a eye on him. I'm not burned out yet...maybe a little singed.:rotfl: We do have Elder Service's in place for my mom and she just started meals on wheels today. Yes I can cook but she had to except something and all the rest I do already; bathing, toileting, cooking, cleaning, meds...you get it. Somewhere down the line I may make a call and have them send someone to the house to help out maybe so I can just go to the market without having to watch the clock, or maybe have dinner out with my DH. Dan and and I do have a vacation coming up in the fall and our DD will be staying behind to make sure her grandmother is ok. She says that mom and dad need a break. I agree.:) Thank you for much for your concern and prayers. I'll keep things updated more often. Take care.:goodvibes
Linda

Linda, I didn't expect a reply as I know and understand what you are dealing with..I just thought I would let you know that I am thinking of you and praying for you all....Life happens, memories are made and time spent with loved ones can never be replaced...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter