• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An oldie but a newbie

MeganFyne

Mouseketeer
The last time I visited US we went on Jaws, Hanna Barbera, and my baby brother didn't take a shower again for a year after the Alfred Hitchcock experience. So... It's been a while. 25 years or so. I understand some changes have been made lol. Is there a 101 type thread or books you swear by? I'm a classic Disney over-planner, and used the Dis to begin my planning obsession about 5 years ago (I'm also a spreadsheet queen so this is right up my alley) so I trust opinions of the lovely folks here. I love Harry Potter and have a very good sport for a partner, though as I get older, I get the bouts of nausea associated with too many screen-based rides, though will ride Forbidden Journey no matter what. If anyone is willing to point me in the right direction, I'd be one of those forever grateful types! Xoxoxo!

Universal Orlando by Kelly Monaghan is the book I use but mostly I hang here and on Orlando Informer. Just a heads up for your planning : Twister ,Disaster are permanently closed to make way for new stuff. Beetlejuice is also closing on 12/3 permanently. Lucy: a tribute closed permanently. Over at IOA, Hulk is closed till summer

We just went in Sept and it was the first time in like 17 years. The only thing that was the same was the animal show and Twister! I did miss Jaws! We had a blast! I went to the US official site, read about all the attractions and made my own spread sheet! Loved Forbidden Journey....rode it twice! The 3D stuff gives me a headache but I tolerated them with some Advil! No problems with nausea. We didn't have a problem with dining waits or long ride times, so much less planning than WDW. Plus...transportation is so easy with the parks being side by side!

We just went in Sept and it was the first time in like 17 years. The only thing that was the same was the animal show and Twister! I did miss Jaws! We had a blast! I went to the US official site, read about all the attractions and made my own spread sheet! Loved Forbidden Journey....rode it twice! The 3D stuff gives me a headache but I tolerated them with some Advil! No problems with nausea. We didn't have a problem with dining waits or long ride times, so much less planning than WDW. Plus...transportation is so easy with the parks being side by side!

Even though it is nostalgic to remember the Uni Studios from 25 years ago, change can be good. Nearly everything is changed. You also get to see IOA for your first time. Unlike a WDW vacation where change happens slowly, your perspective will be all fresh experiences. Have fun! Don't uber-plan, you don't need to (especially if staying on-site deluxe).

Oh, and I use meclizine each morning before going on rides. Knocks the motion sickness right out!

Seconding Universal Orlando by Kelly Monaghan. It's been about 15 years for us and this book was a good overview of everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter