An Ohana Reunion...The Waterless Cruise...

I'm going to try for BCV. Right now I can only book two nights (that's all the points DD has left). So I'm going to try to arrange it to be there 17th thru 19th. DH is already off Monday and Tuesday and we can tack on one vacation day. We can always try to rearrange or he could suddenly have one of those mysterious Disney viruses come up if there is something planned for another day. What are sick days for -- why waste them when you are actually sick.

Airfare during the holidays is really expensive. Next year is our year to fly up to PA for Christmas. This year DD and her family drove. She is a teacher so has the time and with the cost of gas it made sense. Although she hates the 18 hours in the car, the cost of 4 round trips made it the only logical decision. The grandkids were great on the way down, but the 3 year old wasn't so cooperative on the way home.

Barbara

That would great if you can make it! :thumbsup2

We used to drive, but it got way too stressful & as much as I hate flying, it's only 3 hours of stress compared to 24! My kids were always great in the car, but DH & I....not so much! :laughing:

Thanks. I think the bulk of valuables have been located and police are canvassing the other area pawn shops. There is a requirement the shop hold it for 30 days before selling and he hasn't been there 30 days yet....

But he stole and was sleeping in my FIL used pajamas..... :confused3

That has *all kinds of crazy* written all over it! Used pajamas are like wearing used underwear.......

Des I feel the same way you do! I hate it hate it hate it! Unfortunately I love to travel & it's the only way to go so I take a couple or three Xanax by the time I'm in the air & I pass out. Seriously one just doesn't cut it for me, because I think I'm too freaked out or maybe I have a high tolerance. :confused3 Xanax also doesn't help me be any less freaked out, but it does knock me out for most of the flight. :faint:

That is my MIL...... When oldest dd, myself & MIL went to Las Vegas American actually decided (after we told them that one of us HAS to be with MIL the entire flight) to have all 3 of us sit in different parts of the plane! Luckily there was a honeymoon couple that they had split up and sat one next to dd & one next to MIL.
You can not leave a drugged up person by themselves on a plane!

Des I feel the same way you do! I hate it hate it hate it! Unfortunately I love to travel & it's the only way to go so I take a couple or three Xanax by the time I'm in the air & I pass out. Seriously one just doesn't cut it for me, because I think I'm too freaked out or maybe I have a high tolerance. :confused3 Xanax also doesn't help me be any less freaked out, but it does knock me out for most of the flight. :faint:

See..that sounds good but then I would freak out that if Tori needed anything or there was an emergency..I would be passed out (Yes..I know Richard would be on the plane...LOL) I have so many issues..I have the entire subscription! :lmao:

Actually Xanax does make me sleepy, but honestly I wake right up when one of the kids asks me something or the flight attendent comes around with drinks & snacks & then I'm back out again. Everyone's different, but Xanax doesn't make me "out of it" just sleepy. When the plane lands, I'm wide awake & raring to go without that woozy feeling that Nyquil can give me. :confused3 I imagine the average person could take one & feel sleepy but still functioning. I'm not average....I have a very high tolerance. I can't imagine why? :confused: :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Actually Xanax does make me sleepy, but honestly I wake right up when one of the kids asks me something or the flight attendent comes around with drinks & snacks & then I'm back out again. Everyone's different, but Xanax doesn't make me "out of it" just sleepy. When the plane lands, I'm wide awake & raring to go without that woozy feeling that Nyquil can give me. :confused3 I imagine the average person could take one & feel sleepy but still functioning. I'm not average....I have a very high tolerance. I can't imagine why? :confused: :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Thanks! that is encouraging and I will hope for the best. I used to tolerate flying but unfortunately..we flew home on 9/9/01 and I just haven't been able to bring myself to fly since but I am missing out!

Thanks! that is encouraging and I will hope for the best. I used to tolerate flying but unfortunately..we flew home on 9/9/01 and I just haven't been able to bring myself to fly since but I am missing out!

That's understandable, but you'll be okay. It helps me to think about the millions of people that fly safely everyday 365 days a year. Plus I've read threads about the fear of flying on the transportation board & there is a lot of encouragement & some books that were recommended. I'll never enjoy flying, but I do it & you can too! :hug:

See..that sounds good but then I would freak out that if Tori needed anything or there was an emergency..I would be passed out (Yes..I know Richard would be on the plane...LOL) I have so many issues..I have the entire subscription! :lmao:

I am fairly certain that Richard is capable of handling things.... :rotfl2: You are a control freak and you aren't even a LEO! :lmao: That's why I won't take the sleeping pills the Dr gave me...even though some nights I only *sleep* about 3 hrs.......The funny thing is that Jon is the one that gets up with the kids, NOT me! LOL!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: To relax enough to go to sleep I take a half of a valuim -- and my brother told me that the one I take is the weakest one they make....

I have to be careful...I'm way too inappropriate if I'm too *relaxed*. :rolleyes1

I am fairly certain that Richard is capable of handling things.... :rotfl2: You are a control freak and you aren't even a LEO! :lmao: That's why I won't take the sleeping pills the Dr gave me...even though some nights I only *sleep* about 3 hrs.......The funny thing is that Jon is the one that gets up with the kids, NOT me! LOL!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: To relax enough to go to sleep I take a half of a valuim -- and my brother told me that the one I take is the weakest one they make....

I have to be careful...I'm way too inappropriate if I'm too *relaxed*. :rolleyes1

I am so the control freak! Definitely not a Leo but definitely an Aquarius..although I am on the cusp..I tend to be more Aquarius.

So type A...Richard has learned to live with it. I know he is capable of handling things...now you know why "resting" after surgery was the pits for me!

I just realized that our reunion is exactly 7 months away! Ok..7 months and 1 day from when I am typing this but since it's the 15th already where most of you live...it's 7 months away!

HOLY CARPIT'S COLD it is 7:00am and -14 with a wind chill of -33. I think I will just go back home and live in my freezer it's warmer. High for today is going to be -2. East coast be ready it's heading your way. Thank God today is my Friday.

John

So the MIL situation (and I can't make this stuff up....)

After last update, she was transferred to Alzheimers section of a local nursing home where she continuted to have delusions about killing babies and other out there stuff. She's in the nursing home about a week when last Monday (10 days ago) she suffers seizures late in the day and is rushed back to the hospital. My DW is besider herself, but my BIL is there and reports several times on Tuesday that MIL is in one big seizure state, staring at ceiling but body twitching. Given that she doesn't seem to be there at all, DW decides to stay home and let BIL handle. Wednesday DW gets call from BIL, he just left MIL room in hospital. When he and my FIL got there on Wed, she was sitting up in bed, eating (which she hadn't been for 3 weeks), talking and wondering why she was in hospital with no recollection of last two weeks. After considerable conversation, there are no signs of delusions, etc.

Thursday, Friday, she is still lucid and all there (or as much as she was before....). Saturday she is discharged home. Despite the battery of tests, they can't find anything to explain the last few weeks. The theory they ended up on was a bad reaction to the generic of Wellbutrin. Apparently this type of delusional behavior is a rare, but reported side effect. Also, Wellbutrin withdraw may include involuntary twitching, etc. Turns out the Dr. in nursing home has started to discontinue a number of her meds as she was on quite a few from the guesswork of the last two weeks. One he stopped was the Wellbutrin generic.

Of course, can't just end there. On Monday, my BIL goes to house to take FIL to his monthly Dr. visit. While there he picks up phone, its local police, wanting to know the names of the FIL grandchildren. After he gives them the names, they say "what about Christopher XXXXX." BIL replies, "Funny you should ask, he's napping in next room, he's our home health aide (for FIL handicap)." They say thanks and hang up.

Five minutes later, several patrol cars pull in and block driveway and team of officers come to door and arrest the home health aide. Turns out he has been robbing my in-laws blind. Jewelry, clothes (stole my FIL pajamas), etc. etc. He attempted to pawn a ring engraved with my FIL name and the police doing routine pawn shop checks decided to check it out. Apparently the number one culprit in this type of incident is the Grandchildren, hence the questions.

So MIL is home and seems to be better, although she has lost probably 50 pounds in the last three months or so, so she is a little frail right now.

We will see.....

Thanks for all your prayers, wishes and thoughts.:grouphug:

Oh Tom......from past experience......medicine can do strange things to people. I am glad MIL is doing so much better. Please tell Ellen we will continue with good thoughts and prayers.:grouphug: :grouphug:

NOW as for the DGS.....I can't believe how someone could take advantage of his own grandparents.:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

We are officially at the BCV! :banana:

Tried to do the AKL for the 1st two days (love it there) but was told that BCV was filling fast and would need to cb on Saturday for the final 5 days of the vacation....didn't want to chance it so we are at BCV for all 7 days.

Yes from another control freak to another......I take Xanx 1 mg. to make me relaxed so my Ambien sleeping pill will work. I can be fully awake if need be in less than a minute. I have had to do this several times when an emergency came up after I just tried to knock myself out to sleep.

I am so the control freak! Definitely not a Leo but definitely an Aquarius..although I am on the cusp..I tend to be more Aquarius.

So type A...Richard has learned to live with it. I know he is capable of handling things...now you know why "resting" after surgery was the pits for me!

Stephanie and I think you must be a Leo and mistake was made. LOL;) :angel:

Yes from another control freak to another......I take Xanx 1 mg. to make me relaxed so my Ambien sleeping pill will work. I can be fully awake if need be in less than a minute. I have had to do this several times when an emergency came up after I just tried to knock myself out to sleep.

Stephanie and I think you must be a Leo and mistake was made. LOL;) :angel:

My Sis is a leo...so I am once removed...:rotfl2:

We are officially at the BCV! :banana:

Tried to do the AKL for the 1st two days (love it there) but was told that BCV was filling fast and would need to cb on Saturday for the final 5 days of the vacation....didn't want to chance it so we are at BCV for all 7 days.

That is exciting news!!!

Excited_man_2.gif

Congrats Des!!! I still can't call MS till Saturday morning & I'm starting to get nervous. A bunch of people on the DVC planning board just called for BCV for mid-august. Oh well if I end up at BWV, it's not the end of the world! :upsidedow

Congrats Des!!! I still can't call MS till Saturday morning & I'm starting to get nervous. A bunch of people on the DVC planning board just called for BCV for mid-august. Oh well if I end up at BWV, it's not the end of the world! :upsidedow

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! When Richard called..they said they were getting busy..that's why we didn't wait. There are worse places to get stuck then BWV! We can take the boat back and forth! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter