An offer from me concerning discovery shuttle---shirley?

snelsonbrown

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo
Hello there,
I got to thinking about our last shuttle launch which is due to go at 4:30 am on November 30th and just thought just maybe you would like the newspaper that will have a dedication to the years of launches. I have about every newspaper with launches and I feel they are such a treasure.

anyhow if you would like for me to send you one, just let me know - you will only have the cost of newspaper which is about 50 cents plus the postage for maybe a total of $1.00 (just guessing) I believe the kids would love to take it to school for show and tell etc.

Anyhow just let me know ok?
Hugssssssss
Shirley

Shirley

I just wanted to say that this is a very thoughtful and kind offer.
:flower3:

And would you like to adopt me? ;)

Shirley, that is extremely sweet of you and my son in particular would LOVE that because his whole first grade class theme this year is space flight. I'll send you an email!

So, when we sail out of Port Canaveral on Nov. 27 - will we be able to see it on the launch pad?

So, when we sail out of Port Canaveral on Nov. 27 - will we be able to see it on the launch pad?

Yes, you can see the shuttle from the ship (as long as it's not foggy or hazy). It is a few miles away, but you can see it - even better if you have either binoculars or a good zoom on your camera.

Hi,

My family and I were actually in FL all last week b/c we'd been invited by Maj. Gen. Bolden to see the shuttle launch. So you can imagine our disappointment when it didn't launch. We were in our rental cars on our way to Kennedy on Friday when they scrubbed it.

Unfortunately, I do not think my immediate family or my Mom & Dad will be able to make it back to FL @ the end of the month to use our invite to see it (possibly) launch then. I would love it if I could get 3 copies of the newspaper that you are talking about. Just let me know if that is doable and I will PM you my information and get the $ to you, thanks!

Best Regards!!!

First I want you all to know that there are no strings attached to this offer and no you do not have to order a gift baskets etc to get one - I just woke up and thought this is something I feel those that would enjoy getting the newspaper with this last launch would be something you can share with your family and friends - Now the best thing to do is those that want one, email me with your name and address and I will print them out and then count how many I will need and call the paper to reserve them since they will go like hot cakes - I will wrap them up and send them to you - when you get them, you will see the cost of the paper and postage and that is what you will owe - if I could, I would send them at no cost, but the cost could go over the top and it is something I just cant afford.
Try to keep the amount of copies down - like no more than 2 or 3 ok and then it will be easier for me.
It is mine and Norm's sincere pleasure to do this.
If you decide you want to go with having one, let me know as quickly as possible OK?
Hugsssssssssss
from Norm and I :)

What a nice offer! Personally, I'm hoping there is a delay so that the shuttle doesn't go up until after we arrive on Dec 3. We saw one shuttle launch from the pontoon boat to see Illuminations at Epcot. Just as we were leaving the dock, there was the streak in the sky of the launch. Very cool sight and I hope to see that one more time.

I believe the best way to get your newspaper is for you to send me a large manilla envelope that is already addressed and ask your post office about how much postage it would take and this way, all I have to do is put the newspaper in it and its off to you - would that be ok with you?
Send them to The Perfect Gift, 6550 NORTH ATLANTIC AVENUE, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920 -

I was trying to think of how many packages on Key West I use to send - remember when I would have the cruisers send me their self addressed envelopes, stamped and then I would fill them up in Key West and mail them to you? I believe I would send over a 100 or so and I now remember how I had to use the king size bed to spread out all the pamplets and then fill the large manilla envelopes and Norm and I mailed them from 2 post office there in Key West.

Now IF YOU PREFER TO DEAL WITH FLORIDA TODAY DIRECTLY, you can call them at 877-424-0156 - your preference

Hugssssssssssss to all and have a happy day

PS don't worry about the limit I set cause if I get the envelopes, I don't have to concern myself about a limit ok?

Yes, you can see the shuttle from the ship (as long as it's not foggy or hazy). It is a few miles away, but you can see it - even better if you have either binoculars or a good zoom on your camera.

from which part of the ship should we stand? we will be on the wonder on 11/28.

btw, I sent you an email - and thanks! my name will be kimberly and I also ordered a basket from you for 11/28.

Shirley,
I was wonering what the big paper in your area is? I live on the west coast of Florida and ours is the St.Petersburg Times or the Tampa Tribune. Just thinkin since i am in Florida here I may even be able to contact the paper directly. When I was a kid my parents had a subscription to the Chicago Sun Times and they used to come in the mail to our home in a cardboard tube. I thought it was cool when those came to the house because the mail man had to get out of his truck and bring it too the door and I got to see his cool uniform. lol The things you remember as a kid.

Shirley,
I was wonering what the big paper in your area is? I live on the west coast of Florida and ours is the St.Petersburg Times or the Tampa Tribune. Just thinkin since i am in Florida here I may even be able to contact the paper directly. When I was a kid my parents had a subscription to the Chicago Sun Times and they used to come in the mail to our home in a cardboard tube. I thought it was cool when those came to the house because the mail man had to get out of his truck and bring it too the door and I got to see his cool uniform. lol The things you remember as a kid.

Hello HappyGilmore
Ours is Florida Today - here is their information if you want to contact them yourself - 1-877-424-0156 and they are located in Melbourne, Florida right on US#1 - let me know how you make out ok?

Do you think I can pick the paper from you when we come for cruise on Dec 10? We will be staying in the Residence Inn.

from which part of the ship should we stand? we will be on the wonder on 11/28.

You can see the Space Center from the port (left) side of the ship. The DCL ships tie up at the port with the other side (starboard) facing the terminal, so you can see it from any open deck or verandah on the port side.

You can see the Space Center from the port (left) side of the ship. The DCL ships tie up at the port with the other side (starboard) facing the terminal, so you can see it from any open deck or verandah on the port side.

thanks!

Hello there,
I got to thinking about our last shuttle launch which is due to go at 4:30 am on November 30th and just thought just maybe you would like the newspaper that will have a dedication to the years of launches. I have about every newspaper with launches and I feel they are such a treasure.

anyhow if you would like for me to send you one, just let me know - you will only have the cost of newspaper which is about 50 cents plus the postage for maybe a total of $1.00 (just guessing) I believe the kids would love to take it to school for show and tell etc.

Anyhow just let me know ok?
Hugssssssss
Shirley

Hi shirley. What a great idea. I defanetly want three of them. Please send me a p/m with the details and where to send the money. Take care and thank you so much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter