An obsessive planner learns to go with the flow... Finished and a Link to new PTR

are you and Kya feeling any better today???

We are Ann, thanks for asking. :)

Kya bounced back really quickly. I on the other hand am not so young and perky. ;) Yesterday I tried to go grocery shopping and I always go to two stores. I didn't make it to the 2nd one because I started feeling really run down while in the first. :sad2:

I think I'm better today but haven't really done much. I'm headed out the door now so we'll see!

I hope everyone is feeling better! I doubt I'll be able to catch up on any TR updates anyone does tomorrow, so I will be back to catch up and finish reading after my trip!

I hope everyone is feeling better! I doubt I'll be able to catch up on any TR updates anyone does tomorrow, so I will be back to catch up and finish reading after my trip!

Have a great time! :banana:

Slow to update again- sorry about that! Everyone in our household seems to be feeling better and I also seem to be caught up and balancing the business aspect of things a little better. I actually managed to shower AND get caught up on the housework yesterday so that's a good sign that balance and order are returning. :lmao:

So, I left off as Jace was basking in the glory of defeating Darth Vader. Of course we had to stop at Tatooine Traders after that. Jace looked around for quite a while and ended buying a Star Wars action figure. We noticed that they had build your own lightsaber station there as well but Jace was glad he'd done his at DTD because he wouldn't have wanted to carry it around all day (we didn't know about package pick-up at this point).

Next we headed to Muppet Vision 3D.
401.jpg

I'd really been looking forward to this because I LOVED The Muppet Show when I was a little girl. Karen had also told me how great the 3D was so I was excited about this one. :3dglasses

While we were waiting to go in I reminded myself that I was supposed to stop and take in the details. I'd read on the DIS that the Muppet theater had lots of great details so this seemed like a good time to do just that. I was looking around trying to notice all the little things but it just wasn't sitting well with me. I was feeling antsy about it and I realized that it was kind of like watching a magic trick in slow motion. All of the details that Disney put into everything is what creates the magic. Breaking it down into those tiny pieces was like seeing how the trick works. Some people enjoy knowing how the trick works but I'd rather just be dazzled. I decided that I'm just naturally a big picture person for a reason so why fight it. :rolleyes1 After that I just soaked in the magic without trying to force myself to see where it came from.

All of that self-analysis happened in a very short amount of time and before we knew it we were heading into the theater and finding our seats. We LOVED this show! :love: Robbie and I both got a kick out of the old guys in the balcony and Karen was right about the animation- it was amazing! At one point the little birdie says something like, "All these people think I'm talking to them but I'm really talking to YOU," and he pops up right in your face. I looked over at Kya and she was giggling with a shocked looked on her face. She turned to me and said, "He's talking to ME!" pixiedust:

Now, I'm sure she figured it out later but in that very moment she wasn't thinking about the fact that everyone saw what she did, she really truly believed that she had been singled out and felt special. :lovestruc This was another one of those magical moments at Disney that will always be special to me.

After the show we headed into the Muppet gift shop where Kya bought some Mickey head ice cubes. She just had to have them and loves using them now. We also got Minnie ears for her costume to replace the ones that were broken in our luggage. Jace was excited to find PEZ so he had to have that. :)

We walked out and Jace saw Pizza Planet and really wanted to eat there but it was time to head to the hat for something Kya had been looking forward to...

Up next: High School Musical 3 Concert and more going with the flow...

Next time you do Muppets 3D look for the key under the mat as you enter on the right hand side! It's one of those cute details that makes me love Disney so much!

Can you believe I've never been to Muppet Vision 3D???? Tom took Zachary while I rode Star Tours with the big kids. Now I'm convinced that I have to see it next trip!!!

Amanda

Next time you do Muppets 3D look for the key under the mat as you enter on the right hand side! It's one of those cute details that makes me love Disney so much!

I knew it was there and thought about looking for it but we didn't really have much time before the show started so I didn't get the chance!

Can you believe I've never been to Muppet Vision 3D???? Tom took Zachary while I rode Star Tours with the big kids. Now I'm convinced that I have to see it next trip!!!

Amanda

I'd definately make time for it- it was fun for kids and adults! I think dh and I liked it mostly for the nostalgia factor. :goodvibes

When I left off we were heading to the HSM3 show. Jace had wanted to eat at Pizza Planet but I wanted to eat closer to the HSM show so we wouldn't have to rush after eating to get there. BIG mistake- I took wrong turn and we ended up eating after the show anyway. We sat and waited for the show for way too long and should have just gotten some pizza. Oh well, another learning moment I suppose. :rolleyes:

Kya enjoyed the show though it wasn't a favorite of hers. She liked that she knew all of the songs but the show itself was only so-so. We started out right up front...
422.jpg

434.jpg

At one point one of the CMs chose Kya to come up and dance but she was too shy to do it. She also kept looking back at Jace and Robbie sitting in the shade while we were out in the hot sun. She had me go check if they could see the show and when they could she decided front row in the hot sun wasn't worth it. We watched the rest of the show from the back but Kya could see and hear well enough to sing along with the songs so she was happy. :goodvibes

We were all starving at this point so we went to find Studio Catering Co. When we got there we found that the menu wasn't what we'd thought it would be and no one wanted to eat there. So, we ended up walking back to Pizza Planet anyway! :upsidedow

Oh. My. Goodness. When people say not to eat at lunch time they aren't kidding- it was PACKED! I was worried about making the LMA show but we were all so hungry that we just waited. In hindsight I wish we'd just found a cart and gotten a snack but we didn't- we waited in line for an hour for so-so pizza. :sad2:
448.jpg

I had the veggie and everyone else had pepperoni...
450.jpg

The salads were good and a nice change from some of the heavy stuff we'd been eating all week. Cookies and Mickey rice treats for dessert...
452.jpg

I was feeling rushed and stressed about LMA but I didn't want a repeat of the day before when I broke down and cried at the end of the day so I took a deep breath, saw that there was another show later in the day and we just decided to forgo the afternoon break (this is the point when we decided that these breaks weren't really working for us at all- another extension of our discussion the night before) and just catch the later show. I felt so much better and was just able to relax and let go once I knew we didn't need to try to leave and come back.

The decision to stay left us with three hours to do what we pleased so we strolled the SOA...
459-1.jpg

462.jpg

467.jpg

found the HISTK playground...
481.jpg

and then headed over to Pixar Place.

Up next... TSM, VotLM, and RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!

Glad you guys were able to learn from your mistakes and enjoy the day better. :)

How was the HISTK playground?

Glad you guys were able to learn from your mistakes and enjoy the day better. :)

How was the HISTK playground?

Thanks! :goodvibes

The HISTK playground was nice- the kids enjoyed it, played for about 10 minutes and were ready to move on. I saw parents with little kids looking much more harried than us though. We could just let our kids go and stand back without having to follow them into every little tunnel. There's also no place for parents to sit but the ground is nice and spongey (its that waste tire material) so its not so bad to stand on for a bit. It was a nice relaxing break to our day. :)

After leaving the HISTK playground we headed over to Pixar Place to ride TSM!!! :dance3: When we got there all but one of the FP machines was covered and a CM was standing next to the only open one. As we approached she said she was sorry but all the FPs were gone for the day. :scared1: I flashed our GAD FP cards and she smiled and said, "Unless you have one of those!" :goodvibes The stand-by line was over an hour long but we were able to walk right into the FP line and be in the ride in less than 10 minutes!
486.jpg

This ride was SO much fun! It was the unexpected that made it great- the puffs of air and never knowing when you're going to spin and move on to the next screen. It was just a blast! I also loved the theming. Jace knew right away that these weren't giant toys- we'd been shrunk down to toy size and were in Andy's room. :thumbsup2
488.jpg

The entire thing was so fun! We aren't big roller coaster people so we didn't need GAD for anything else and we hopped right back in line...
497.jpg

All together we rode three times in less time than we'd have been in the stand-by line to ride once. Robbie and I had probably had enough after the second ride but I think the kids could have ridden all day- it really is a great ride!

After we finished up with TSM we still had some time before the next LMA show so we just walked down Pixar Place toward Mickey Ave. and Animation Courtyard. We figured we'd just see what we had time for and what looked most appealing. At this point I had completely abandoned my touring plans. :rolleyes: It was starting to sprinkle a bit so we decided to duck into VotLM. I'd heard showers don't last long in Florida so I thought it might pass in the time we were in the show.
522.jpg

This was a cute show, I liked the music and the way they mixed puppetry with live actors. I do have a soft spot for The Little Mermaid- my brother is almost 12 years younger than I am and when he was little he watched this movie EVERY DAY. The music would help him fall asleep for his afternoon nap. :lovestruc My mom and I could both recite this movie line by line and sing along with all the songs. For that reason I really enjoyed this show even though it wasn't anything original.

When they opened the doors to the theater we could see that the rain had not passed! :sad2: Luckily we had the ponchos Karen had let us borrow...
525.jpg

523.jpg

We waited and waited... and waited for it to let up...

Up next... When will it stop raining and will we make it LMA??

Youre pictures are awesome!! I love the one with the castle, balloons, and the fall foliage in it on the first page. Some of the best photography I have seen on the Dis!!!!

Youre pictures are awesome!! I love the one with the castle, balloons, and the fall foliage in it on the first page. Some of the best photography I have seen on the Dis!!!!

Thank you! You're so sweet! :lovestruc I love photography and there is definatley no shortage of subject matter at Disney- I'd love to be able to go alone someday just to take pictures. :cloud9:

When I left off we'd just come out of VotLM to find that instead of beating the rain during the show it was now coming down like cats and dogs. We thought about doing the Magic of Disney Animation but decided not to- it was nearly 4 at this point and we still had hope that it would stop raining and we'd make the 4:30 LMA show. It was absolutely POURING but I kept thinking it would pass. We continued to take shelter under the awning around VotLM theater and I asked a CM if they would do the LMA show in the rain. She said it would be a modified show. :confused3 I took that to mean no fire and no jumps so not really worth hanging around in the rain. At 4:15 there was no sign of the rain letting up so we decided to brave the monsoon in our ponchos and head to the bus stop. We could have stuck around and tried to do some of the indoor stuff like MoDA, GMR, etc. but honestly, none of this stuff was high on our list of musts and didn't seem worth traipsing around in the misery to get to. We figured if it quit raining we'd do something later in the evening. Jace was really disappointed about missing LMA but he quickly cheered up remembering the JTA that morning. He left the park saying, "Not everyone can say they fought Darth Vader!"

We were lucky enough to get seats on the bus. We sat next to a woman with two small kids, both in her lap. She seemed overwhelmed by the weather, the bus, being alone, etc. Jace entertained her kids during the bus ride and she was so grateful. It just made me smile that he was so sweet with the little ones. :lovestruc

When we got back to the room it was still raining so no pool time. As an upside to our day we were greeted by this...
526.jpg

We'd had that same towel head since we checked in but the Mousekeeper added Kya's Mickey antennae and sleep mask (this child LOVES her sleep and sleeps with this every night- she's 10, lol). Kya really got a kick out of it. :laughing:

Robbie and Kya took our laundry and went to wash the clothes. I can't remember how much money he took with him but I do remember thinking it would be plenty and still he called me to see if I had more quarters! I took him a few more for the dryers- it was EXPENSIVE! While Robbie and Kya did the laundry Jace and I hung out in the room. He played with his new Star Wars action figure he'd gotten at Tattoine Traders that morning. I wrote in my journal and uploaded pictures. It was really nice to be able to just sit back and relax.

We had dinner at the resort. I purposely didn't take the camera to dinner because it was nice not to lug it around for once. We had burgers, nuggets, penne pasta, cake, cheesecake, a cookie, and a milkshake for dinner. Because of the rain the sing along that's normally by the pool was moved into the dining hall. Neither of the kids wanted to get up and sing but both were dancing by our table during dinner- they had so much fun! :dance3:

After dinner I went back to dry a few things that didn't get completely dry earlier. It had stopped raining and the laundry facilities are right next to the piano pool so the kids swam while we waited for the stuff to dry. I snapped a few pics but mostly just enjoyed the cool night...
559.jpg

The kids saw a snail by the pool and were fascinated by it- they watched it for a long time...
600.jpg

613.jpg

Kya spotted it first and was so sweet- she kept trying to get Jace's attention when he was across the pool because she was worried he was going to miss it when it started to go back into its shell. It was so nice to know she cared that much that he see the snail- they have very different personalities and while they generally get along they also bicker like an old married couple and it had been worse this week because of so much time together with so little personal space. :rolleyes:

When the clothes were dry we headed back to the room. I snapped a few more pics along the way...
624.jpg

629.jpg

When we got back to the room we decided not to try rope drop the following day. Despite the laid back afternoon and evening we were still dragging a bit and wanted to sleep in the next day. We watched a bit of TV, had some showers and then were off to bed. Speaking of showers I wanted to mention that we didn't take our own shampoo and my hair didn't feel clean all week- that was the WORST hotel shampoo I've ever used. :confused3 Just thought I'd mention it so others might consider taking their own.

Up next... Back to the Magic Kingdom!

I know what you mean about the shampoo, Hope. I didn't really like it either. I didn't feel it lathered up well.

Love your pics!! It's so too bad about the rain and you were in my favorite park!!!

It looks like you guys had a great day at HS! That was awesome that Jace got to do JTA! You all got a lot done - even if your afternoon did get rained out. Times like that seem to be a blessing in disguise though, because it can be so hard to schedule down time when there is SO MUCH to do at Disney! :laughing: They story about the snail was so cute. My kids fight like cats and dogs sometimes too, so it is nice when they have those sweet little moments when they remember that they love each other LOL! Oh, and I completely agree about the shampoo! 2 years ago, they had great shampoo, conditioner and lotion by H2O. I loved it! I actually ordered some online after our trip - it was THAT GOOD. Then last year, the resorts had some shampoo/conditioner combo (and no lotion!) and it was awful! So thanks for the reminder that I need to pack my own for our upcoming trip :goodvibes I can't wait to read more!

I know what you mean about the shampoo, Hope. I didn't really like it either. I didn't feel it lathered up well.

Love your pics!! It's so too bad about the rain and you were in my favorite park!!!

The rain was kind of a bummer but we'd been in the park all day so we got to see lots. :)

It looks like you guys had a great day at HS! That was awesome that Jace got to do JTA! You all got a lot done - even if your afternoon did get rained out. Times like that seem to be a blessing in disguise though, because it can be so hard to schedule down time when there is SO MUCH to do at Disney! :laughing: They story about the snail was so cute. My kids fight like cats and dogs sometimes too, so it is nice when they have those sweet little moments when they remember that they love each other LOL! Oh, and I completely agree about the shampoo! 2 years ago, they had great shampoo, conditioner and lotion by H2O. I loved it! I actually ordered some online after our trip - it was THAT GOOD. Then last year, the resorts had some shampoo/conditioner combo (and no lotion!) and it was awful! So thanks for the reminder that I need to pack my own for our upcoming trip :goodvibes I can't wait to read more!

We did get a lot done! We had a full day before it started to rain so it all worked out. And you're right- the forced break was good for us. :goodvibes The snail moment was one of my favorite memories- it was just so sweet.

Glad I could help with the shampoo- that's why I wanted to be sure to mention it! :thumbsup2

It sounds like you all had an enjoyable day at DHS. I also love the Muppets 3-D show. We have bought a couple of old Muppet seasons for our kids to watch and they like them.

It sounds like you all had an enjoyable day at DHS. I also love the Muppets 3-D show. We have bought a couple of old Muppet seasons for our kids to watch and they like them.

We did have an enjoyable day. :goodvibes We watched a few of the old Muppets movies on Netflix and our kids really liked those. They aren't clamoring to watch them over and over like some things but they did enjoy them.

I got my photopass cd in the mail today!! I'll get them up to share soon! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter