An Iphone App saved this family's vacation

this saved my husband's phone on several occasions. Not from thieves, but his own absentmindedness. He has left his phone places, like the florist or on the back of the car-which ended up on the side of the road, and then used GPS to track where it is and get it back.

The article states that the software he used to locate the iPhone cost him $100. It's now a free service for those with newer model iPhones and iPads, etc. :thumbsup2

That's great! I just downloaded the app too! Wonder if their is an app like this for a droid? DF got his phone stolen at a local restaurant and we are pretty much sure it was the bus boy because when we called they answered, but since it was a blackberry AT&T said they couldn't track it.

Excellent use of technology. I'm just shocked that the family would keep all of their cash, phones and CCs in a diaper bag at the pool. That's kind of stupid especially when most hotel rooms have safes. :confused:

Which app did you download for free? My market says .99 for Seek Droid. Did you download a different one?

Seek droid. Same thing as a PP posted the link for.

I have Verizon..are there different marketplaces for different providers or phones?

Seek droid. Same thing as a PP posted the link for.

I have Verizon..are there different marketplaces for different providers or phones?

I also have Verizon and went to the marketplace on my phone. I wonder how you got yours for free? I have a Thunderbolt. I don't know if the kind of phone makes a difference.

I also have Verizon and went to the marketplace on my phone. I wonder how you got yours for free? I have a Thunderbolt. I don't know if the kind of phone makes a difference.

I had to go look up what my phone is. It's a Samsung Fascinate. I just entered 'seek droid' into the search bar in the market and it pulled up the same little droid icon guy with the same stuff as the screen shots shown on the link. It's has a secret code that you text to your phone to locate it, set the alarm to ring and to wipe out the SD card. It was marked free.

ETA~ found the difference...

https://market.android.com/search?q=where's+my+phone&c=apps

scroll down and see 'Find My Phone' that's what I downloaded. It's made by the same company. And free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter