AN AP-ALOOZA with a baby! October TR turned year of Disney! NEW 2/7 AUG FINISHED!

While I *could* finish up the October TR and maybe even do a mini-December TR...I want to talk about December 2013!! Because I STILL don't have a schedule or plan or anything for it.

Details -

4 nights at VWL (first time staying here, SO SO excited!!) Thurs-Mon - flights get us in early thursday so we have all day, then fri, sat, and sun and leave morning of Monday.

I do *not* want to plan too much. I am thinking about sticking to MK and EPCOT, I feel like I can skip the Osborne lights (but might change my mind on that) and I feel like I can skip AK (even though I love the park, I really want to focus on Christmas festivities). Thinking maybe MVMCP one night; regular Wishes one night; relax one night at resort; and maybe Illuminations one night.

I need to come up with an ADR plan though because the weekend we get back from our June trip is our 180-day call in!

Places I want to eat (due to proximity at VWL mainly, or just bc I want to eat there!):

Artist Point
WCC breakfast
Kona breakfast
the NEW california grill

Any news I missed about any new restaurants at the parks??

Maybe LTT again for a lunch; maybe GFC, Narcoosees, or maybe even attempt Citricos again (the BANE of my dining at WDW existence, but I feel like i should give it another shot).

Other than those, I just don't know :confused3

OH thinking of doing a carriage ride at Fort Wilderness, and MAYBE hoop de doo but the food does NOT appeal to me.

As for Candlelight Processional I think we will skip it again, but maybe plan to be in the vicinity so we can hear it.

OK sorry this was a very random post, but any ideas or meal thoughts or Holiday stuff that I shouldn't miss, please let me know because I definitely have to work out a schedul in the next 2 weeks!!

Aw...looks like your sweetie had such a good time at the MK! And I was hoping she would get to meet Rapunzel while in her dress! :cutie:

You will like VWL! We love it!

Aw...looks like your sweetie had such a good time at the MK! And I was hoping she would get to meet Rapunzel while in her dress! :cutie:

You will like VWL! We love it!

Yes she really did! It was so fun.

I can't wait for Vwl!! I want to make sure to leave time to actually enjoy the resort too!

In response to your December 2013 planning:

We loved our meal at Artist Point last trip!

Also love Kona breakfast! (maybe we'll see you there, since we plan to go there at least once or twice in Dec. 2013)

We did the sleigh ride at Ft. Wilderness back in Dec. 2010 and really enjoyed it (except that it was super cold that night). The campers' decorations are pretty amazing.

If you are around the American Pavilion area, I think you can catch a fair amount of the Candlelight Processional.

If you have time, resort-hopping at the deluxes is good for Christmas things. The gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian is pretty cool, as is the chocolate carousel at Beach Club and the train village at Yacht Club. And you'll probably want to get some family pictures by the tree in the Wilderness Lodge, since you'll be right there. I think they usually have a Photopass person there.

In response to your December 2013 planning:

We loved our meal at Artist Point last trip!

Also love Kona breakfast! (maybe we'll see you there, since we plan to go there at least once or twice in Dec. 2013)

We did the sleigh ride at Ft. Wilderness back in Dec. 2010 and really enjoyed it (except that it was super cold that night). The campers' decorations are pretty amazing.

If you are around the American Pavilion area, I think you can catch a fair amount of the Candlelight Processional.

If you have time, resort-hopping at the deluxes is good for Christmas things. The gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian is pretty cool, as is the chocolate carousel at Beach Club and the train village at Yacht Club. And you'll probably want to get some family pictures by the tree in the Wilderness Lodge, since you'll be right there. I think they usually have a Photopass person there.

MMM i love resort hopping!! I am def going to build in time for it. I look forward to the sleigh ride, LOVE AP, and Kona too..thanks for the input!! :goodvibes

Okay, I finally sat down and hashed out a december schedule. What do you all think??

Day 1 - fly into Orlando arrive at 10AM, check into Wilderness lodge. Enjoy the resort, grab a bite to eat, etc.

Early dinner @4PM for the Hoop De Doo Musical Revue

Carriage ride afterwards at the Fort Wilderness to see campsite holiday decorations (carriage ride around 6:30 PM)

Back to resort via the boat to relax/early night

Day 2 -

Have a quick breakfast in room, head to MK via boat.

Day at MK; early lunch at Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Enjoy MK until we are done, head back to resort, later dinner at California Grill and see the Holiday Wishes fireworks from there.

Day 3 -

Sleep in

Breafast at the Ohana Character Breakfast

Day of touring the resorts - end up for a light lunch at the Grand Floridian Café, to see the gingerbread house

Maybe rent a boat this day, or just enjoy the pool.

Early dinner at Artist Point at the resort, then head to Magic Kingdom - plan to do a fireworks dessert Party this evening and then watch Wishes from the special viewing point during the dessert party.

Day 4 -

Start the day with a later breakfast at Kona Café, then head to EPCOT.

Enjoy EPCOT's holiday storytellers, decorations, etc, take an easy pace around. Lunch at Tokyo Dining; Dinner at Le Cellier, then pop over to Hollywood Studios to see the Osborne Lights before heading back to resort.

Day 5 -

Breakfast at Whispering Canyon Café, then head to airport.

***I am still working on my goal to visit every restaurant. After our June trip, what's left is: Tokyo Dining, V&A's, Hoop de doo, Poly Luau, Maya Grill @ CSR, Olivia's/ Artist's Palette (though I have no interest in visiting SSR or OKW). But, I also haven't actually been to Ohana for bfast, Tony's in YEARS, Le Cellier in YEARS, so maybe it's time to try those again.

Okay to get this October trip done I'm going to continue!

We left off after a wonderful princess meet - it was time to head back to the condo to get ready for dinner! We were finally going to Ohana for the very first time.

I had read so many amazing things about Ohana that I might have gotten a bit ahead of myself as I was a little disappointed seeing the restaurant in person. Also, i made the huge mistake of forgetting that it was only a character meal for breakfast, and had really hoped to meet Lilo and Stitch.

230889_809647612881_530875394_n.jpg

Anyway we were seated right along the main walkway at a (thankfully) very large table. I notified the server that I would like a vegetarian option, and she went on and on about this amazing hummus platter the chef could make along with a tofu/veggie dish. I was excited for the food!

9224_809647637831_1631700568_n.jpg

403663_809647742621_1310001077_n.jpg

But first I ordered a Lapu Lapu and Andrew ordered some other fun polynesian mixed drink. Dancing started nearby so I had to bring Aria up for the fun!

552619_809647777551_252968742_n.jpg

When I got back to the table our first dishes had arrived - BTW the salad was pretty good (but I am not a salad lover). I really enjoyed the noodles, and really loved the chicken skewers.

And the server came back saying they ran out of hummus so I wouldn't get that dish but brought the tofu dish. It was okay.

316376_809647937231_2081712451_n.jpg

Aria was enjoying the atmosphere!

254500_809647992121_1869667139_n.jpg

We ended up swapping drinks because my Lapu Lapu was super strong (I've had it before from the Tambu lounge and don't remember it being that strong!! but Andrew's was delicious so it worked out).

404013_809648042021_1272357088_n.jpg

577024_809648061981_152716178_n.jpg

On the other hand - dessert was FANTASTIC!!

554076_809648146811_862829400_n.jpg

Aria's very first ice cream!!

598907_809648166771_242123788_n.jpg

Don't mind the feet on the table LOL

She has her mama's sweet tooth!

530667_809648201701_2124215038_n.jpg

Overall, we did really enjoy Ohana - enough to suggest it for the one big meal that the entire family does for the June trip. The hummus platter was a bit disappointing that it never showed, and I was pretty sad about the lilo/stitch mix up (totally my fault) - so we are trying it again in a couple weeks! (Oh and side note - the tofu/veggie platter was OK. potatoes were decent, but the rest had very little flavor).

I also bought that same red/white dress for Aria in a bigger size to wear again this trip. :rotfl2:

After dinner we went to MK and caught the electrical parade (Aria was changed into PJ's)

426193_809648321461_531193031_n.jpg

(my photos are horrible so I will save your eyes and not post many)

We caught Wishes from Main St

254408_809648431241_703200275_n.jpg

And that was quite a fun final day!! We were exhausted and still needed to finish packing but luckily we did have a little time the next morning before our flight.

At the airport we had a little time so we got some food from Au Bon Pain and Aria enjoyed a little freedom before the flight

314201_809650052991_760143553_n.jpg

Playing with one of her new favorite toys

75749_809650132831_176852223_n.jpg

The flight home was uneventful and one of the easier ones from what i can remember - and that was that!

Thanks again for sticking around everyone!! Next up will be a schedule for the June trip, and then I will get to some recaps of December 2012 and March 2013 trips!

Now to bombard you with yet another post one a different trip LOL!

Our June trip is quickly approaching - just 1.5 more weeks!! I am SO SO excited for this trip - it's another 10-nighter so it feels more like a true vacation than just a quick jaunt down there. 3 day weekends are just too short IMO.

So here are our plans!

Friday May 31st - early flight down to Orlando which gets us in about Noon - pick up rental car, head to rental house - Andrew's parents are arriving around the same time so the 5 of us will get settled, then head to the grocery store to stock the house. Plan will be to get mainly breakfast foods and snack foods for Aria, plus bottled water - we are eating MOST of our meals on property (unlike most of Andrew's family - they are eating most of their meals in the house).

The house is a 6 bedroom with 2 master suites - we are getting one suite, Aria gets her own room, and Andrew's parents are also getting a suite. The others going on the trip are Andrew's twin sister and her husband, and then Andrew's older sister, her husband and her husband's two sons ages 12 and 13. Both sisters are arriving around 9-10PM that evening.

So we have reservations for Boatwrights that evening to just go and grab dessert and drinks after putting Aria to bed, to toast the vacation. We may or may not go but I thought that sounded like fun.

Day 2 -

EPCOT! The whole family is going to epcot and we hope to get a lot of family pictures with photopass.

We have lunch reservations at Biergarten with everyone but the older sister's family.

I hope to go to the wine grotto at some point during the afternoon - maybe Aria will be napping and they will let us bring the stroller in, or maybe we will hand her off to family and go in just the two of us -- possibly meeting up with Paula!

Then we have a dinner reservation for just us 3 at Monsieur Paul - I am very, very nervous about how this meal will go with Aria. Contemplating not bringing her if that works out, or trying our luck and seeing if she is good.

Ending the day with Illuminations!

Day 3-

Originally were going to go to IoA but we nixed that when we saw Aria could only ride 3 rides in the whole park. So instead we get to sleep in, have a relaxing day - thinking maybe we will go mini-golfing, to Downtown Disney, lunch at Beaches & Cream or something along those lines. This evening we have our date night scheduled for Artist Point and Andrew's parents are watching Aria.

Day 4-

MK day with the family. We have Crystal Palace scheduled for before park opening for just the 3 of us - going back and forth on cancelling that (considering her fear of characters) but I still love getting into the park early...so I'm still undecided. Hoping that we can get the rest of the family to the park before opening to get some photos as a group before the park gets too crowded (after our breakfast).

Enjoy the day at the park with possibly a mid-day break, dinner with Andrew's twin sister/husband at Be Our Guest, and then parade and Wishes that evening.

Day 5-

Andrew and I get to have another date day - this time for the Keys to the Kingdom tour! This is going to be an amazing day, and what a way to start it!! The tour lasts something like 4 hours, and Andrew's parents are watching Aria.

Afterwards, back to the house to relax, swim, etc, as we have a fun night ahead - a big family meal at Ohana and then we are treating the group to a cruise on the Grand 1 Yacht for Wishes! (my to do list for today invloves calling the Grand Floridian Private Dining line and ordering some drinks for the cruise!).

Day 6-

Andrew's twin sister and husband leave this day. The rest of us plan to go to Animal Kingdom! We have a lunch planned for Rainforest Cafe (sister's request) for the remaining group of 9, and we will just stay until we are done.

Dinner reservations with Andrew's parents at Cape May cafe - Andrew's very favorite restaurant and he is very excited to bring his parents here.

Day 7 -

DHS day - we start the day with a before-park opening breakfast at Hollywood & Vine - first time eating here! and then the rest of the family will join us in the park. We have a later lunch planned for Sci Fi Dine in, then probably back to the house for pool time. No dinner plans this evening, but may head back for Fantasmic if we are up for it!

Day 8 -

Older sister & parents leave, everyone cleans up the house and we check out. Then we go on site to the BEACH CLUB!! AHHH so excited. Staying in a studio at the BCV. Hoping we can get over as early as possible after cleaning the house, but didn't make any lunch plans just in case. Will just enjoy the resort this day, and then we have dinner reservations at Flying Fish - can't WAIT to be on the boardwalk again. It definitely feels like home. IF we ever buy into DVC, I think it would have to be at the BCV.

Day 9 -

Animal Kingdom again for EMH, then Sanaa for lunch (YUM might be my favorite - I always get the same thing but just love it!!).

Back to resort after lunch then spend the evening at EPCOT and eat dinner at Via Napoli - also very excited to return here!!

Day 10 -

Plan is to go to WCC for breakfast then head to MK for the day. It's always fun to get a little taste of our next trip by going to the resort (or, going back to a previous resort to reminisce about the trip, like we are doing on our first day by going to Boatwrights!).

Chef Mickeys for dinner - HOPING that by this time Aria is more settled into the routine of seeing characters and doesn't freak out - we had such a great experience here before that I really want to have another great meal!

Day 11 -

We will check our luggage, check out, and then head to the airport. I thought our return flight was later so we could spend the morning at EPCOT, but apparently not. Might go see if I can change that... :lmao:

So that's the trip!! Whatcha think??

Loved your review and your new trip looks great. I'll be going home when you are arriving on the 31st. Have a great time :)

Wonderful plans for June!

I was thinking of adding Monsieur Paul but I think I will hold off on that this trip.

I do have an ADR planned at Artist Point on the same night as you so if I don't run into you at Tutto Gusto hopefully I will see you there!

I will send you my phone # on FB though so we can text to see if we are in teh same place at the same time.

Loved your review and your new trip looks great. I'll be going home when you are arriving on the 31st. Have a great time :)

Oooh hope you have a great trip too! Thanks!!

Wonderful plans for June!

I was thinking of adding Monsieur Paul but I think I will hold off on that this trip.

I do have an ADR planned at Artist Point on the same night as you so if I don't run into you at Tutto Gusto hopefully I will see you there!

I will send you my phone # on FB though so we can text to see if we are in teh same place at the same time.

I am NOT impressed by the menu for Monsieur Paul - so combine that with the worry about Aria's behavior and definitely better to swap out those meals this go around. would be nice if they had 1 vegetarian dish!!

Already made changes - swapped out Monsieur Paul for Restaurant Marrakesh - I think the music and belly dancing might keep Aria entertained and I really enjoy the food (though, it has been over 9 years since I ate there last!).

Also, I moved our flight home to later in the day and made a breakfast ADR at Kouzzina - we last ate there in 2007 so it will be fun to return, then we will head to EPCOT until it's time to go to the airport. Sounds like a nicer last day than leaving first thing in the morning! :goodvibes

Already made changes - swapped out Monsieur Paul for Restaurant Marrakesh - I think the music and belly dancing might keep Aria entertained and I really enjoy the food (though, it has been over 9 years since I ate there last!).

Also, I moved our flight home to later in the day and made a breakfast ADR at Kouzzina - we last ate there in 2007 so it will be fun to return, then we will head to EPCOT until it's time to go to the airport. Sounds like a nicer last day than leaving first thing in the morning! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

I've been out of the loop! Sorry for being a bad DIS friend! You're planning another trip? We will be going to Epcot (lunch ADR at Biergarten yum!) when our ship stops in Port Canaveral but we're not really going back until 2014 or 2015. I'm jealous!

I've been out of the loop! Sorry for being a bad DIS friend! You're planning another trip? We will be going to Epcot (lunch ADR at Biergarten yum!) when our ship stops in Port Canaveral but we're not really going back until 2014 or 2015. I'm jealous!

Lol we have another trip in 1.5 weeks with dhs family and then a holiday redo trip in December. Haven't thought about 2014 yet except I def want to go back for my birthday.

When is your cruise??

No apologies needed I disappeared for like 4 months...whoops!

I can't believe I missed out on your updates earlier this month. Welcome back! I was stalking your TR when we were getting ready for our trip at the end of January because Aria is so close in age to DD. Now I'm anxious to hear about your upcoming trips because we will be back there at the beginning of December before heading off for a week on the Fantasy. I'm getting DD all set for our trip... she already has a Cinderella and an Aurora dress that will fit her this trip (and others for the future)!

BTW, DD also had a Minnie birthday for her first birthday!

Lol we have another trip in 1.5 weeks with dhs family and then a holiday redo trip in December. Haven't thought about 2014 yet except I def want to go back for my birthday.

When is your cruise??

No apologies needed I disappeared for like 4 months...whoops!

I think we may go in late Oct/early November for 2014 or early in 2015. We want to want until Fantasyland is finished. I don't want to go too early and miss out on the mine coaster.

We are going October 20 out of NYC on the Norwegian Breakaway. The ship looks amazing and we can't wait! It stops in Port Cavaneral on the 22nd and since I get free TA tickets why not go? So we will be in Epcot for the day!

I can't believe I missed out on your updates earlier this month. Welcome back! I was stalking your TR when we were getting ready for our trip at the end of January because Aria is so close in age to DD. Now I'm anxious to hear about your upcoming trips because we will be back there at the beginning of December before heading off for a week on the Fantasy. I'm getting DD all set for our trip... she already has a Cinderella and an Aurora dress that will fit her this trip (and others for the future)!

BTW, DD also had a Minnie birthday for her first birthday!

Well i did sort of come back randomly after a loooong hiatus!! So how was your trip!?!? How exciting to go on a cruise with her!! I am dying to do that...maybe next year...:idea:

I hope her 1st birthday was a blast! I enjoyed doing the Minnie theme, no clue what we will do for the next one!

I think we may go in late Oct/early November for 2014 or early in 2015. We want to want until Fantasyland is finished. I don't want to go too early and miss out on the mine coaster.

We are going October 20 out of NYC on the Norwegian Breakaway. The ship looks amazing and we can't wait! It stops in Port Cavaneral on the 22nd and since I get free TA tickets why not go? So we will be in Epcot for the day!

Yeah I can't wait for the mine coaster!! How fun to get a day at Disney with the cruise, jealous you'll get to see F&W! I want to go back just for that, maybe without Aria...haha...

Really enjoyed your TR, Lauren! I'm so glad you came back & finished. :goodvibes

That dress Aria wore to 'Ohana is ADORABLE! Fits so perfectly!! She looks so cute with the two leis on. :lovestruc The dessert there really looks delicious.

Your June plans sound great as well. That's great that you & Andrew will be getting a bit of alone time, especially to do KTTK. DH and I LOVED that tour when we took it in '09! It's a lot of walking, but it was great getting all the background info on the parks, some of the rides, learning some of the visual tricks they use on HM, etc. I think y'all will have a great time with that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter