An Anniversary Trip to Remember with a Sprinkling of Dis Divas!

Loving your report. My DD9 is following along to look at the pictures. We have a trip planned in June and the last time she was there she was only 2 and doesn't remember.

Loving your report. My DD9 is following along to look at the pictures. We have a trip planned in June and the last time she was there she was only 2 and doesn't remember.

Welcome and thank you!! June will be here before you know it!!!

We wanted to see the show~~Mickey & the Magical Map, so we walked past Small World and got in line to enter the Fantasyland Theater.

Mickey & the Magical Map......fun show with Mickey going on an adventure through different Disney stories. Lots of singing & dancing.

Jungle Book section of Mickey & the Magical Map.

Pocahontas section.

Mike switched from pictures to video, so the pictures dwindled away for the rest of the show. I did get a few on my iPhone that I am sharing.

Stitch, Little Mermaid section, Yensid the Sorceror & the Princess & the Frog section.

Forgot to mention, I got very distracted by the 2 sign language interpreters that were to the right of the stage. They were very animated & entertaining. Not only did they sign what was being said, but they were acting out the parts. They were AMAZING!! I actually went and spoke to them after the show. It was nice seeing them really enjoying & exuding joy as they interpreted for the hearing impaired at the show.

Great so far! Can't wait until we are there to celebrate our 25th next month! :dogdance: I look forward to reading more! :daisy:

Yay! Love those pics! Somehow that show totally fell off my radar in Oct and we never saw it! Arrg! Glad I could enjoy your pictures at least!

Wow!!!!! I'll have to get the buttons for my parents (their 25th anniversary is tomorrow). Here's my current TR:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/whos-on-vacation-we-are-a-panama-canal-2015-trip-report.3411781/

Happy Anniversary to your parents!!

What a lovely idea to celebrate your anniversary in Disneyland! I look forward to following along

Welcome!!
Great so far! Can't wait until we are there to celebrate our 25th next month! :dogdance: I look forward to reading more! :daisy:

Thanks Kelly!

Yay! Love those pics! Somehow that show totally fell off my radar in Oct and we never saw it! Arrg! Glad I could enjoy your pictures at least!

I had missed it the other times we were there, so I told Mike I really wanted to make sure we got up to it. It was worth it!!

After the Mickey & the Magical Map show, then next stop was on Main Street to watch the Soundsational Parade. We passed by Alice in Wonderland ride.

We wanted to be on the Frontierland side of Main Street, so if we needed to leave early to get to our dinner reservation, we didn't have to mess with crowds & such. We ended up standing (leaning/sitting on the metal fence in front of Jolly Holiday). Ended up meeting a super nice couple that had a special needs child, so we talked as we waited for the parade to start.

Mickey's Soundsational Parade~~Mickey & Friends!

Aladdin section of the parade.

The next section was Ariel/Little Mermaid.

Donald Duck & his Three Caballeros Friends....Jose' Carioca & Panchito Pistoles.

The Princesses then graced us with their presence & beauty.

Last edited:
The final section is Mary Poppins. Absolutely love the chimney sweeps....they were really good!!

As soon as the parade went by, we made a dash to New Orlean's Square for our dinner reservation at Blue Bayou. We checked in & requested either water side or on the edge somewhere. I don't do well in enclosed spaces or big crowds, so I like being in the back of crowds or on the end to keep me from getting panicky. (we ended up on the side)

We had about a 10 minute wait before we were shown to our table. The menus are back lit.....very cool and makes it much easier to read the menu in the dark restaurant. We were doing the Paint the Night Dining Package ($62/adult & $25/kids 3-9). You get an Appetizer, Entree & Dessert as well as a drink.

The Allergy Menu.

Inside the restaurant.

The rolls/bread brought to the table. I was given an overly microwaved gluten-free roll. (only complaint of the entire meal)

Our appetizers......I had the Shrimp Boil Cocktail & Mike had the Gumbo.

Our waiter was kind enough to get a couple pictures of us.

Time for the entrees: I ordered the Surf & Turf and Mike got the Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb.

Finished our excellent meal with desserts......I ordered the Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee and Mike got the Fondant Chocolate Cake.

This was hands down our favorite meal on our trip!! Service was good, the ambiance was good and the food was delicious!!

Mike got a few pictures as we headed back towards Main Street from New Orlean's Square.

Nice update. The meal at BB looked amazing. So do you just get a piece of sidewalk to sit on or actual chairs for pain the night?

Great photos of the parade and Blue Bayou. Thank you so much for including photos of the allergy menus. That is very helpful information.:)

Nice update. The meal at BB looked amazing. So do you just get a piece of sidewalk to sit on or actual chairs for pain the night?

The meal was amazing!! So I will get more into the seating in my next posts. No chairs....I will give you that!

Great photos of the parade and Blue Bayou. Thank you so much for including photos of the allergy menus. That is very helpful information.:)

Thank you......I try to get the allergy menu when possible. Sometimes Mike forgets to get pictures......but I order off this menu, so we usually see one (if available).

Sounds like a very fun trip! Great to see the aerial photos of Catalina and DLR, lemonade from lemons!

PHXscuba

So after dinner, we had time before the parade....we did a little shopping!! I picked up some ears for the Make-A-Wish campaign for a friend and myself and then made my big purchase of a 60th Anniversary Blue Dooney & Bourke Purse!! She's a real beauty.....I will have a picture to share after we returned to our room at the end of the night.

We checked in to see when the roped off, reserved area would be open for us to go in & sit. This is just sidewalk out past Carnation Cafe (in front of the shops). There would be room for some to sit and the rest would have to stand behind the sitters. We decided to hang out in the area, close by so we didn't miss out on lining up so we could get a "sitting" spot. They would not be opening the area until 30 minutes prior. I asked if the area was already roped off, why we couldn't sit down.....but they said they had to keep it fair to everyone that had a reserved ticket. I think it's totally stupid and so did a number of other families doing the same thing we were. We were told we could not loiter around the ropes. So we moved more into the street with a few other people to wait until they would let us line up. (annoying.........) Mike used this time to take night time pictures of Main Street.

We finally were allowed to line up & Mike & I got the last sitting spots available. Everyone else had to stand and they weren't happy about it........ A lot of grumbling that they paid good money for a seat and they could have sat down on the curb elsewhere and gotten a seat for the show. (which was true.....up to about 45 minutes prior to the parade, there was still empty real estate)

While we waited for the parade, Photopass photographers walked the crowd and offering to take pictures with the Paint the Night parade signs. This is off Mike's camera.....kinda wish Mike would have lowered his knee a bit......I'm hiding pretty good!! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter