An Anniversary Trip Full of Favorites-May 2012 PTR!*TR Link 5/14 & Question 5/15 p32*

This is odd... You are the third friend of mine who's had to put a pet down in recent weeks :hug:

I'm sorry, honey. At least she's not hurting anymore. :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.:sad1: Pets are part of the family, and that's such a sad part of being a pet owner. The silver lining in all of this is that she spent her last day being loved and adored by her "mom.":hug:

I'm a lurker on your TR but I wanted to pop in and saw how sorry I am for the loss of your beloved and beautiful kitty. You guys are in my thoughts. ((((HUGS)))))

Oh my Jen! I am so sorry to hear this!!!! :sad2:

I can not imagine how you are feeling right now!
At least she had a few good hours with you before Brandon took her to the vet.
Just remember the good times and that she is not suffering anymore!

:hug: i'm here if you need me :hug:

I know how difficult it is to lose a pet. :guilty: I'm so sorry for your loss. We are all here for you to listen when you need us. :grouphug:

:grouphug: I was just reading your latest update regarding Nina. I am so, so sorry. :grouphug: 15 is obviously a long time for a cat. I have a 16 year old senior cat myself, who will be 17 in June. I've noticed he has lost a lot of weight recently and has not been eating as much. I've been getting him to eat and keeping an eye on him for any other signs that he might be in distress, but so far he seems okay otherwise. It's so hard to make that decision but I know it's probably going to come sooner rather than later for my Micki kitty too. I've had him since he was only 2-3 weeks old, I bottle fed him and pretty much raised him...which makes it THAT much harder. I keep telling myself though that he has lived a GREAT life and I won't do anything drastic to try to keep him around if I feel that it is his time. I'm hoping I can be strong about that but I'm sure in the end it won't be easy.

Hopefully your trip being SO close right now will be just the right thing to keep your mind off your loss for a while. Until then, here are a few more of these:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Jen, I am so saddened by your loss. I don't know what I'm going to do when I lose my girls (especially with Bailey having so many issues of late) but I do know that I'm going to do my best to hold on to all the sweet fluffy memories I have of them. I'm sure she knew just how very much she was loved.:hug:

Jen, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Nina. I had tears in my eyes as I read your post. I've never had to go through that, but we have an 11 year old dog, and I know how much she means to me and my family. I can't imagine your pain and sadness.

Hope you'll remember your good times with Nina, and know that she had a good life! Hugs to you! :hug:

Awwww... I'm sorry to hear about that, Jen. It's tough doing the right thing sometimes, isn't it? I send my condolences since I know how tough it is to put down a beloved pet. :sad1: What a way to put a damper on a one digit dance update :sad2: Here's a :hug: to make you feel better. :-)

Thank you. :goodvibes It was hard making that decision but I know it was best for Nina, although yesterday I was really doubting myself. So happy I have the DIS to distract myself for an hour or two and such great people on here to make me feel a little better! :thumbsup2

I am so sorry for your loss. Today is my cat Maggie's 13th birthday. She is my "follow me everywhere" cat, and as crazy as it can make me to always have her underfoot (or practically on top of me when we sleep), I know I'll be devastated when she's no longer with us. We lost our cat, Mushu, four years ago very suddenly to diabetes. My DS19 has autism, and we got Mushu when he was 6 weeks old and DS was only 5. He was my son's best and ONLY friend for nearly 10 years. When we found out that he was sick, we managed his care with daily injections and he seemed to be doing well, but then took a sudden turn for the worse. The vet was able to come to our house to put him to sleep. It was a very difficult day for our whole family, but we were lucky to have him in our lives. Funny thing is, I don't even consider myself a "cat person" but I can't begin to tell you how greatly his loss afftected our family.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss, and I hope you can take a little comfort in knowing that she won't be in pain anymore.

:hug:

Thank you :goodvibes I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your cat as well, that had to be hard for all of you, especially your DS. :sad1: It's so hard losing a pet.

I am so, so sorry for your loss....no words can ease the pain...I hope time will....I'm really sorry about your kitty....

Thank you so much. :goodvibes

Jen, I am so sorry to hear about Nina. As much as it hurts us, making that decision when it is time is the best thing we can offer.

Thank you. :goodvibes It was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make, of course, I asked Brandon and my mom what to do, but ultimately, it was my decision and it was awful. I miss my little kitty so much. :sad1:

Jen, I'm so sorry about Nina. Pets are important members of the family. I wish you peace and comfort as you deal with this loss.

Dee

Thank you :goodvibes Losing a pet is just as hard as losing a family member, I think. I'm glad I got to have her for as long as I did. :)

Jen, I am so so sorry to hear that. It seems like you and Nina had a very special relationship, and losing a pet is never easy. I'm glad you got to say a nice goodbye at home, and no matter how hard the decision, it seems it was the right one. I bet she's very happy in Heaven right now. (It may sound weird but I do believe animals go to Heaven! :littleangel:) I understand that you don't feel like dancing today but I do hope that Disney will help you through this time! I hope you're able to have a peaceful night.

Thank you :goodvibes We did have a special relationship, Nina was my baby, she liked other people, but she was really my little cat. I miss her so much, I came home and expected her to follow me into my room like she always did and meow at me but she wasn't there today, it was sad realizing that will never happen again. :sad1:

And it's not weird at all, I believe animals go to Heaven to, it comforts me a little to think she's with my Angelica and my chinchilla, who I lost a few years ago as well. She always liked him. :littleangel:

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about Nina. :sad1: I know that nothing will make it stop hurting right now but just know we all are here for you and support you. :hug: It's the hardest decision pet owners have to make. I am sure she's watching over you and wishing you some comfort too. :littleangel:

Thank you so much :goodvibes I'm a little better today than I was yesterday, but it's still so hard to think about never seeing my Nina again. :sad1: Right now it seems like the best thing I can do is distract myself, which is why I'm on the DIS right now, I need some Disney TR's to cheer me up!

I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. I teared up when I was reading your post b/c I know how much pets touch our lives. We have two cats and I love them so much. (So much so that when Greg was making a comedic reference to one of them on our flight to Orlando, I started to cry b/c I missed them so much.) Do something in honor of your precious kitty. Make a photo collage or go to Things Remembered and get a special frame engraved. Pretty soon all that sadness will be filled with all of the wonderful memories of her. :hug: Sending you lots of hugs tonight!!!

Thank you for the hugs :goodvibes I'm sorry I made you tear up, I was wondering if I should even post this on here, but I just wanted to tell you guys since I think of my DIS friends as real friends now.

I always miss my cats when we go away, when we're in Disney, sometimes I say to Brandon "what do you think the cats are doing now" and then we talk about what we think each one is doing. I love my cats like they are my children. I like your idea of doing something to honor Nina, I will have to think about it. :goodvibes

Oh Jen - your post left me in tears because I can only imagine how terrible you feel. My friend P just had to put her dog down on Monday. He also had cancer and started to get sick while we were in Williamsburg this weekend. I just stopped by to see her and her DH today and they are both still so, so sad. I am glad your kitty got to spend her last hours by your side. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you :goodvibes I'm so sorry I made you cry. :( Maybe I really should not have posted this here. I'm so sorry for your friend and the loss of her dog. :hug: Losing a pet is just so awful, it's so hard to get over. You don't get the time and understanding from a lot of people that you do when a family member dies, because a lot of people aren't "animal people". My friend and I that I work with were just saying how we should have bereavement days for when you lose a pet just like when you lose a family member. I'm glad I got to spend those last few hours with Nina, I will always remember that. :)

This is odd... You are the third friend of mine who's had to put a pet down in recent weeks :hug:

I'm sorry, honey. At least she's not hurting anymore. :hug: :hug:

Hey you! :hug: Thank you so much. :goodvibes I'm glad my poor kitty isn't in pain anymore, but I still miss her so much. :sad1:

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Death sucks. :hug:

Thank you. :goodvibes You're right, death does suck. :sad1:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.:sad1: Pets are part of the family, and that's such a sad part of being a pet owner. The silver lining in all of this is that she spent her last day being loved and adored by her "mom.":hug:

Thank you :goodvibes Wow, reading everyone's kind words are making me cry right now. :sad1: My Nina was definitely part of my family, and now there is so obviously someone missing, it's awful. I'm so happy I spent those last hours with her, I just pet her and told her how much I loved her and she purred the whole time. I tried to make her as happy as I possibly could. :angel:

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty! :sad1:

Thank you so much :hug:

I'm a lurker on your TR but I wanted to pop in and saw how sorry I am for the loss of your beloved and beautiful kitty. You guys are in my thoughts. ((((HUGS)))))

Thank you :goodvibes She was the most beautiful little kitty, I miss her so much. :sad1:

Oh my Jen! I am so sorry to hear this!!!! :sad2:

I can not imagine how you are feeling right now!
At least she had a few good hours with you before Brandon took her to the vet.
Just remember the good times and that she is not suffering anymore!

:hug: i'm here if you need me :hug:

Thank you :goodvibes I'm still very sad, but at least I'm doing a little better than I was yesterday. I'm so glad she was by my side her last few hours, I know she was as happy as she could have been, even in so much pain. :sad1: Thank you so much for being here and letting me talk about this with you all, I love the DIS. :hug:

I know how difficult it is to lose a pet. :guilty: I'm so sorry for your loss. We are all here for you to listen when you need us. :grouphug:

Thank you so much. :goodvibes I'm so happy to have such great DIS friends who are all so wonderful and supportive through this awful time. :hug:

:grouphug: I was just reading your latest update regarding Nina. I am so, so sorry. :grouphug: 15 is obviously a long time for a cat. I have a 16 year old senior cat myself, who will be 17 in June. I've noticed he has lost a lot of weight recently and has not been eating as much. I've been getting him to eat and keeping an eye on him for any other signs that he might be in distress, but so far he seems okay otherwise. It's so hard to make that decision but I know it's probably going to come sooner rather than later for my Micki kitty too. I've had him since he was only 2-3 weeks old, I bottle fed him and pretty much raised him...which makes it THAT much harder. I keep telling myself though that he has lived a GREAT life and I won't do anything drastic to try to keep him around if I feel that it is his time. I'm hoping I can be strong about that but I'm sure in the end it won't be easy.

Hopefully your trip being SO close right now will be just the right thing to keep your mind off your loss for a while. Until then, here are a few more of these:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Thank you so much. :goodvibes I know 15 is pretty old for a cat and I know she had a good life, but I wish I just had a little while longer with her, it was just so sudden. :( I hope you have a lot more time left to enjoy with your kitties. :hug:

I'm glad my trip is almost a week away, I need to get away from here for a few days and be immersed in Disney magic. :wizard:

Jen, I am so saddened by your loss. I don't know what I'm going to do when I lose my girls (especially with Bailey having so many issues of late) but I do know that I'm going to do my best to hold on to all the sweet fluffy memories I have of them. I'm sure she knew just how very much she was loved.:hug:

Thank you :goodvibes Awww, sweet fluffy memories, I like that. :) I hope Nina knew how much I loved her, I'm sure she did since she was always with me and I was always telling her. :angel:

Hugs, Jen. :hug: I'm so sorry for your loss. Hoping you find some comfort soon.

Thank you so much. :goodvibes

Jen, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Nina. I had tears in my eyes as I read your post. I've never had to go through that, but we have an 11 year old dog, and I know how much she means to me and my family. I can't imagine your pain and sadness.

Hope you'll remember your good times with Nina, and know that she had a good life! Hugs to you! :hug:

Thank you. :goodvibes Oh no, another one I made cry, I'm so sorry! :hug: I'm glad you have never had to go through losing a pet, it is awful, I hope your dog will be around for a long, long time. :hug: I miss Nina so much right now, but I am glad I have so many wonderful memories of her. :cat:

I am so so sorry to hear about your Kitty. It makes me cry whenever I hear about someone losing a pet, as I know all too well what that's like. I lost two cats, both too young - one from cancer and one from some crazy auto-immune disease. DH was in the room with both of them because, like you, I just couldn't bring myself to be there.

Just know, that many of us know what you're going through and as much as I'd like to say it will get easier, that used to make me so mad when people would tell me that. I kept saying, I don't want it to get easier because that means I'm forgetting about him. (I'm bawling right now as I'm typing this btw!) It's been two years since we lost Jack and I miss him every day. :hug:

Jen, I am home alone and I have tears running down my cheeks. I am so sorry for your loss. Our pets really are our family and it is so hard when it is time for one of them to go. Sending you a big :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing pets is so hard. You did the right thing putting her down so she didn't have to suffer. She is no longer in pain. I hope the trip is able to distract you from this sad time. :hug:

I'm so sorry, Jen! I know how hard it is to make that decision...i had a cat that had kidney cancer that we had to let go, too. It's so strange how they'll be perfectly fine then one day it all just kicks in and it all goes downhill pretty fast. I know it sucks but you made the right decision. Hope you feel better soon! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter