An already overplanned, April 2013 PTR.

Well, husband decided to change his lunch plans for our Epcot day...AGAIN. We just can't decide on food at Epcot! :rotfl:He decided he wanted to try La Cantina de San Angel. So I'm off to cancel Rose and Crown.

We've also decided that since AK extended their park hours by an hour, we will be eating in the park instead of waiting until we leave the park to get something off-site. We aren't going to do another ADR, we're going to hit a CS. I have no clue which one though...Off to read menus...for the 1,369th time.

I'm going to add some of my "organizing" tools. :goodvibes I'm planning on wearing a lanyard with a little pouch on it, to keep my cards and such in. For every day I made a card with our dining info, and that will be to the outside on one side of the pouch, and another card that lists parade times and such for the other side. That way that info will always be right on hand. I'm constantly tweaking these, so they probably aren't done, (I know the dining aren't because our AK dinner place isn't on there yet...) but it gives an idea.

diningcardredux-Copy_zpsbec8e1d0.png

schedulecards-Copy_zps5dd8d354.png

I've also made an LGMH!

Mickey_Head_Outline_zps58809c5f.jpg

And letters to the kids from their favorite characters!

annabelleletter_zps5672987d.png

nickletter_zps368366be.png

cordellletter_zps375beb8b.png

Now I'm working on car games. I'm keeping myself busy! Too few days and no "planning" left, it drives me bonkers so I keep myself busy on this stuff.

Well, husband decided to change his lunch plans for our Epcot day...AGAIN. We just can't decide on food at Epcot! :rotfl:He decided he wanted to try La Cantina de San Angel. So I'm off to cancel Rose and Crown.

We've also decided that since AK extended their park hours by an hour, we will be eating in the park instead of waiting until we leave the park to get something off-site. We aren't going to do another ADR, we're going to hit a CS. I have no clue which one though...Off to read menus...for the 1,369th time.

Epcot is always the most difficult park for me to plan meals in as well. So many options!
For the Animal Kingdom, I'm planning on Flame Tree BBQ this time around, but we'll see how it goes. I LOVE the Honey Chicken at the CS place outside Yak & Yeti.

Epcot is always the most difficult park for me to plan meals in as well. So many options!
For the Animal Kingdom, I'm planning on Flame Tree BBQ this time around, but we'll see how it goes. I LOVE the Honey Chicken at the CS place outside Yak & Yeti.

We're having trouble with AK right now. Flame Tree sounds awesome, but so does the Yak and Yeti CS... We might just play it by ear, whichever we are closest to when we are hungry.

We're having trouble with AK right now. Flame Tree sounds awesome, but so does the Yak and Yeti CS... We might just play it by ear, whichever we are closest to when we are hungry.

The issue I've always had with Flame Tree is that it's not really near anything, unless you're hanging out in Camp Mickey-Minnie or in the Baby Care Center.

The issue I've always had with Flame Tree is that it's not really near anything, unless you're hanging out in Camp Mickey-Minnie or in the Baby Care Center.

I thought Flame Tree was on Discovery Island, kind of close to Dino Land? We were talking about it last night and thought that since FT and Y&Y were kind of close, we could do both since a couple of us are interested in Y&Y and the picky eaters would be better off with FT. I hope I'm not confused about where FT is located. It would not surprise me though!

I suffered a major tragedy on Friday. My computer bit the dust. My hard drive is fried. I lost EVERYTHING. All my notes, and my plans, all the things I made, my browser with all my bookmarks...323 days worth of Disney research, gone in a second. :headache::sad2:

I suffered a major tragedy on Friday. My computer bit the dust. My hard drive is fried. I lost EVERYTHING. All my notes, and my plans, all the things I made, my browser with all my bookmarks...323 days worth of Disney research, gone in a second. :headache::sad2:

Oh no! You don't backup everything? I hope you can get everything back.

Oh no! You don't backup everything? I hope you can get everything back.

My husband took my external hard drive last March to put some stuff on iy from his computer, and like a stupid head, I never hooked it back up to my computer and backed everything up. :rolleyes2 It makes me sick thinking of how stupid I was... Nothing could be gotten of the hard drive. It was fried.

The size of our cast has been reduced by one.:sad:

My brother, who is in college, missed some days last month due to having the flu, and now he can't miss more than 3 more days this semester in one of his classes. (Strict professor.) :sad2:

I never though I would be so sad saving money.

I thought Flame Tree was on Discovery Island, kind of close to Dino Land? We were talking about it last night and thought that since FT and Y&Y were kind of close, we could do both since a couple of us are interested in Y&Y and the picky eaters would be better off with FT. I hope I'm not confused about where FT is located. It would not surprise me though!

I just looked at the map again, and it seems I was the one who was confused about the location (I was thinking Flame Tree was where Pizzafari is).
We haven't spent a lot of time in Dinoland in the past, and have usually ended up eating at Restaurantosaurus if we're there. For the last few trips, we've eaten at the Yak & Yeti counter service, because I love the Honey Chicken.

That's a bummer. At least you have this PTR, so some of your planning is backed up!

The size of our cast has been reduced by one.:sad:

My brother, who is in college, missed some days last month due to having the flu, and now he can't miss more than 3 more days this semester in one of his classes. (Strict professor.) :sad2:

I never though I would be so sad saving money.

I'd be super bummed if my sister said she wasn't coming with us. The reason we invited her was because I really want her there. If the money was an issue, I wouldn't have invited her.

I'm sorry he can't come. Just another reason to plan another trip!:thumbsup2

I just looked at the map again, and it seems I was the one who was confused about the location (I was thinking Flame Tree was where Pizzafari is).
We haven't spent a lot of time in Dinoland in the past, and have usually ended up eating at Restaurantosaurus if we're there. For the last few trips, we've eaten at the Yak & Yeti counter service, because I love the Honey Chicken.

That's a bummer. At least you have this PTR, so some of your planning is backed up!

I'd be super bummed if my sister said she wasn't coming with us. The reason we invited her was because I really want her there. If the money was an issue, I wouldn't have invited her.

I'm sorry he can't come. Just another reason to plan another trip!:thumbsup2

I am really upset my brother can't come. The money was never an issue, in fact, we had decided we were going to invite (and pay for) his girlfriend to come with us. She had previously been unable to get away but things changed and she would be able to.

Such a bummer about your brother, and your hard drive :sad1:

But on a happy note, I LOVE your calendar and the letters from the characters- may have to steal that :goodvibes My DD has been obsessed with Wall-E for years, and is sad that there isn't anything Wall-E related at WDW. Very clever idea about them planting trees in Canada :)

Such a bummer about your brother, and your hard drive :sad1:

But on a happy note, I LOVE your calendar and the letters from the characters- may have to steal that :goodvibes My DD has been obsessed with Wall-E for years, and is sad that there isn't anything Wall-E related at WDW. Very clever idea about them planting trees in Canada :)

Thanks! Cordell loves Wall-E and even though he doesn't know we are going to Disney, he has noticed on the planning DVD and the park specials on Netflix, that Wall-E has no presence. I explained to him that they try to keep the newest and most popular available. I do hope we are able to find something Wall-E in the parks though. Some kind of souvenir...

Ill be there the 25th - 29th. I did finally make a couple ADR's. Since I procrastinate my choices were limited but I have 2 character meals planned which the kids should love.

I like your event calendar's! Did you make those yourself?

Ill be there the 25th - 29th. I did finally make a couple ADR's. Since I procrastinate my choices were limited but I have 2 character meals planned which the kids should love.

I like your event calendar's! Did you make those yourself?

Sure did. They aren't the most creative, but I don't have fancy software like a lot of people do. I made them all in Microsoft Paint.

I wish I was laid back enough to have just kind of gone with the flow of things. I stressed and freaked over ADRs. I was up at 15 til 6 every day for a week so that I could be online when reservations opened at 6.

My OCD pays off in some ways (the calendars), and doesn't in others.:goodvibes

I am really upset my brother can't come. The money was never an issue, in fact, we had decided we were going to invite (and pay for) his girlfriend to come with us. She had previously been unable to get away but things changed and she would be able to.

Yeah. I can understand being sad.

Thanks! Cordell loves Wall-E and even though he doesn't know we are going to Disney, he has noticed on the planning DVD and the park specials on Netflix, that Wall-E has no presence. I explained to him that they try to keep the newest and most popular available. I do hope we are able to find something Wall-E in the parks though. Some kind of souvenir...

It will probably be hard, but you should be able to find something. Maybe, as a back-up, you should order something online beforehand and bring it along, so you can leave it out with a note if the search in the park proves fruitless.

I expect you'll be able to find at least a pin.

Sure did. They aren't the most creative, but I don't have fancy software like a lot of people do. I made them all in Microsoft Paint.

I wish I was laid back enough to have just kind of gone with the flow of things. I stressed and freaked over ADRs. I was up at 15 til 6 every day for a week so that I could be online when reservations opened at 6.

My OCD pays off in some ways (the calendars), and doesn't in others.:goodvibes

I'm stilling stressing out over ADRs! I end up going with the flow once I get there, but I like to have a good structure in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter