• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

an 18 year old on the 4th of july wonder voyage - part 3

bubblemutant45

gobbles timmy!!!!!! ummm....sorry for runnin over
day 3!

castaway cay (or - the hell with the beach! gimme a bike and a good massage!) - we got off of the ship, had a bunch of picturse taken of us, and headed up the beach to get our snorkeling gear. we then went into the water (which was a beautiful teal) and swan around for a while. the beach on castway cay is nothing special, and there are no correls in the water. i suggest you hang out at the beach only if you love tanning, have a thing for the beach, or if you dont live near one. ppl like me and my family, who live near the beach and dont like spending much time there shouldnt waste there time (at least not on the family beach).

we went over to eat the BBQ (yum! :p food is good! lol), and then my brother ran off to the teen beach (we got very used to watching my brother race off on this cruise...lol). we went over to the bike rental and rented 3 bikes. the bike ride was so much fun!:p we had a great time. too bad the bike trail isnt longer. also, having a nature walk around the island would be great (DCL workers? are you taaking notes? lol ;) ). theres freezing cold water in coolers along the way, so dont worried about getting dehidraited while enjoying your fun-filled bike ride.

after the bike ride it was time for my massage in the cabanas....:cool: if you want to get a massage while on the cruise, you should definately book one for the cabanas on castaway cay. dont waste your time on a massage inside a room - you can get that anywhere. i got a half body massage. it was amazing!!!! theres this fantastic breeze that comes into the cabana. youre looking out on beatiful serenity bay (the adult beach), as the cabana is open on that side. ive had massages before, but this one made them seem like a waste of money. its 100% relaxation and peacefulness. tina (the one who gave me the massage) was so sweet! i liked her a lot!
my mom and i walked on serenity bay for a few minutes. its beautiful there, and very quiet. much nicer than the family beach.

we boarded the ship. my mom went over to the mandatory debarkation talk. my dad and i headed up to deck 9 to watch the departure and wave at the disney cast members who were waving goodbye to the ship as we pulled away :D . then we stuffed our faces with some good, free, hot french fries ;)

disney dreams - everyone told me that if i loved the hercules show, i would really love this one. i liked it, i liked it a lot. but i must confess that i liked hercules the muse-icale better. disney dreams is really sweet, and its the same group of performers, so the talent is there. but i still liked hercules better.

parrot cay - after family dueling pianos it was time to chow down. the tables in parrot cay are closer together than in the other 2 restaurants, so you feel a little squished. but as i said in part one, this is a really cute restaurant, with a live band! make sure to stay untill the end so you dont miss out on the fun surprise!

50's and 60's party (or - gollie gee! what a swell shindig!) - after another dueling pianos (hey! i really like matt and larry! :smooth: lol) we went over to wavebands for the 50's and 60's party. it was awsome!!! :p the cast members were dressed up and on the dance floor; you had the teacher, the cool guy, the nerd, the girl who no one wants....they were hysterical! i forced my mom up on the dance floor (you know i did, mommy! ;) )and we had a blast. the band from the night before, "jimmy (?) and the west side boys" were playing, and they were great! at the end the d.j. took over and told us all what to do (like "hold the hand of the person in front of you from between their legs" lol ). everyone had a great time (or at least everyone on the dance floor had a good time.....there were a lot of ppl just sitting around and watching :confused: ). i even got my parents to do one spot light dance (aaaah! ;) ). by the way - im extremely sensitive to cigerrete smoke and i also dont like being around drunk ppl. for this reason i dont go out to clubs (its too smokey, and everyones drinking....:rolleyes: ). i didnt notice too much smoke in wavebands. i get an imidiate head ach when im around smoke, and i didnt get any head ach, so thats a very good sign for other ppl like me. i guess the dancefloor is far away enough from the sitting crowd that you dont notice it. i also didnt encounter any problem with drinking ppl (except for this little incident in dueling pianos, in which i felt worse fior those ppls kids than i did for the rest of us).

after the last dueling pianos of the cruise :( it was time to go to sleep. in the morning, we had a nice breakfast in parrot cay and got off the ship. the whole processe of getting off the ship was very well run, and completely painless :) we had our luggage and were back in our car in no time at all.

when we were back in our (rented) car, we already started planning when our next disney cruise will be! :D i for one cant wait to get back on that ship! im even planning on rtying to get a job as one of the performers onboard when im out of the army (in another 3 years). so hopefully, youll be seeing me on the stage in the walt disney theater on you cruise in 3 years! :p

mom? can we go again? :)

Just a few more days!!! Thanks for the reports Chani :)

great report!!...
and the answer is YES YES YES......we definitely WILL go again.....
once i figure out how to get us to america without getting on a plane......hmmmmmm.......

what exactly is this? -->

'mandatory debarkation talk'

:confused:

Kiki,
the mandatory debarkation talk on our cruise was held on the day before we got off the ship....at about 4:30 in the afternoon in the Walt Disney Theatre.....
one person in each family was supposed to go to hear the procedures for getting off the ship...
it helped to make debarkation that much easier...

Hi there!
If you dont make it to the talk, they play it continuously on the tv on the last evening. You can watch it while getting ready for dinner then it doesnt take up any extra time. ;)

Thanks for the great trip report Chani!

I'm going on my second Disney cruise this Christmas at the age of 20 with my family. I was 16 on my first cruise, and this time I'm a little concerned about finding other people in my age group so I don't have to hang out with my parents all the time!!! I do enjoy a good dueling pianos routine, so I'm sure that will be something I do every night also! :cool:

~Greg

Greg,
Chani just started the first part of her army service, so she won't see your post for about 2 weeks (when she gets to come home for the weekend)......

i can tell you that she said that when we go on another cruise she's going to bring along her cousin (he's the same age as her)....that way she'll have a guaranteed buddy for the adult clubs....

by the way, i see you're a buckeye....we're originally from not so far away (michigan)....

hey greg (i hope you read this :) )
thanx for reading my trip report! as my mom said, i only got home today for the weekend after bein away for 2 weeks......so i only read this now.
definatley go to the singles mingle thing the first night. i think the crowd there really depends on the cruise - on mine everyone was older, but on a different cruise everyone was 18-22 year olds. maybe youll get lucky.....no pun intended :rolleyes:
dueling pianos is great! youll love it.
have a great cruise and be sure to post about about :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter