• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amy update 7-2-03

Pat_Elliott

<font color=blue>Kimberly's proud papa!</font><br>
Hi All!

I received a few PM's this morning wondering where I've been. I continue to be amazed how people care. I find my own employees don't seem to care where I've been! Last week was a rough one, more from a logistics and planning standpoint than anything else. I looked at my last post, thought it was a downer, and decided I wouldn't post anymore until I had an attitude adjustment.

Not much new news. The good news, the IMPORTANT news, is that Amy's physically ok, Kimberly's kicking like a mule (why oh why do they only do this at 3 AM?), and the heart beat continues to pump along in the 160 range.

The "planning" phase continues to be a hassle. When we last visited Payton Place, Mrs. Elliott had agreed to turn herself in on Monday July 7th. Unfortunately, the Danville area seems ill-equipped for large amounts of people, and some truck show in Bloomsburg is wreaking havoc with the local hotels. Most of next week they'd like around $150 a night, and on the weekend there's litterally not a room within 30 miles (checking such places as Bloomsburg, New Columbia, and Lewisburg, for the locals). In other words, no room at the Inn.

I've made arrangements for Amy to spend the last two months of her pregnancy in an efficiency apartment at the Pine Barn Inn, a fancy hotel at the foot of the Danville Geisinger complex, where all the doctors stay when they're up. At this point, I figure money be damned, my wife and child aren't going to live in a stye. And I was able to get a good price. But it doesn't open until Monday the 14th. We made a decision last night that we've done all we can and we're not going to do anymore. So as far as I'm concerned, she goes on the 14th. For now, she sits at home, feet up. She's angry at the world, but she's "doing the right things."

The insurance company called this morning and expressed their displeasure at Amy refusing to go this Monday (important to note the Doctors prefer she be there Monday, but agree we've done the best we can). I threw it right back at the insurance company. I find it questionable that they can't throw us A) some cash, and B) some help in finding a place next week. If this were optional, I'd figure that's life. But it's not. To me, that's a medical necessity and I think the insurance company should kick in a little help. If the doctors hospitalized Amy, it would cost them an arm and a leg. I'm asking for a few bucks a day to make it easier to swallow.

End of angry middle aged man rant.

So for now, thanks to those that have been asking, we seem to be fine physically, and heading in the right direction with regards to movement to Danville. And Kimberly says hi, too. She only says it at 3 AM, but I'll keep speaking for her.

Hope you all are well. It's a sunny day, and I've got a beautiful wife and will soon have a daughter. I choose to focus on those things, and everything else seems piddling. I even solved a client's programming problem that had been taxing me for three weeks, a testiment to the power of prayer and positive thinking.

Bless you all,

Pat

I like the feisty sound in your voice--you need that with all the red tape garbage!

You and Amy are doing the right thing; don't doubt yourself.

You three continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Wilma:wave:

You just put a lot in prespective for me. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. {{{hugs}}} Wishing the insurance would do more to help. Hang in there the reward at the end of this ordeal is well worth the wait, even when she turns 16 ;)

I used to hardly ever visit the Community Board but now I check every week for your updates. I even started posting a little here. Stay strong(especially with insurance companies..grrrrr)You three remain in our thoughts and prayers daily. Give Amy a hug and tell Kimberly "Howdy from Texas!!"

Wouldn't it be nice is the insurance companies actually cared about people?

I have an idea, Pat. Send them a copy of the movie "Rainmaker". It won't change their minds but it will make them feel uncomfortable for maybe a minute ;)

I'm glad that Amy and Kimberly are still doing so well. I hope you find a place to stay that is not so expensive. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Still keeping Kimberly Jane, Amy and you in my prayers and thinking good thoughts for you.

Thanks for the update, Pat, sounds like you have your head on good. My continued best for all three of you. Hang in there, enjoy the holiday.

I'm so glad to hear that things are going along well. For some reason insurance companies don't want to help with anything any more. I'm so glad you are a go getter type person who won't let them do you wrong. My prayers are still with you guys. Tell Amy and Kimberly hi from Georgia. :)

Thanks for the update Pat! Continued happy, healthy thoughts and prayers for you, Amy and Kimberly.

From looking at your sig picture and your description of Kimberly's 3am activity, I'm betting that you and Amy are going to have a feisty redhead on your hands in a couple of months!!!!

Pat ~ you all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Keep the chin up although I know it is at times difficult. Please know you can always talk to the DIS if you need to...God Bless.

Thanks for that update Pat! I am glad to hear that things are still going well physically for Amy and Kimberly. Such a pain about the insurance and the living arrangements though. Hang in there and enjoy the holiday together :)

Love your fightin' attitude, Pat. It sounds like Kimberly has it, too. Sending prayers your way.

Thanks for the update, Pat. I'm glad to hear that Amy and Kimberly are still doing well, though I'm sure Amy has some serious cabin fever. I hope the insurance company helps you out. {{{HUGS}}} and prayers for your family continue.

I look forward to your updates...and will continue to keep your family in my prayers!
Keep poking sticks at that insurance company. It is not unheard of for them to suddenly start covering things, especially if you throw in the arguement that it COULD be costing them more, either now, or down the line. The choice is theirs. :)

Good luck and keep those updates coming please!!

You might consider checking with the local United Way or other area agencies to see if there is any help available.

I know that a United Way that I used to be involved with that was near a Regional Medical Center had an endowment fund that had been set up years prior for situations like yours.

You might want to ask around with the doctors and nurses, they might know of somebody that can help with the living expenses.

Best of luck to you, your wife, and the little one!

:D

I'm keeping good thoughts for all of you. Save your receipts and keep appealing the insurance-- down the line they might just change their minds and/or see the light.

thanks for the update Pat......
keep being positive
(((( hugs )))) to you all.....esp at 3 am

Pat, I LOVE to hear these updates. I read them with baited breath and it is even better to see that we are under the 60 day mark now!!!

Hang in there, Amy, you're doing this for a good reason and we're all praying for the 3 of you!

Pat, have I told you lately what a terrific Dad you're going to make? :)
Hugs to all of you,
Cathy

Thanks for the update! I am continually amazed at the strength of the human spirit! And you, Amy and Kimberly are showing it in spades!

More prayers and pixie dust to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter