• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amphicar at The Boathouse, Disney Springs

steveyjc81

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

Im budgeting for my trip this summer. I see The amphicar tour is reduced from $125 to $100 if you dine in the restaurant. Would people normally tip the driver/captain as well, and if so, how much?

I see the photos can be linked free to MDE/Photopass which is good.

Hi All,

Im budgeting for my trip this summer. I see The amphicar tour is reduced from $125 to $100 if you dine in the restaurant. Would people normally tip the driver/captain as well, and if so, how much?

I see the photos can be linked free to MDE/Photopass which is good.
I have done this car a few times and I have tipped the Captain. Some are better than others. My granddaughter loves to do this and the pics you get are fun!

I hope you're budgeting bigtime for dinner, because The Boathouse steaks cost outrageously. A petite filet is $46--for nothing but the steak!

Myself, I'd pay the $125 and eat at Chicken Guy or Earl of Sandwich. That strikes me as a far better deal.

I tipped our driver 20 percent. It was fun and I am glad we did it. I don't think I need to do it again though. Kinda a one and done. You can also get the discount if you spend $25.00 in the store, just save your reciept. The food is very, very good there and is a must do for us each time we are in the area.

we are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 teens. Are we able to fit in one car?? The pictures make it look like the 4th person is the captain....

The limit in the car is 4 including the captain. When my wife and I rode in it, I found the back seat very cramped. Unless you've got small people, the back seat isn't going to fit two adults. So, you're not going to get 2 adults and 2 teens into the car.

We tipped the captain $20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter