• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amount of Wine at F&W

loveladyntramp

Mouseketeer
This will be our first Food and Wine Festival, I was wondering if someone could tell me for the price range of $3-$5 dollars for wine, is that a glass (6oz or more) or just a taste?

At the booths? no more than 3 ounces.

All beer sold at the booths is 6 oz except flights which are 4 4-oz servings.

I was bummed when they mentioned the 6oz beer pours during the podcast. I love craft beer. I guess I'll just have to order two beers every time I get in line. I'd love to hear Disney's explanation for this. Maybe they figure they can up the price a little without making it as clear how much the price is actually going up? Oh well...

Official explanation is that they want you to be able to "taste" different beers. But many think it probably has to do with overindulgence. However you can still get larger beers at the year-round beer purveyors in the Showcase. Try the Unibroue selections at the Canada beer cart.

It's not that bad, the price for buying 2 6 ounce beers is not all that much different from last year's price for a 12 ounce beer, it only varies by a few cents in most cases. it's just that it's inconvenient to have to carry two. (also - it is still much more expensive than buying the same beers at home, but that's to be expected)

Beer "snobs" are noting that the Craft Beer Odyssey selections are more mass-produced than truly "crafty" but there are some tasty beers there.

Official explanation is that they want you to be able to "taste" different beers. But many think it probably has to do with overindulgence. However you can still get larger beers at the year-round beer purveyors in the Showcase. Try the Unibroue selections at the Canada beer cart.

It's not that bad, the price for buying 2 6 ounce beers is not all that much different from last year's price for a 12 ounce beer, it only varies by a few cents in most cases. it's just that it's inconvenient to have to carry two. (also - it is still much more expensive than buying the same beers at home, but that's to be expected)

Beer "snobs" are noting that the Craft Beer Odyssey selections are more mass-produced than truly "crafty" but there are some tasty beers there.

If the price for buying 2 isn't much different that last year's 12 ounce price, the vendors may actually be making less money due to the cost of the cups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter