Amish Cheesecake?

I also think he meant the crust goes up the sides of the pan.

Here is the famous New York style, Junior's cheesecake. There is a view of a slice cutout with the thicker crust going up the side about 2 inches and special crunchies šŸ„° all along the top edge.

m115643.001

I remember making a boxed "no bake" cheescake. Haven't seen it in years, but I guess it's still around. It came with precrumbled graham cracker for the crust and the standard instructions were to place the crust uniformly up to the top of the pie tin. And most people making it had pie tins.

https://www.kraftheinz.com/jello/pr...secake-dessert-kit-with-filling-mix-crust-mix

classic-cheesecake-dessert-kit-with-filling-mix--crust-mix-00043000217108-en-US.png

They do have a suggestion on the website for making mini cheesecakes where their examples only have the crust on the bottom.

https://www.kraftheinz.com/jello/recipes/500041-jell-o-no-bake-mini-cheesecakes

jello_no_bake_mini_cheesecakes.jpg

I remember making a boxed "no bake" cheescake. Haven't seen it in years, but I guess it's still around. It came with precrumbled graham cracker for the crust and the standard instructions were to place the crust uniformly up to the top of the pie tin. And most people making it had pie tins.

https://www.kraftheinz.com/jello/pr...secake-dessert-kit-with-filling-mix-crust-mix

classic-cheesecake-dessert-kit-with-filling-mix--crust-mix-00043000217108-en-US.png

They do have a suggestion on the website for making mini cheesecakes where their examples only have the crust on the bottom.

https://www.kraftheinz.com/jello/recipes/500041-jell-o-no-bake-mini-cheesecakes

jello_no_bake_mini_cheesecakes.jpg
Those packaged mixes are a good "quick and dirty" cheesecake fix--kind of like the tubs of filling we were discussing on another thread. However, they're no substitute for the rich, so-heavy-you-can-barely-lift-it baked cheesecakes. Of course, they don't take the work--or make the large size--of the real deal, either. But, they're easy, and tasty.

Those packaged mixes are a good "quick and dirty" cheesecake fix--kind of like the tubs of filling we were discussing on another thread. However, they're no substitute for the rich, so-heavy-you-can-barely-lift-it baked cheesecakes. Of course, they don't take the work--or make the large size--of the real deal, either. But, they're easy, and tasty.

r.e. bold -- As I posted in #17, *if it isn't heavier than a bar of gold, it ain't N.Y. Style Cheesecake :teeth:*

suggestion -- Next time you have N.Y. Style Cheesecake, try some sliced 24 month aged Parmigiana Reggiano with each fork full. IMO, the combo of tastes and texture compliment each other and is quite unique.

I just bought NY style cheesecake from Stop and Shop.

2 absolute *truths* when eating Authentic N.Y. Style Cheesecake

1st -- It
is OK to have one's elbow on the table to provide support for the arm because each forkful is soooo thick & creamery heavy, one's arm will become too tired to continue to enjoy more after the first 2 bites

2nd -- If you aren't FULL after a forkful or 2 of REAL N.Y. Style Cheesecake, it ain't the REAL DEAL. :tilt:

All right, so via text, I asked him about the crust. He is saying he wants it up the side. Definitely not the conversation I recall having. But we have an answer. I may make this cheesecake Sunday.

^^ Kinda what I expected. Having a 3" crust on the bottom would have made NO sense to me. Can you post the filling recipe, that is really what determine how a 'cheesecake' tastes.

^^ Kinda what I expected. Having a 3" crust on the bottom would have made NO sense to me. Can you post the filling recipe, that is really what determine how a 'cheesecake' tastes.
I havent decided which recipe I am going to use. There have been a few great ones posted here. I also made a white chocolate cheesecake over the summer that he enjoyed, so I may tweak that recipe.

2 absolute *truths* when eating Authentic N.Y. Style Cheesecake

1st -- It
is OK to have one's elbow on the table to provide support for the arm because each forkful is soooo thick & creamery heavy, one's arm will become too tired to continue to enjoy more after the first 2 bites

2nd -- If you aren't FULL after a forkful or 2 of REAL N.Y. Style Cheesecake, it ain't the REAL DEAL. :tilt:
The Shop and Stop cheesecake is pretty good, but not that good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter