AMEX Travelers Cheque Discount Card

POB14

Colleen and Mary's BaBa<br><font color=00cc00>Feet
Our bank (and, I think, most places that sell AMEX Traveler's Cheques) has a deal; get a $500 Traveler's Cheque Discount Card with purchase of $500 in Traveler's Cheques.

According to the website, http://www.tcdiscountcard.com/index.jsp (click on Terms and Conditions and the rules will "pop up"):

At the time of printing, this card could be used as partial payment for hotel and resort stays, restaurant offers, condo stays, airline tickets, magazine subscriptions, DVD movies, Movie Tickets, Jewelry and CD Rom software. The list of applicable products, services and participating hotels is subject to change without notice.

I can't find anyplace that lists what airlines or hotels, nor what percent of your purchase can be paid with the discount card. (It does say it won't be ALL of it!)

Has anyone done this? I've sent a message to AMEX, so if I find out first, I'll post here. It sounds like a great deal if you can use the discount card for a substantial portion of a trip; not so much if you'll have to take 50 trips to use it all up. :dance3: <--- don't really know why I used that smiley, but it's kind of neat.

A bit of further info from the AMEX website:

NEW YORK, June 01, 2006 -- Just in time for the peak vacation season, American Express today introduced a new Discount Card, available to purchasers of at least $500 in American Express® Travelers Cheques Products bought between June 1 and August 31, 2006. This new Discount Card offers savings of 10-50% on hotels, airfare, dining and entertainment, up to $500.

Travelers will be able to use the Discount Card online for savings this summer at 7,000 hotels worldwide, including a best-rate guarantee at Hyatt, Sheraton and Holiday Inn; on a major airline, with no black-out dates for domestic travel; for Samsonite and American Tourister luggage; and at more than 60,000 casual dining and fast-food restaurants worldwide. Discounts can also be applied to movie tickets at Regal Cinemas, Loews Cineplex and AMC Theaters; more than 600 DVD titles; and more than 100 magazines. The Card is valid from June 1, 2006 until June 1, 2008, and discounts are applicable as partial payment online year-round.

Sounds a little bit like the Entertainment book, except the discounts a) will not be geographically limited, b) will be capped at $500, and c) I don't think the Entertainment books ever had anything with airfare.

Again, I'll post further if I get any info from AMEX.

Okay, they referred me to www.tcbonus.com where a bit of drilling came up with this info:
Hotels: Lowest rate guarantee at over 7,000 hotels worldwide! 15% - 45% off lowest market rate at top brands - Hyatt, Marriott, Sheraton, Holiday Inn and more!
Airline Tickets: 10% - 25% 0ff airfare on a major airline with no blackout dates.
Restaurants: 60% or more off restaurant certificates.
Magazines: 45% - 80% off low subscription rates.
DVDs and Movie Tickets: 25% - 45% off discount prices

HOTELS
Over 7,000 partners, including:
Beaches Resorts
Best Western
Country Inn & Suites
Crowne Plaza
Fairmont
Fiesta Americana
Holiday Inn
Hyatt
InterContinental
La Quinta
Palace Resorts
Park Inn
Park Plaza Hotel & Resorts
Radisson
Sandals Resorts
Sol Melia
Staybridge Suites
WorldHotels International
Wyndham

MOVIE TICKETS

Regal
Loews
AMC
Cinemark

AIRLINES

American Airlines

DINING

Over 7,000 casual dining restaurants nationwide
Over 50,000 fast food and carryout restaurants

DVDs

Over 500 titles including current releases, classics, TV shows and more!

LUGGAGE

Samsonite®
American Tourister®

MAGAZINES

Over 90 titles, including:
BusinessWeek
Conde Nast Traveler
Good Housekeeping
Marie Claire
Newsweek
PC World

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter