AMEX Travelers Cheque Discount Card

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by POB14, Jun 15, 2006.

1. POB14

POB14 Colleen and Mary's BaBa<br><font color=00cc00>Feet

Our bank (and, I think, most places that sell AMEX Traveler's Cheques) has a deal; get a $500 Traveler's Cheque Discount Card with purchase of $500 in Traveler's Cheques.

According to the website, http://www.tcdiscountcard.com/index.jsp (click on Terms and Conditions and the rules will "pop up"):

I can't find anyplace that lists what airlines or hotels, nor what percent of your purchase can be paid with the discount card. (It does say it won't be ALL of it!)

Has anyone done this? I've sent a message to AMEX, so if I find out first, I'll post here. It sounds like a great deal if you can use the discount card for a substantial portion of a trip; not so much if you'll have to take 50 trips to use it all up. :dance3: <--- don't really know why I used that smiley, but it's kind of neat.

2. In Luv with Disney

In Luv with Disney DIS Veteran

I'm really interested to hear about this, too!!!!!!!

3. POB14

A bit of further info from the AMEX website:

Sounds a little bit like the Entertainment book, except the discounts a) will not be geographically limited, b) will be capped at $500, and c) I don't think the Entertainment books ever had anything with airfare.

Again, I'll post further if I get any info from AMEX.

4. POB14

Okay, they referred me to www.tcbonus.com where a bit of drilling came up with this info: