• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amerisuites Universal

TracyK

DIS Veteran
I have just got this hotel on a Priceline bid. According to the site this hotel is just opposite the entrance of Universal Studios. Does anybody know how close it is and would there be a problem with walking to it?
Tracy:D

Well, I think it's within walking distance.

But some people on this board think what I consider walking distance is insane. That being said, the Amerisuites is one of the closer hotels to the parks. First you have to walk to Major Blvd, past the Holiday Inn, because the Amerisuites is set back a bit. Then you have to cross Kirkman Rd, which is six lanes wide. Then it's a fairly long walk to CityWalk (but the landscaping is quite lovely).

All told, I would estimate the walk to the parks themselves to be under a mile.

I stay on Major Blvd regularly, farther back than the Amerisuites, and I almost always walk to the parks. But then, like I said, some people think I'm nuts. ;)

kelly, u are correct, your definition of walking distance is insane 1 mile and across and 6-lane highway is not walking distance especially after a day at the park:wave:

Sorry, kelly, I have to agree...

I walked from the Suburban Lodge on Major Blvd to the Denny's next to Day's Inn and that was my limit. To hike it up to Universal's parking lot is a bit much for me! But I do appreciate a man who likes it!

Tracy, congratulations on getting this hotel on Priceline. It must be a new add. Do you get a suite? My problem with PL is they only promise a room with two beds and I like suites, mostly. Did you get a good bid? Sorry for all the questions but I love Priceline!

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies.
Kelly - I walked to Universal last trip from I-Drive (by Wet n' Wild) and we didn't find this a problem. Lots of other people might not be happy about this. I don't know this area too well. We walked along Universal Boulevard. Where is the Amerisuites in relation to this? I can't locate Caravan Court on any maps.
Robin - I was hoping to get the Amerisuites Convention Centre when I put this bid in as that was the one that seemed to be coming up. I bid $28 + $5 bonus for August. I got five nights. They are all suites and breakfast is included so I'm happy with the result.
Tracy:D :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter