'America's Got Talent' 2009

I feel bad for even writing this but Elisha annoyed me. I can't believe some of these acts that they put through. I did love Grandma Lee:happytv:

I'm with you. Let's be honest, she couldn't sing. Any kid who is that outgoing is going to be "cute." It's not a talent. I am "mean" when it comes to kids on these shows. I want to see people who have a real practiced, cultivated talent. Most kids are cute by default.

Most kids are cute by default.
I've always wondered if some of the smaller children's "cuteness" is rehearsed. Like if the parents have encouraged them to giggle or say certain things which would make the judges & audience melt. Some of it just seemed a bit staged to me. But I'm like you. I would rather see the adults who've put a lot into their act go all the way to the finals.

The guy whio sang Old Man River gave me chills
He was awesome

Side note: I'm no English buff, but shouldn't the show be called "America Has Talent"?

it could be, but America's is a contraction of America and Has. There for, it is actually corect the was it is. America's Got Talent reads the same as America Has Got Talent. :)

Elisha is fierce.

"I would take all my family members, well, most of them..."

Piers: You're quite a surprising young lady
Elisha: I think so!

She's such a confident, kinda *****y (in a good way), and she can admit her faults. Las Vegas act? Not sure. Do I love her? (in a non-creepy way) YES!

I also like Grandma Lee. I think they should be the final 2.

America, we've got our own Susan Boyle now. That woman who just sang several minutes ago. Said she'd never had a boyfriend, people laugh at her (sounding familiar?). What a beautiful voice! Definitely Broadway-style vocal cords.:thumbsup2 I think her name was Karl (?) or something like that. Great underdog story if she goes far this season.
The girl that's on now playing the harp & singing Killing Me Softly also has a beautiful/professional voice. It's easy to tell just by looking at her that she's got talent. Great voices in tonight's episode.

America, we've got our own Susan Boyle now. That woman who just sang several minutes ago. Said she'd never had a boyfriend, people laugh at her (sounding familiar?). What a beautiful voice! Definitely Broadway-style vocal cords.:thumbsup2 I think her name was Karl (?) or something like that. Great underdog story if she goes far this season.
The girl that's on now playing the harp & singing Killing Me Softly also has a beautiful/professional voice. It's easy to tell just by looking at her that she's got talent. Great voices in tonight's episode.

I second everything you said. Especially, Kari, the lady who said she had a bi lateral cleft palate. What a miracle that after whatever surgeries are involved, she can sing like that!! She's the reason I watch this show.

Can we discuss the eliminations last wee, first?

First off, i loved Peirse's line " old, tone deaf ,lip syncing drag queens who cant dance" or whatever it was. Briliant.
I am kinda mad about Mosaic, i think they were the best. Yes the chicken farmer was good, but id rather see Mosaic. To bad they both couldnt go forth. I think the judges decision at the end was also not so great. From his first audition, ive thought that dancer was just running around stage, jumping..

Any other input?

I did not like the eliminations at all. I can't believe the wonderful gal, Kari, with the cleft palate did not even get a chance but the drag queen dancers got called back by Simon. That broke my heart!

I realize that the judges effuse enthusiasm for the best acts but several of the ones that were told they would go all the way or had a chance for the million did not make it to the next round. I'm sure that many re-lived their initial auditions and believed what they were told.

I did not agree with the final decision, either. The girl has lots more talent than the boy and the Hoff's logic was flawed. If she was going to go big, why not on this show?

Enough griping from me. Actually, I love the show. The last 2 weeks just seemed more brutal than usual.

Thanks for the thread!

Can anyone tell me the acts moving on? I missed everything but the last five minutes last week-which was Grandma Lee and the dancer (which I totally disagree with!) Who else moved on?

I don't remember them all, but the magician and the boy dancer both made it. I remember because they are both from Florida.

The basketball-trampoline team made it (over the roller skating dudes!)

And the chicken farmer/singer

plus the previously mentioned magic act, Grandma Lee and the Boy dancer.

I think the girl singer made a mistake with the Miley Cyrus song. She didn't do the song justice at all--she sounded flat in the beginning and couldn't sing "softly" like Miley did. I know some may think the girl sang it better--but this performance was nothing like her initial audition and sounded like those people who attempt Celine Dion and fall flat. (not saying Miley is Celine--just me and DH's opinion of this specific performance).

I'm so MAD about Arcadian (boy dancer) making it over Thea Magea!! Unbelievable non-sense.. I think Piers needs to get to make these tie breaking decisions all by himself, he's the only one thinking clearly.

I'm so MAD about Arcadian (boy dancer) making it over Thea Magea!! Unbelievable non-sense.. I think Piers needs to get to make these tie breaking decisions all by himself, he's the only one thinking clearly.

I agree. My girls were involved in competition dance for years, and let me tell you, there is ALOT more talented young dancers than him. He's very good, but he is not extraordinary. Of course, just my honest opinion.

I have to totally disagree. Thea, while having a nice voice, sounds like many other girls that age. She was flat a good deal of the time on her last performance. She is just one of many with a descent, but certainly not incredible voice.

Arcadian, on the other hand, is an amazing dancer. I can only imagine how incredible he will be if he is given the right type of training. I think he could be another Baryshnikov given the opportunity to learn from the right people.

Arcadian, on the other hand, is an amazing dancer. I can only imagine how incredible he will be if he is given the right type of training. I think he could be another Baryshnikov given the opportunity to learn from the right people.

:thumbsup2 I think he is amazing for his young age. What a showman. He reminds me of a boy who dances at my kids performing arts school. He is 13 years old, and an incredible dancer. I could watch him dance all day.

Do I think Arcadian will win? No..that will be Acro-dunk. ;) But I hope he goes as far as he can, and maybe some great dance instructor will approach him.

Does anyone know the name of the song that the last group sang (the 3 siblings)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter