Americans in (Disneyland) Paris

Continued:

Some other neat things.

DSCF7283.jpg

DSCF7285.jpg

Napoleon’s clothes along with his famous hat.

DSCF7296.jpg

DSCF7301.jpg

And the weirdest thing, Napoleon’s actual horse. Yup. Ew. It even has his brand on it’s leg.

DSCF7300.jpg

Funny story about this picture. It was so beautiful that I leaned over the small red rope to get a closer look. Not with my hands to touch it or anything, just to get a closer look at the detail. Well, I guess I leaned a bit too far over because an alarm went off. I immediately jumped back and looked around completely embarrassed. A guard came over and told me to stay behind the rope and I sheepishly apologized. I felt like such a dope.

DSCF7297.jpg

After we spent a good few hours in the museum, we headed off to the big finale, The Eiffel Tower!

They had macaroons which I had to try while in Paris so off we went. As we approached the bakery, it was very chic, and modern, and we couldn’t wait to get inside. The only problem was that it was closed. Yes, closed! Who knew bakeries closed! We were so bummed not only because we were really looking forward to it, but because we had walked so far.

All bakeries (that are not part of a chain) have at least one day off and they take their summer holidays in turns so that the local residents can always get their fresh (twice) daily bread :goodvibes

Which one was it out of interest as i see that you stayed in my old neighbourhood ?

He was depicted as a Caesar type which was really interesting.

DSCF7257.jpg

That's his son Napoleon II who held the title King of Rome.He is also buried in there.

It's interesting to see a visit of Les Invalides in the TR as most people don't go over there :goodvibes

CarrieCat: Thanks for joining in! :) That's really interesting. It was La Pâtisserie des Rêves. We literally stared in the window and just drooled.

Thanks for clearing that up about his son, I should have noted that. Even in other depictions he was likeable to Caesar. What a weird little man.

CarrieCat: Thanks for joining in! :) That's really interesting. It was La Pâtisserie des Rêves. We literally stared in the window and just drooled.

Thanks for clearing that up about his son, I should have noted that. Even in other depictions he was likeable to Caesar. What a weird little man.

It's sure that he was very very full of himself and thought he was above all others.
When you think that he is encased in 6 different "coffins" inside that sarcophagus it shows that even in death he would seem bigger and superior :sad2:

La Pâtisserie des Rêves does look yummy, I'll have to go and check it out next time I'm in the area :goodvibes

I saw you also ate at the Café du Commerce, it's true that the service can be slow but it is such a beautiful place and very traditional that it's worth it.

I'll go back now and read from the beginning :thumbsup2

also glad to see a report from les invalides! we went to the tomb last time we were there, but didnt visit the museum. The museum is on our list for this trip, looks like some great stuff. thanks!

Thanks for the update, gorgeous photos, and Cory comments!

You did such a great job in planning! I'm going to have to reread your report and take notes again for when we go (I had been taking notes as I went along, but when my computer went for a swim I lost them). We don't have a trip planned yet, but I want to be prepared.

Sorry about the bakery! I wouldn't have thought to check to see if it was open either.

Thanks also for the Dis board instructions. I don't see a spot for private messages, but maybe I don't have enough posts to do that? I'll give it a try though if I see that option.

Sheri

Also, I hate to see your trip come to an end. I'm really enjoying it. Is there anything you may have done differently looking back? Hotels, transportation, sites you visited?

Thanks!

Sheri

Hi, just wanted to say I loved reading your TR :)

You said there was a Rapunzel area, can you tell me where that is because our daughter is absolutely in love with Rapunzel and Flynn and Mother Gothel, we watch Tangled around twice a day (sadly that is no exaggeration!) and she would go nuts if she could meet any of them :)

Thanks for the comments everyone!

As far as the Rapunzel area in DLP, I don't know the park well enough to know the specific spot, but I know it was in Fantasyland; maybe by the carousel?

After the museum, we finally made our way to the sight of the Eiffel Tower! We could see it as we made our way to it and it was so exciting to catch little glimpses of it along the way.

DSCF7304.jpg

We made it!

DSCF7306.jpg

Wow. It was huge and breathtaking. Now, what I didn’t mention much in the report is I have knee issues. I may actually be having up to 3 surgeries soon to help fix the problem. Without harping on that, at this point in the 21 day trip where we were constantly walking, I was past my breaking point. So when Cory asked me if I wanted to go up onto the Tower, I knew I wanted to, but that Cory wouldn’t want to spend the money to use the elevator. So, I sucked it up and told him yes, but we’d take the stairs. It would be an understatement to say there were a lot of stairs and I was so tired and in so much pain, but it was so worth it.

We made our way to the first level.

DSCF7308.jpg

DSCF7311.jpg

DSCF7313.jpg

We then went up to the next and final level for us.

Les Invalides.

DSCF7315.jpg

I had this idea for this picture and while Cory assured me it wouldn’t work, this is the result and it is one of my favorite pictures ever!

DSCF7319.jpg

DSCF7318.jpg

DSCF7320.jpg

After looking around and spending some time up on the Tower, we went back down the many steps.

We got a few pictures as we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our amazing dinner we would be having.

DSCF7321.jpg

We went back to the hotel and got all dressed up for our big dinner. Before we left, my grandma gave us a graduation gift of a Seine Dinner Cruise. She had always wanted to do one and gave it to us as a gift. It was a bit expensive, but so amazing and so worth it. This was our last dinner in Paris and of our vacation and it did not disappoint.

We had some time before the dinner so we walked by the Eiffel Tower and took some pictures.

DSCF7325.jpg

The clouds were beautiful.

DSCF7326.jpg

DSCF7332.jpg

This was a picture I HAD to have and I am so in love with it. What a way to end a trip and begin an engagement.

DSCF7335.jpg

We went toward the boat and this was the company we used.

DSCF7338.jpg

On the boat.

DSCF7340.jpg

Let me tell you. It may have been pricey, but so so so worth it! We got so much delicious food and I think two and a half bottles of wine! It was so much more than we expected and I would make it a must do for anyone who goes to Paris.

DSCF7339.jpg

DSCF7348.jpg

DSCF7359.jpg

DSCF7375.jpg

My handsome fiancé.

DSCF7383.jpg

DSCF7356.jpg

They took a photo of us which we did not buy, but I snuck a picture of.

DSCF7390.jpg

As we made our way back around at the end, the Eiffel Tower was lit up and sparkling. What a sight! Just gorgeous!

DSCF7395.jpg

Breathtaking!

DSCF7401.jpg

DSCF7408.jpg

Love this!

DSCF7412.jpg

We had such an amazing night! Wow! I will never forget that night.

We went back to the hotel and turned in. We had an early flight the next morning.

loved the updates! i loved the pics of you guys dressed up infront of the tower. glad the dinner was great, they are expensive! i went back and reread your report, seems like we have a lot of similar interests in sites and historical interests. I noticed you went to London as well, was there any sites in London that you just loved or would recomend, or have any opionions on? Our list currently includes: Westminster Abbey, Imperial War Museum, WB Harry potter tour (opens next week so that's new), British Museum, Hampton Court Palace, London Eye, Tower of London, Borough Market, Evensong at St. Pauls Cathedral, and Chelsea Football Club game vs. QPR (hubby loves chelsea). I would love to do Windsor castle, but not sure if we can fit it in.... any help would be appreciated!!!! Now I gotta go read the wedding journal :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter