Americans and Canadians culture Q&A Thread.

Hard question as it would be most places. since the majority of Canadians live within 100 miles of the border so most major cities.. I myself live about 20 minutes away from the border.
::yes:: Yes, just so - spread out all the way across the nation. Most people will never have visited Niagara Falls or have any plans to do so. Here in Alberta, we border Montana and as the province's largest city, we're a bit farther than 100 miles away. Kalispell/Whitefish is the closest sizeable place to the south and it's about a six hour drive; could be much longer in the winter. Pre-Covid, I knew of a decent amount of people who went down once a year or so to cross-border shop but it's not handy enough to go very regularly. And as a destination, there's really no draw other than Target; the skiing's better in Banff. ;)

Just based on geography and our interests, there's really nowhere in the US within driving distance that holds any allure. Our absolute favourite places to visit in the entire United States is the California coast and LA/San Diego. On an easy 3-hour flight we can be there - half the time it would take to drive to the nearest "border town".

Buzz, I do enjoy your questions! Had to say that, I look forward to seeing what’s next :)

Close to the border, I like ummmm I guess Buffalo for shopping. Niagara Falls NY right by the border isn’t the greatest but then I haven’t been over there for a very long time so it could have changed!

Buzz, I do enjoy your questions! Had to say that, I look forward to seeing what’s next :)

Close to the border, I like ummmm I guess Buffalo for shopping. Niagara Falls NY right by the border isn’t the greatest but then I haven’t been over there for a very long time so it could have changed!
Also in regards to Canada’s win on Sunday:

Canadians, do you have a favorite place to visit close to the border besides Niagara Falls?

I think that Niagara Falls & the Buffalo suburbs are the most visited from the Golden Horseshoe area of Ontario without a doubt.
If we are in that area we find it’s just a short drive along the Lake Erie shore to get the Erie PA for shopping as well.

If we are going east .. we like the Watertown NY area, crossing the St Lawrence at Ivy Lea/Thousand Islands Ontario into upstate NY

Canadians, since Canada may qualify for the World Cup tomorrow, I’m curious. Has anyone on this thread never watched the World Cup before (including 1986 when Canada last qualified)? No judgements, just curious who would be watching for the first ever because of Canada’s participation. :-) 🏆

What’s the most Canadian/American patriotic clothing item you own (in the spirit of the Olympics and WCQ tonight)?🇺🇸🇨🇦🦅🍁

Any chance you can keep all your soccer videos to one of your many soccer threads?
Yes, I just put that there since it’s a historical achievement for Canada. This thread is about American and Canadian culture. Sports is a part of any nation’s culture.

Blue Rodeo, and we have seen them endless times, everywhere. The latest concert for February is now postponed until April. I hope it happens ☹️

Canadians and Americans, how well do you the other’s national anthem or the other’s country’s patriotic songs? 🇺🇸 🤝🇨🇦🎵🎶

Canadians and Americans, how well do you the other’s national anthem or the other’s country’s patriotic songs? 🇺🇸 🤝🇨🇦🎵🎶

I would guess that most Canadians who watch any professional sport or the Olympics over the years can sing the Star Spangled Banner word for word.. many of your patriotic songs are familiar as well .. many have Canadian versions sung to the same tunes.
This land is Your land. is one of those but with Canadian landmarks etc,
My County tis of Thee is.,, God save the Queen. which was our national anthem before Oh Canada

our poor canadian neighobors had their house sale go thru.....crummy american had really bad credit and crummy canadian health care is forcing them back north in two weeks all those packets of mail , double postage to mail. to sign once the house sales,

our poor canadian neighobors had their house sale go thru.....crummy american had really bad credit and crummy canadian health care is forcing them back north in two weeks all those packets of mail , double postage to mail. to sign once the house sales,
No. Residency requirements mean people cannot be absent from the country for years at a time while still receiving full benefits - it’s hardly egregious. :sad2: If one wants to emigrate, they should formally do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter