American IRS Taxpayer ID Number

sparky309442

Earning My Ears
Hope someone else has received this in the mail. Got a letter from DVC saying I need to register with A Taxpayer ID Number and send the forms into DVD (Disney Vacation Development) so they can accurately file with the IRS. I am calling member services tomorrow when the open, and going to my bank to get their perspective, but wondering if anyone has some information about what this is and why we need to do this? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Hope someone else has received this in the mail. Got a letter from DVC saying I need to register with A Taxpayer ID Number and send the forms into DVD (Disney Vacation Development) so they can accurately file with the IRS. I am calling member services tomorrow when the open, and going to my bank to get their perspective, but wondering if anyone has some information about what this is and why we need to do this? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

I got the same thing. No idea. Please let us know what they say. I was going to call Monday since I am tied up the next few days.

We should be exempt from any US tax filings? I've not received anything yet. just curious did you buy direct or after-market? I am certain we filed out and signed documentation to exempt us when we bought direct.

We got the same thing....I am going to call, but I don't expect much help from MS in this regard....I will have to talk to my tax accountant....I have been a member for 5 years and never received this before :confused3

Anybody hear anything? I've yet to receive this letter.

It's also not unlike DVC to mail stuff they hadn't intended as well. There was a whole Aulani issue where they couriered out documents only to tell members to ignore them NEW documents would go out...

I talked with Member Accounting and DVD was audited in 2012 and because we bought direct from them, they are showing us as paying taxes. They need to show this to the IRS. We need to fill out the W8 form and send it in to DVD. That is all. It is something new that is being sent out to all non-Americans whom own DVC.

Is this despite us filling in documents when purchasing that stated we were foreign owners and not taxable on the timeshare?

From what I was told by MS, it's from an audit from 2012. It sounds like purchasers prior, but I'm not sure about purchasers after. I would phone MS and find out. They can explain better than I, and I wouldn't want to misquote or misinform anyone.

So who has filled out the form? For Lines 9 and 10 are there any Treaty Benefits? I'm researching online but figure if someone here knows then saves me some time.

We've get to get any requests from Disney. I am hoping our stuff is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter