• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

American Idol watchers?

IHeartTink04

DIS Veteran
I know Kevin (and I am assuming John) watch American Idol. I was just curious what you guys, and everyone else, thought of the outcome!

As for me, I am from Kansas City and I was rooting for David Cook all the way! So I am super happy!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I know Kevin (and I am assuming John) watch American Idol. I was just curious what you guys, and everyone else, thought of the outcome!

As for me, I am from Kansas City and I was rooting for David Cook all the way! So I am super happy!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

David Cook was awesome. Because he was a little older than 'little David', he had a depth to him that really came through in his singing. David Cook was very deserving of being 'THE AMERICAN IDOL'. :banana:

David Cook was awesome. Because he was a little older than 'little David', he had a depth to him that really came through in his singing. David Cook was very deserving of being 'THE AMERICAN IDOL'. :banana:

Agreed, I think overall Cook has more talent. I think he's very creative and a natural performer. Archuleta seems a bit one-dimensional in that he's really a ballad guy.

Im kinda upset cook won because now hes going to be forced to record things that the record company wants him too just like kelly clarkson, i wanted him to get 2nd and end up like chris daughtry and have his own deal but oh well lol

Im kinda upset cook won because now hes going to be forced to record things that the record company wants him too just like kelly clarkson, i wanted him to get 2nd and end up like chris daughtry and have his own deal but oh well lol

I don't think that they could be stupid enough to screw him up!

Either way I would have been OK with the result.

Dennis-

I, too, was rooting for Cook. Archuleta has time to develop some depth to his performance, and in time he will be a real talent, too.

I find myself in the same position.

I was actually rooting for Fantasia to win again.

The write-in campaign apparently didnt work.

:rotfl: write in campaign :rotfl:

I was voting for David A on the basis that Cook does not need as much guidance as David A does. For the next year, American Idol owns the winning contestant and I think David Cook could do fine on his own without AI forming him. David A could benefit from the guidance.

Either way, that was a final many people saw coming from the top 24 and was easily the two best people. I'm sad David A didn't win, but I'm not against Cook winning.

That was the best finale I've ever seen. (I only missed the first season)
The cheese was kept to a minimum (except for stupid Renaldo and the marching band, but that was mercifully short) I even saved it and am going to watch it again. I erased all previous finales almost immediatly.

I loved the pairings. I loved Brooke and Graham Nash. I LOVED David Cook and ZZ Top, also Bryan Adams and Donna Summer. The Gladys Knight thing was too funny and Ryan trying to breakdance!??! :rotfl:

I'm sorry, but I was Cookie all the way. David A. has a good, ok, very good voice, but EVERY time he performed I imagined him on the castle stage or at an Up with People concert. I never understood how anyone thought he was marketable. I imagined him going on tour with Clay Aiken...still do.

And when David C. WON!?!?! That was awesome. Very geniune. I think he is a class act. Great season.

I do have to say though....Could Amanda (Skunk haired girl) have looked anymore pissed off to be there? She really annoyed me. Why did she even try out?

I find myself in the same position.

I was actually rooting for Fantasia to win again.

The write-in campaign apparently didnt work.

I know I have mentioned this before to you but last week Fantasia was in my opinion a mess! Simon agreed!

What did you think of her last weeks performance?

That was the best finale I've ever seen. (I only missed the first season)
The cheese was kept to a minimum (except for stupid Renaldo and the marching band, but that was mercifully short) I even saved it and am going to watch it again. I erased all previous finales almost immediatly.

I loved the pairings. I loved Brooke and Graham Nash. I LOVED David Cook and ZZ Top, also Bryan Adams and Donna Summer. The Gladys Knight thing was too funny and Ryan trying to breakdance!??! :rotfl:

I'm sorry, but I was Cookie all the way. David A. has a good, ok, very good voice, but EVERY time he performed I imagined him on the castle stage or at an Up with People concert. I never understood how anyone thought he was marketable. I imagined him going on tour with Clay Aiken...still do.

And when David C. WON!?!?! That was awesome. Very geniune. I think he is a class act. Great season.

I do have to say though....Could Amanda (Skunk haired girl) have looked anymore pissed off to be there? She really annoyed me. Why did she even try out?

I could not agree with you more. This finale did not seem to drag on as much. I actually didn't want to see it end.

Amanda absolutely seemed like she was in hell. I think she smoked an entire pack of cigarettes every time before she sang.

Very happy with the results and the overall show. It did not drag on as it typically has in the past. I loved seeing Brooke with Graham and David was smoking with ZZ Top. OK, I'm going to show my age here, can someone explain the Jonas Brother thing to me? OK, they're cute, but what else?

Nothing against David A. While he is a fantastic talent, he has a lot of growing up to do both from a maturity side and a music side. He seemed to sing the same song week to week. From what I've read, the AI powers that be, really wanted Cook to win simply so that they did not have to deal with David A's father.

Great outcome! I was lovin' David Cook from the get go!

Last nights show was very entertaining, and for the pps who commented on Amanda's dispossition last night, I AGREE, I was cracking up watching her, she could not have been having less fun!

Oh and Brook can't dance!:banana:

I felt like both Davids were already winners so I really didn't care which one actually ended being the new AI. However, I was pleased that Simon apologized to David C. about some of his comments the night before as I really felt like he was being a bit cruel to constantly say David A. was the clear cut winner of the night.

As far as Amanda, I wonder if she is unhappy about going on tour or something because she certainly looked like she did not want to be there last night. Overall I thought the women in particular looked very awkward when they were doing the group numbers...they seemed so uncoordinated, like they didn't have enough time to learn the choreography or something.

Could have done without the whole Guru segment!

I was extremely happy to see that David C. won but then again I would have been really happy for David A. as well. I wasn't really rooting for either one more than the other. I really liked both of them. They were the best of the season. I to like many others really would have liked to see David A. win just for the simple fact that AI would have given him the guidance that he needs to grow as a musician and David C. seems to be seasoned enough. The first year with AI, I think David C. is going to be pretty much subdued and not allowed to put out some good music. It seems to me that most of the AI winners don't make it big until they are out from underneath AI's contracts. I think it would have been just what David A. needed to get a little bit more seasoned.

OMG...Amanda made me sick last night. If I was her I would have been excited to be able to perform on that stage. What a life long memory. Not many can say they got to perform on that stage. But yet she was so sour to the fact that it wasn't her. Her voice drove me up a wall, and I couldn't wait for her to get kicked off.

From what I have heard is that it is only the top 10 that actually go on tour. I might be wrong but that is what I have heard on like the radio shows and such in my area because everyone was wondering if Amanda was going to be on tour. ACCCKKKKK....run for cover and grab them ear plugs.

either way, looks like WDW is gonna be getting in bed deeper and deeper with American Idol...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hBuYr5THmwYOsYJUCBUiM6-0k1NAD90QBN2G0

How weird. I don't get the connection with Disney and American Idol. I understand they are doing the thing at DHS, but I don't understand how or why that happened. AI is a Fox show, not ABC, how did they get hooked up?
I was surprised at the Disneyfication on AI last night. The Jonas Brothers?
They seemed out of place. Jordan on the castle balcony? Odd. If David Cook would have said "I'm going to Disney World!" after Ryan told him he won I would have laughed my head off...and not to mention the fact it would have been weird and ruined a really great ending.

Yea David C.! Ever since I heard about David A.'s overbearing dad, it put a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth, although I know it's not really fair to blame "Little David" for his dad's obnoxiousness. ITA with the other posters about Amanda...would it hurt her to crack a smile?! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter