American Idol, Season 5 **Official Discussion Thread** Part 2

Elliot #2 - "What I Would Not Do For Love" - Once again, just okay. I do think he is a decent R&B singer and I thought the choice suited him. I don't think he's bad at all, but he just doesn't impress me all that much.

Katharine #2 - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" - She nailed it. 'Nuff said.

Taylor #2 - "You Are So Beautiful to Me" - Not as good as the original (especially when he went for those high notes), but this was pretty darn good. One of the few times Taylor has impressed me with a slow song.

Round #2 winner - Kat (I would say Taylor was a close second as I think it was one of his best performances, but Kat DID have a great, great moment with "Rainbow" and I think she overshadowed him too much in my opinion)
Round #2 loser - Elliott

:cheer2: :cheer2: You go Taylor!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

He is awesome tonight!

I am still sad that Chris was eliminated, but Taylor now gets all my votes!!!!! I am really enjoying his performances tonight!!

Taylor...I hate that song...but I loved Taylor singing it! (I still think Katharine was better) DH says "god he stinks, he is the worst one there"

Of course this is the first time DH is watching so we will just ignore him.

Ok people. I'm sorry. I just don't get the Taylor thing. :confused3
I can appreciate a soulful voice--I'm an R&B fan from back in the day, but he just isn't solid enough. He didn't get near the soul that song requires.
Sorry. I want to like him, but I just don't hear it. I gotta go with Kat. No Elliot. No Kat. I don't know. Bring back Chris.

RyMickey said:
Elliot #2 - "What I Would Not Do For Love" - Once again, just okay. I do think he is a decent R&B singer and I thought the choice suited him. I don't think he's bad at all, but he just doesn't impress me all that much.

Katharine #2 - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" - She nailed it. 'Nuff said.

Taylor #2 - "You Are So Beautiful to Me" - Not as good as the original (especially when he went for those high notes), but this was pretty darn good. One of the few times Taylor has impressed me with a slow song.

Round #2 winner - Kat (I would say Taylor was a close second as I think it was one of his best performances, but Kat DID have a great, great moment with "Rainbow" and I think she overshadowed him too much in my opinion)
Round #2 loser - Elliott

Man we think alike, great points.

RayJay

Must mention that Elliott screwed up the lyrics to Open Arms (reversed two of them). Taylor is awesome...but I thought he had a little trouble with that one (and I think he thought so too based on his facial expressions)...But I still love him and think he will win.

Elliott #3 - Ok for me. He is a good singer, but I just don't get into his performances.

Elliott #3 - "I Believe to My Soul" - Once again, just kinda boring. Elliott doesn't mess up, but, this might sound stupid, I just didn't feel the "SOUL" in this song. He didn't sell it to me.

A few weeks ago, I was hoping for an Elliott/Kat finale, but he didn't impress me much tonight.

I can't stand this guy, he can't/shouldn't sing Journey, Ray Charles or Springstein. Why is he still in the competion.

?????

Hmmm....I am actually on the fence with Elliot's last song. I can't watch him anymore or he doesn't stand a chance. Parts of that song were ok. He didn't sound flat...but then I hadn't heard the song before...so can't be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter