American Idol, Season 5 **Official Discussion Thread** Part 2

i didn't realize there was a thread on here for american idol! thank goodness! i was talking to my boyfriend about what happened tonight and he said "babe, i have no idea who you are talking about". but now i can say something and you people will know!! phew! poor chris! i can't even believe it. everyone was so shocked but i don't think anyone as much as him. it's weird with the voting. i think it has been so predictable up to this point with who would be voted off each week. it's like they needed a shake up and here it was. if it was so hard to get through to vote for chris and if everyone was saying what a shoe in he was to be final 2 if not the winner, then why did he go tonight? makes you wonder.... at this point, taylor, no way. katherine, ok

I am still completely speechless...I thought he would win it all. I like the others but I thought Chris had "it" even though he wasn't my type of music.

I really don't know who is going to win now... :confused3

I am sooooo sad. I have no interest in watching the rest of the shows. Maybe my outlook will change by next week, but Chris was the Only one I really liked. :worship:

I was quite shocked and disappointed at the results tonight! All along I had thought that Chris or Taylor would be the next American Idol! Chris is a great singer/performer and I think he will do fine in the future, but I was just shocked to see him go tonight! I thought he would at least make it to the semifinals. :confused3

r3ngels said:
I am still completely speechless...I thought he would win it all. I like the others but I thought Chris had "it" even though he wasn't my type of music.

That's the thing, I have never been a rock fan, but from the day they went to the 12 finalists & Chris sang I said "he could take it all". I just loved his voice & his performing.

I voted numerous times for him & Kat last night. Guess I should have moved my Kat votes to Chris!

Now, maybe they will change the voting system. Simon's two favourites didn't make it to the final, something that has never happened before.

I don't know if this was mentioned already, and it's totally off topic.

But did anyone else notice that Priscilla looked pregnant? :eek:

MELSMICE said:
I voted numerous times for him & Kat last night. Guess I should have moved my Kat votes to Chris!

I split my votes between Elliott and Chris. Guess I should have done more for Chris, even though after a while all I did was vote for Chris. :confused3 :confused3

This is ridiculous. I really like Elliott and Katharine, but Chris would've made the best idol. Oh well.

I am at a loss for words.
There is no way that Chris should have gone before Katherine.

I felt so bad for him. I pray that he is better off not winning AI and will put out a kick*** CD, which I will be the first to buy.

Sorry to all you Taylor fans-but that was COMPLETE bull to have him re-sing his Elvis song again tonight!!!
That is completely an unfair advantage over the remanining contestants and unfair to Chris that he didnt even get the spotlight or get to finish his own darn song on his last night.

That really ticked me off.

This season now has as much suspense as last year. Just like we all knew Carrie was going to win, we all know now its Taylor.

I said if Chris got the boot I wouldnt vote anymore, but I might just give me votes to Elliott to at least make the finale interesting.

A very disgruntled fan...

mickeymousemom said:
ummmm......ooookayyyyy. Chris's music may not be your type

Correct, Chris' music is not my type.

...but he's got a great voice. Your statement is pretty far from the truth.

IMO he does not have a great voice, an okay voice, but not a great one. And yes, he screams during most of his songs. He screams--a lot. So, IMO, that makes your statement pretty far from the truth. But so what?! For the legion of Chris fans, this music is their cup of tea. When he makes his CD, you and other of his fans will buy it; I will not. Everyone will be happy. :thumbsup2

Neither you nor any other Chris fan is going to convince me that Chris is this awesome, great, fantastic, singer, and, frankly, I don't care tuppence what the former spouse of Mariah Carey thinks about Chris or any of the other contestants.

This is a talent show and great entertainment. There's no need to beat up the television. :teeth:

Shocked, shocked at tonight's vote. I really thought Chris would win, although I really hoping Taylor wins.

Yes, I thought Priscilla looked pregnant. Isn't she is her 60's???

mcr5298 said:
I don't know if this was mentioned already, and it's totally off topic.

But did anyone else notice that Priscilla looked pregnant? :eek:

Yes, I thought her outfit made her look pregnant! But she's about to turn 61 years old this month.

Priscilla will be 61 in a couple of weeks! Wow! I don't have a confirmation that it's ture. But she sure did look pregnant!

mcr5298 said:
Priscilla will be 61 in a couple of weeks! Wow! I don't have a confirmation that it's ture. But she sure did look pregnant!

A few years back, wasn't there some 60-ish woman in Italy who had a baby after some procedure (embryo transplantation, I think?). I recall a lot of hoopla as to why someone that 'old' would want to have a baby. I guess 60 must be the new '40.' :teeth:

I noticed that--but she could just be getting old age gut--or maybe recovering from a tummy tuck. Who knows? I just thought it was an aging thing for her though.

mickeymousemom said:
ummmm......ooookayyyyy. Chris's music may not be your type...but he's got a great voice. Your statement is pretty far from the truth. Tommy Mottola even commented on how amazing he sounded and how great he'd be in the recording studio. He bets the he!! out of many rockers we have today. Just because he doesn't sing Barry Manilow or Johnny Mathis doesn't make him a screamer. :confused3

:badpc: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<me and my television....anyone care to join me??

On that note--Paris got raves from the professionals as well. Unfortunately we don't vote on rehearsals--we vote on the show.

It is shocking that Chris is off--but I'm sure he will do well. Hopefully his CD is better produced than Bo's was.

(I like Chris singing ballads--I'm not a fan of scream singing either. But I wouldn't say he was untalented b/c of it).

mcr5298 said:

wow! she sure DOESN'T look 61! :scared1:

Wow, great minds think alike. When DH and I were watching, we noticed her tummy and both of us said "she looks pregnant!".

She's also had some horrendous plastic surgery :rolleyes2

Wow! What a surprise!

I was thinking it would be Kat or Elliot even though E did so well last night... I really thought Chris & Taylor were kind of "untouchable".

I agree that Chris will go on to be successful... probably in a band. He is, after all, a rock singer -- and most of them are not solo artists -- even if they are the "stars".

I am kind of glad to see the "conspiracy theory" go down the tube.
AI is -- as always -- unpredictable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter